991 Turbo / Turbo S Stage 2+ Upgrades Available from GIAC!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
991 Turbo / Turbo S Stage 2+ Upgrades Available from GIAC!

GIAC Stage 2+ software is now available for 991 Turbo/Turbo S customers with a Champion Motorsport intercooler upgrade and upgraded turbo back exhaust system. This GIAC engine software calibration was developed with support from Champion Motorsport to maximize power gains at up to 126 horsepower and 169 ft. / lbs. of torque over stock at four wheels (91 octane fuel), while retaining reliability. Following extensive power tests on GIAC’s Mustang dynamometer, focus shifted to the street, strip and road course for stress testing. Though the fuel system is much larger on the 991 models, the turbochargers are smaller and less robust than those of its 997.2 predecessor. Because of this fact, GIAC was careful to retain all boost and temperature safeties. Removing these safeties in an effort to push power further could cause premature turbocharger failure. GIAC product development for this product has generated a balance of power and reliability that is unmatched by any other aftermarket tuning solution.

In addition to generating reliable power gains, GIAC calibrators were careful not to sacrifice drivability. Our engineers worked hard to make the Stage 2+ driving experience feel as smooth as, or smoother than, stock.

Software testing for this product was completed using proprietary logging equipment engineered for comprehensive DME access and ultra-high speed data acquisition. GIAC worked diligently with Champion Motorsport (CMS) to fine tune the software on their own vehicles, as well as on vehicles brought in-house to GIAC.

GIAC Stage 2+ software for 991 Turbo applications features:
  • properly recalibrated air/fuel ratios
  • improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable system feel
  • optimized torque control for smoother part throttle power control and faster shifting
  • raised speed limiters to factory redline in final drive gear
  • dramatic improvements in power under the curve, gaining as much as 126 - 145 horsepower and 149 – 169 ft. / lbs. of torque in some areas (91 – 104 octane fuel)
  • power gains over stock, stage 1 and stage 2 for both pump gas (91 & 93 octane) and 104 octane fuel
  • 100% OBD2 port flash with no DME removal necessary.

GIAC’s Flashloader handheld switcher is available for this application, complete with the following switching options:
  • 104 octane performance
  • Valet mode
Dynamometer test results from an MD-500 Mustang dyno are included here. The graph plots power tests (wheel HP and TQ) for a 2015 Porsche 991 Turbo equipped with a set of Champion Motorsport intercoolers and a GMG Racing World Challenge Race exhaust system. The red line denotes a completely stock Porsche 991 Turbo with OEM software, exhaust, intake and charge cooler, on 91 octane. The green line denotes the same Porsche 991 Turbo with GIAC software, Champion Motorsport intercoolers, GMG Racing WC exhaust, and a factory intake on 91 octane. The blue line denotes the same Porsche 991 Turbo with GIAC software, Champion Motorsport intercoolers, GMG Racing WC exhaust, and a factory intake on 104 octane. "

2015 991 Turbo Raw All Wheel Horsepower: Stock vs. Stage 2+ 91 octane pump vs. Stage 2+ 104 octane race

2015 991 Turbo Power Gains Over Stock: Stock vs. Stage 2+ 91 octane pump

2015 991 Turbo Power Gains Over Stock: Stock vs. Stage 2+ 104 octane race

2015 991 Turbo S Raw All Wheel Horsepower: Stock vs. Stage 2+ 91 octane pump vs. Stage 2+ 104 octane race

2015 991 Turbo S Power Gains Over Stock: Stock vs. Stage 2+ 91 octane pump

2015 991 Turbo S Power Gains Over Stock: Stock vs. Stage 2+ 104 octane race

2015 991 Turbo Crank Horsepower: Stock Turbo vs. Stock Turbo S vs. Stage 2+ 91 octane pump vs. Stage 2+ 104 octane race

Old 11-30-2015, 05:08 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Are these graphs on the new Stage 2+ tune released last month?

Old 11-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shifter_
Are these graphs on the new Stage 2+ tune released last month?
Yes, they're for stage 2+.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:53 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Yes but there's two versions of the Stage 2+ tunes

Old 12-01-2015, 06:42 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Thanks for all this data Austin. Extremely happy with this tune.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Always a pleasure working with you guys Austin. The power and consistency of this tune is indisputable. With so few bolt-on parts, the type of reliability and increase in performance that we can offer with this package is just unbelievable, and the real-world results keep coming in, proving it time and time again.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...0-134-5-a.html

Old 12-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by shifter_
Yes but there's two versions of the Stage 2+ tunes
There were a handful of people who received a slightly lower torque version, they've all been updated to this final release version. There is one public release version now.

There is also a similar update to stage 2.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:54 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
There were a handful of people who received a slightly lower torque version, they've all been updated to this final release version. There is one public release version now.

I was one of those people. I ran the earlier version of Stage 2+ at Atco which is when the car did 10.316. I subsequently was updated to what is now the public release version of the Stage 2+. The current version feels significantly stronger/more powerful than the early version installed in a few of the first cars to get the Champion ICs and GIAC Stage 2+

Old 12-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of

Austin. What is the update for guys like me with stage 2 on 93 octane?

Old 12-01-2015, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I got the earlier version also.

I need to go get updated.

I've been running the Cobb AP since last month and I want to compare it to the new Stage 2+.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Nfall
Austin. What is the update for guys like me with stage 2 on 93 octane?
It's more power under the curve, but similar peak HP numbers. It's a free update.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
That the great thing about GIAC, that they give you free updates as their tune evolves!!

Back in 2007 I had purchased a used 02 Audi S4 that came with a full AWE STG 3 package from the old owner. GIAC let people know that there was update and I was able to upload it for free 5 years later!

I also had a AWE LWFW on the car and the crank pick up (or something like that) come off after a missed shift (very high revs). I called them and ask them how much it was to replace and WITHOUT ASKING they said if they inspect it and it is a manufacturing defect they will replace a $900 LWFW! They looked at the photos and said it looks like it was a early defect and for me to send it in. I paid for a new one that they shipped me and when they got the defected one back they credit my credit card for the new one!!!! THIS WAS TO A NON ORIGINAL OWNER AND 5 YRS LATER (as the owner did the full AWE package after 5months of ownership)!!!

This is why for companies like this sometimes it might be more $$, but the service, integrity, long term reliability and out right performance is worth every penny!

If I was spending 200K+CDN on a 991T, I would be hard press not to use such companies!

Great Job GIAC and to your partners at AWE!!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 12-01-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:22 PM
cfpchfc1 is on a distinguished road

Could you please post the old and new numbers for stage 2 catless?

Old 12-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cfpchfc1
Could you please post the old and new numbers for stage 2 catless?
Our dyno has been slammed recently. Working on getting a regular stage 2 car in here for testing in the near future. I will post updates when that happens. This update was checked/logged on the street only since it was a minor adjustment.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
That the great thing about GIAC, that they give you free updates as their tune evolves!!

Back in 2007 I had purchased a used 02 Audi S4 that came with a full AWE STG 3 package from the old owner. GIAC let people know that there was update and I was able to upload it for free 5 years later!

I also had a AWE LWFW on the car and the crank pick up (or something like that) come off after a missed shift (very high revs). I called them and ask them how much it was to replace and WITHOUT ASKING they said if they inspect it and it is a manufacturing defect they will replace a $900 LWFW! They looked at the photos and said it looks like it was a early defect and for me to send it in. I paid for a new one that they shipped me and when they got the defected one back they credit my credit card for the new one!!!! THIS WAS TO A NON ORGINAL OWNER AND 5 YRS LATER (as the owner did the full AWE package after 5months of ownership)!!!

This is why for companies like this sometimes it might be more $$, but the service, integrity, long term reliability and out right performance is worth every penny!

If I was spending 200K+CDN on a 911T, I would be hard press not to use such companies!

Great Job GIAC and to your partners at AWE!!
Thank you for the kind words!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.