By Design/Cobb Stage 4 Vs HellCat - 991TT's taking Over Redlist 1/4 Mile Race!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 01:38 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
By Design/Cobb Stage 4 Vs HellCat - 991TT's taking Over Redlist 1/4 Mile Race!

Getting a bunch of PMs on the performance of the stage 4 beast. Here's an example of a simple stage 4 run as defined by AutoEvolution.

Some Hellcat drivers are better than others when it comes to manhandling their machines and while many imagine a tuned SRT machines guarantees that its owner knows what to do when behind the wheel, this is not true. The latest example comes from the video below, which shows a Challenger Hellcat guy ruining what could've been an attention-worthy drag race.

The blown 6.2-liter Hemi machine met a Porsche 911 Turbo S at the drag strip, with both drivers appearing eager to duke it out. While we don't know the exact mods on the cars, we can tell you both the muscle machine and the supercar had been gifted with certain aftermarket bits (expect a moderate approach here).

While, as we mentioned above, the Hellcat guy fails to show decent drag racing skills, the driver of the Neunelfer shows the opposite kind of behavior.

Despite his AWD machine not having the type of aftermarket system that allows the driver to disconnect the rear axle for the all-helpful burnout, the Porsche man is determined to bring the rear tires up to temperature before the run.

As a result, he tries to generate mini-slides by performing an aggressive launch and flicking the steering wheel from one side to the other.

While such a procedure might seem like too much for some, it all makes sense once you get to see the 911's quarter mile time in the clip. For the record, a stock 991 Turbo S like the one we have here can complete the 1,320 feet sprint in as little as 10.6 seconds.

As for a stock Dodge Challenger Hellcat, the Mopar machine can leave the 1/4-mile challenge behind in 11.2 seconds. If you happen to replace the street tires with drag radials, the time will drop to 10.8 seconds. Providing that the driver knows how to treat the machine.

Read more: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/tu...#ixzz44MuwXHYB

Old 03-31-2016, 04:56 AM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
That was a pretty poor showing by the Hellcat. It sounds like he missed the 1-2 shift coming off the line but through the rest of the race it sounds like it is an automatic? The Hellcat also gave up well short of the finish line. Strange.

- Patrick

Old 03-31-2016, 07:16 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Turbo 911 vs. a Hellcat? Lmao. Not even fair.

Can't even imagine how badly a hellcat would be beat from a dig. Even from a roll they aren't impressive they are so heavy. I put 5 cars on one at NFZ Arizona in my e92 M3 on a 40 roll.

Should compare to McLarens, Lambos , Ferraris, even GTRs at half the cost.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:06 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder

Can't even imagine how badly a hellcat would be beat from a dig. Even from a roll they aren't impressive they are so heavy. I put 5 cars on one at NFZ Arizona in my e92 M3 on a 40 roll.

Should compare to McLarens, Lambos , Ferraris, even GTRs at half the cost.
Correct. My Renntech tuned E63 S with no more than a tune and sport mufflers puts 5 lengths on a Hellcat In roll races.

I see the 991 Turbo S got a 10.37. That is in the range of my car (10.316 best). I wonder what mods it has.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:11 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Actually, I was racing myself all 12 runs I made that day. My goal was not to redlight and run 10 seconds to accumulate points. I ran low 10 secs 12x in a row. Walked away witha trophy and cash.... Pretty amazing!

The point is that the platform is starting to come around and become noticed in many different ways by the media. As more and more 991TTs attend various events many have become aware of the all around utility and dominance of the platform. There has been the misconception, based on past models, of simply being capable on the twisties and a dog on the straights. Porsche engineers put a resounding end to that notion!

Oh and don't sleep on the mighty hellcat LB! Hate to see a "posterization"! These cars are easily in the 9's buddy with upgraded driveshaft, DRs a tune and Meth or Nos.

In fact google "Drag pack" an 8 sec factory built version .

Old 03-31-2016, 08:20 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Actually, I was racing myself all 12 runs I made that day. My goal was not to redlight and run 10 seconds to accumulate points. I ran low 10 secs 12x in a row. Walked away witha trophy and cash.... Pretty amazing!

The point is that the platform is starting to come around and become noticed in many different ways by the media. As more and more 991TTs attend various events many have become aware of the all around utility and dominance of the platform. There has been the misconception, based on past models, of simply being capable on the twisties and a dog on the straights. Porsche engineers put a resounding end to that notion!

Oh and don't sleep on the mighty hellcat LB! Hate to see a "posterization"! These cars are easily in the 9's buddy with upgraded driveshaft, DRs a tune and Meth or Nos.

In fact google "Drag pack" an 8 sec factory built version .
Our cars are making so much power, especially yours, we should see 9s at some point.

Yes during Tx2K test and tune I was not racing my opponent just trying to get the best ET and trap speed and figure out what the right pressure would be in the tires to achieve that. I know our buddy webcar posted a picture of KAW's car beating mine to the line which was cool because I wasn't caring anything about the tree and only caring about the ET and trap. The tree only counts in that event for limitations which unfortunately neither of our cars qualified for because so many 8-low 9 second dedicated drag cars made it into the so-called streetcar class.

Had KAW and I actually raced in the elimination round pretty much whomever won at the light would win as my car was doing the best of 10.345 that day and her car is best was somewhere around 10.37 or 10.38.

KAW is a great driver from what I could see.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Correct. My Renntech tuned E63 S with no more than a tune and sport mufflers puts 5 lengths on a Hellcat In roll races.

I see the 991 Turbo S got a 10.37. That is in the range of my car (10.316 best). I wonder what mods it has.
The 991TT was a stage 4 on that date running consistent low 10s. Kind of like a guy saying his newly stock 10.6 best is within the range of your 10.3 runs with bolt on's.
Anyway, the 10th of a sec bickering at 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, etc. are bizarre and silly. In my mind, the magic happens in the 9's which is an elite and accomplished territory for this platform. Its a place most will never see!

Stay tuned!

Old 03-31-2016, 10:05 AM
The 991TT was a stage 4 on that date running consistent low 10s. Kind of like a guy saying his newly stock 10.6 best is within the range of your 10.3 runs with bolt on's.
Anyway, the 10th of a sec bickering at 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, etc. are bizarre and silly. In my mind, the magic happens in the 9's which is an elite and accomplished territory for this platform. Its a place most will never see!

Stay tuned!
I am looking forward to our cars hitting the 9s. Your car has enough power to do it as shown by its ShiftSector trap speed. The Boostlogic car should be capable of that as well.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:51 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
lol how badass is it that you can even say that about a 700hp car

Old 03-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cool to see these cars in more articles. Nice work Nigel representing the By Design Stage 4 too! You are man-handling that beast. Yeah it's funny the P-Car PDK's just leave everything in the dust like it's just not fair!

Old 03-31-2016, 01:23 PM
KAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond reputeKAWilson has a reputation beyond repute

Stay tuned!
I am so glad someone feels exactly the same way that I do.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:53 PM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KAWilson
Yep! The same mindset here.

Funny how some experienced racers think alike.

I see/read many threads in here regarding folk running this and that...many of them are the vendor cronies...you know who you are - comparing runs such as 10.33 vs. 10.35 tuned by this vendor or that vendor with these mods and blah blah blah...all it does is start keyboard fighting cronies. Usually, it stems from the folks. The s&%t makes me laugh.

I'm with you WhiteTT and KAWilson...my mindset is 9's or bust which is not easy to do no matter the platform. But here is my thinking/approach: I want to run 10.0's on stock P-tires, no meth, no race gas and stock turbos. Some of my local buddies think I'm crazy, but others are on board. I think it is possible with this 2016 TTS P-car.

However, I will need to choose my mods carefully...too many mods may produce great HP/TQ increases, but may be a waste if I can't hook on street tires, especially on the streets. I don't want to see myself needing to brake torque off the line (NO LC) because otherwise I will blow off the tires...tire spinning is no bueno for quick 1/8 and/or 1/4 ET's. In other words, sometimes less is more. Having more juice is great for those 1/2 mile - 1 mile events where the need to really hit out of the hole as hard as you can is not as essential. I am more of a drag racer.

I think those of you who are real drag-racers know what I mean and where I am coming from.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 03-31-2016, 05:52 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
With mods anything is possible I understand. But so far even with my slowest race car, that has maybe 600 crank HP max, it's Longboarder 1, Hellcat 0.

My run against the hellcat is somewhere in here:

Old 03-31-2016, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by KAWilson
Originally Posted by E-Gear
Yep! The same mindset here.

Funny how some experienced racers think alike.

I see/read many threads in here regarding folk running this and that...many of them are the vendor cronies...you know who you are - comparing runs such as 10.33 vs. 10.35 tuned by this vendor or that vendor with these mods and blah blah blah...all it does is start keyboard fighting cronies. Usually, it stems from the folks. The s&%t makes me laugh.

I'm with you WhiteTT and KAWilson...my mindset is 9's or bust which is not easy to do no matter the platform. But here is my thinking/approach: I want to run 10.0's on stock P-tires, no meth, no race gas and stock turbos. Some of my local buddies think I'm crazy, but others are on board. I think it is possible with this 2016 TTS P-car.

However, I will need to choose my mods carefully...too many mods may produce great HP/TQ increases, but may be a waste if I can't hook on street tires, especially on the streets. I don't want to see myself needing to brake torque off the line (NO LC) because otherwise I will blow off the tires...tire spinning is no bueno for quick 1/8 and/or 1/4 ET's. In other words, sometimes less is more. Having more juice is great for those 1/2 mile - 1 mile events where the need to really hit out of the hole as hard as you can is not as essential. I am more of a drag racer.

I think those of you who are real drag-racers know what I mean and where I am coming from.

Thanks,
E-Gear
Yes it can get a little wacky around here with "my runs were 2/10ths of a sec faster than your best run" or an all time favorite (See exhibit A above), never missing an opportunity to attach your very own you tube compilation in everyone else's thread.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:38 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: By Design/Cobb Stage 4 Vs HellCat - 991TT's taking Over Redlist 1/4 Mile Race!