Upgrade Turbos Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PMNewton
So you traded losing 50hp and 80tq at 3300 rpm for gaining 80hp and 65tq at peak? It looks like the car loses power and torque everywhere under 4k rpm. I will be interested in seeing if there's any benefit to that in your acceleration times. Please keep us posted!

- Patrick
Trust me, that is only graphics on a paper, the car do not loose anything in any RPM's

Old 12-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Yeah Patrick everyone loves the way the car feels. Whenever you go larger you will lose a little on the bottom end especially on the Dyno. While you're moving if you stab throttle it feels outstanding. We can get in deeper on the tuning and make that look better on the graph but we just don't need to. The response when you're driving leaves you wanting for nothing. I think when we put manifolds on it might be a little better on paper. Where it counts the car feels simply BIGGER! 4 to 5 mph more in the 1/4 mile and I'm assuming more than that in the half-mile. Can't wait!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 12-26-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:41 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Absolutely... The most compelling reason to go Cobb AP outside of feature set is the ability to fully customize and tailor the tune to the user as opposed to an OTS tune. In WCCs case boost pressure/ timing can be massaged and added anywhere along the curve to smooth the line and increase the power. Timing can theoretically be added or pulled back based on data logs and what the particular build responds best to.

However at this level you will realize hardware limitations at approx. 650 Whp.

Kline headers only help to achieve the upper power band efficiencies at this level.

Remember Porsche factory engineers were able to achieve consistent 10 second qtr mile times with 200 less whp. The additional power Enrique added is best tuned mid to upper range.

Last edited by White991TT; 12-26-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Agree 100% with Sam & Nigel

Old 12-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Trust me, that is only graphics on a paper, the car do not loose anything in any RPM's
Also if you see the RPM's range at WOT after you start shifting gears is always above 5k RPM's, and there is where this car have the most gains... But if you want to see a Graphic more "to the left" you can put "a little make up" in the tune and achive it like Sam said, but in the real world is completly transparent

Old 12-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
Great numbers.

Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Well just one world, WOW... First of all I will like to thanks my good friends Sambo ByDesign, Mitch COBB and Omar, you guys are pros.

This is what my car have

Kline Catless System
ByDesign Intercoolers
ByDesign Upgrade Turbos
COBB Custom Tune
Race Gas

The car on our mustang dyno (very low reading) gain 80whp and 65wtq (high RPM's) vs stock turbos, IC's, Exahust and Custom Tune

The car have no turbo lag, feels like the stock turbos but very strong at top end... vbox numbers soon.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:30 PM
Banned
Thanks!

Old 12-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Banned
Thunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Happy holidays everyone! Thunder, I don't think I ever made any quotes about anything being really bad. The Kline Innovation equal length headers produce a pretty amazing sound and have proven to be beneficial. Can you max out the fuel system with upgraded turbochargers and no manifolds? Yes you can. I love the Kline manifolds as does every one who is running them. Sounds outstanding! There's always several factors like budget and such that may dictate what a customer gets and when. First people wanted coding. Now it seems they don't LOL. The good thing is we have a System for everyone. Just like the exhaust. Several guys have switched to the Kline and they have been very pleased. If not I would take it back. Customers always have a choice and I stand behind everything as always
No. It wasn't you
Looks like he is trying to sell more useless parts to make more money.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:25 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Lol who? I miss something?

Old 12-26-2015, 07:30 PM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Maybe the graph makes it look worse than it really is. I have to remember that the stage 3 numbers are way above stock which makes it look like the car is losing power down low with stage 4. I bet if we compared a stock curve to the stage 4 curve they would look the same below 4k rpm. The stage 4 also looks more linear which is nice in a turbo car. I would love to see what it does on 93 or 91 octane too.

- Patrick

Last edited by PMNewton; 12-27-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:38 PM
Banned
We also tune on 93 oct... Will post the graphic later, but put around 45whp less

Old 12-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Numbers look real strong! Can't wait to see what she can do on the streets.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by PMNewton
Maybe the graph makes it look worse than it really is. I have to remember that the stage 3 numbers are way above stock which makes it look like the car is losing power down low with stage 4. I bet if we compared a stock curve to the stage 4 curve they would look the same below 4k rpm. The stage 4 also looks more linear which is nice in a turbo car. I would love to see what it does on 93 or 91 octane too.

- Patrick
Yes, if we put the stock car graphic vs the highest so far the curve of the stock one is less agressive on the left side

This is what it put on 93oct vs 93oct with stock turbo (but the other bolt ons)
We do not spend too much time with 93oct tune, very conservative map... Eitherway it gain 45whp & 40wtq (at high RPM's)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	53
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	435904  

Last edited by webcarconnection; 12-28-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Numbers look real strong! Can't wait to see what she can do on the streets.
Thanks, hopefully this week will have the time to do vbox numbers

Old 12-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Banned
Gameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud ofGameoverr323 has much to be proud of
I'm new to the forum but congrats I love the build 😍

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Turbos Dyno Numbers