By Design Cobb Stage IV + Shift Sector = Another 1/2 Mile World Record! 175.6 MPH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 10:59 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
By Design Cobb Stage IV + Shift Sector = Another 1/2 Mile World Record! 175.6 MPH

Just wanted to update all interested in the results today with my By Design Stage IV 991 TT. We had the fastest overall trap in the 1/2 Mile and won the event.

Faster than Buggatti which ran 171, big turbo Mclaren at 170, 1000hp Ford GT at 173, SC Lambo doing 168, etc. etc.

Huge thank you to Sam, Mitch and Jon at Cobb as well as IPD Mike. A tremendous accomplishment for the team.

Running faster than a Veyron and its best run for the day is an epic accomplishment! Felt we had 177 mph in her as she kept performing as temps became cooler towards the days end. This was all done on street tires and the data is impressive for non dedicated runs. Was a fun day.

Ultimately the passion of Sam and the rest of the team is what propels this performance and these impressive results.

Thank you!

Old 02-27-2016, 11:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
So Awesome Nigel! You deserve it my friend!

Just goes to show how far a well researched parts combination by Sambo and a custom tune on a Cobb Accessport will get you!

Again awesome job Nigel!

-Jon

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Last edited by COBB Tuning; 02-27-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:23 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Nigel, that is really badass bro. Congrats for a well deserved reward to everyone's hard work. Your car hauls!

Old 02-27-2016, 11:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Congrats Nigel that is moving!

Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

Old 02-27-2016, 11:28 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Congrats Sam and everyone involved! You deserve it man. I had a feeling you were going to pull out the win today. Looking forward to get my 991tts now!

Old 02-27-2016, 11:33 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Congratulations Nigel! That is an incredible run. What a result. What tires were you running and what pressure and what mods? Just amazing speed.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:39 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nigel, Nigel
You were the first buddy. Guys this dude works on his own car and is always down for an event and the fun/passion of it! Thanks for the opportunity my friend and congratulations, you earned it. The entire team came through and we exceeded our goals! What an exciting day!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 02-27-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:11 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Just wanted to update all interested in the results today with my By Design Stage IV 991 TT. We had the fastest overall trap in the 1/2 Mile and won the event.

Faster than Buggatti which ran 171, big turbo Mclaren at 170, 1000hp Ford GT at 173, SC Lambo doing 168, etc. etc.

Huge thank you to Sam, Mitch and Jon at Cobb as well as IPD Mike. A tremendous accomplishment for the team.

Running faster than a Veyron and its best run for the day is an epic accomplishment! Felt we had 177 mph in her as she kept performing as temps became cooler towards the days end. This was all done on street tires and the data is impressive for non dedicated runs. Was a fun day.

Ultimately the passion of Sam and the rest of the team is what propels this performance and these impressive results.

Thank you!

Nigel congratulation again you shattered the 1/2 mile record today,your car was hauling the mail

Old 02-28-2016, 01:14 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
So Awesome Nigel! You deserve it my friend!

Just goes to show how far a well researched parts combination by Sambo and a custom tune on a Cobb Accessport will get you!

Again awesome job Nigel!

-Jon
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Nigel, that is really badass bro. Congrats for a well deserved reward to everyone's hard work. Your car hauls!
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Congrats Nigel that is moving!

Mitch
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Congratulations Nigel! That is an incredible run. What a result. What tires were you running and what pressure and what mods? Just amazing speed.
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Nigel, Nigel
You were the first buddy. Guys this dude works on his own car and is always down for an event and the fun/passion of it! Thanks for the opportunity my friend and congratulations, you earned it. The entire team came through and we exceeded our goals! What an exciting day!

Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Nigel congratulation again you shattered the 1/2 mile record today,your car was hauling the mail
Thanks to all!

Really a long day from driving the 991TT to and from the event (Approx. 300 miles) as well as multiple runs at the event.

This car is essentially bolt on performance with the magic being in HTZ, Kline, IPD, ICs and enabled by the Cobb Access port. Sam has proven the ability to repeat and create the exact same level of performance on any 991 Turbo. Insane, if you really think about that for a moment....

I can offer that the MPSS street tires we ran today are extremely capable (40psi rear 36psi front). My VTGs are oem stock turbo housings with those pesky little HTZ 65s. The car is rock solid, the results are consistent and the performance is record breaking.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
Killed it. Congrats my friend.

-Mitch

Old 02-28-2016, 05:08 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Thanks to all!

Really a long day from driving the 991TT to and from the event (Approx. 300 miles) as well as multiple runs at the event.

This car is essentially bolt on performance with the magic being in HTZ, Kline, IPD, ICs and enabled by the Cobb Access port. Sam has proven the ability to repeat and create the exact same level of performance on any 991 Turbo. Insane, if you really think about that for a moment....

I can offer that the MPSS street tires we ran today are extremely capable (40psi rear 36psi front). My VTGs are oem stock turbo housings with those pesky little HTZ 65s. The car is rock solid, the results are consistent and the performance is record breaking.
Nice to know the pilot super sports, which I also have, are capable of that. Mine just slid all over the place and couldn't launch at Wannagofast in Ocala but the weather was cold. Your PSI also makes me realize if I want better trap speeds I need to be closer to stock pressures than drag racing pressures, which I used At Ocala to try to improve the car's launches.

Your car performed incredibly well gaining about 11 miles an hour in trap speed from its pre-upgrade turbo performance at the previous shift sector event. I am sure the owners of other exotics were incredibly frustrated that your car was kicking the crap out of them. I really thought Armik or Steven would win the event.

That trap speed was just incredible especially for 65 mm turbos.

What's specific mods and fuels does your car have?

Water meth?
NOS?
C16?
MS109?
ByDesign intercoolers?
Kline catless exhaust?
Kline headers?
IPD plenum?
IPD y pipe?
Whose custom tune on that AP?

Your car has taken 991 turbo performance to a completely different level. I never thought we would see the mid 170s at this level of mods.

Now if the tuners can only figure out how to launch these cars and get into the nines in the quarter-mile....

Also is your car short shifting like so many of ours are doing at speed events. Or has that been fixed?

Finally congrats to Cobb and Sam for a killer result.

Last edited by sdg1871; 02-28-2016 at 05:11 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:16 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Nigel my friend, I'm so happy for you... Congrats on the new record, this confirm that a Stg4 Cobb/Bydesign is a middle 170mph car (just like I said). Now I can't wait to get back to our next PR 1/2 Mile Event to see if I can do the 176mph+ run lol

Old 02-28-2016, 08:19 AM
X98boardwell is on a distinguished road
Nice Job!!! What an impressive time.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Race gas with touch of meth for cooling.

Thank you Cobb!!! The data looks so great. This is just getting better! I am so happy right now about the By Design Stage 4!
Another shout to:
Cobb
IPD
Kline Innovation
SRM
TiAL Sport

Old 02-28-2016, 09:00 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
What a accomplishment with any, car let alone a bolt on car WITH STOCK BASED turbo (just rewheeled!!)!

Your other times of 60-130 & 1/4 is really good, but what is impressive is this set up is so efficient that you keep making power through the 1/2 mile as well!

Do you have any videoed street runs against some heavy machinery ie 1000hp Ford GT or the big turboed McLaren?

Someone asked already about what fuel were you running and this is without NOS?

Based on the numbers a BOLT-ON stock framed turbo you are making 900-1000bhp!!!!

Congrats to you and your team as they have truly set the bar for ALL "bolt on" cars! I would be so frustrated if I had major mods or a super car and a stockish basic bolt on car hanged with me let alone beat me!!

Got to love the platform!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: By Design Cobb Stage IV + Shift Sector = Another 1/2 Mile World Record! 175.6 MPH