6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo-172/)
-   -   I'm Back... And with a NEW 1/2 MILE WORLD RECORD!!! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo/388473-im-back-new-1-2-mile-world-record.html)

webcarconnection 04-11-2016 10:54 AM

Thanks Guys!!!

918 Spyder 04-11-2016 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by webcarconnection (Post 4500853)
Jeff my friend, thanks for your words... Hitting the track soon :)

PS when is your 1/2 mile? Just to know how much time I have with the record hilarious

End of the month my friend. I can't wait just to get the car back. I had to drive the 918 this weekend ( about 500 miles) which was nice but that turbo S is something else! I will run 200 shot of nitrous along with my new turbo, inter cooler, suspension, exhaust, fueling etc. I will leave 888's on it for the half but will go with MT's for the 1/4. Should be amazing and very fast!

Jeff

SamboTT@ByDesign 04-11-2016 04:43 PM

Num num! :D

webcarconnection 04-11-2016 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by 918 Spyder (Post 4501305)
End of the month my friend. I can't wait just to get the car back. I had to drive the 918 this weekend ( about 500 miles) which was nice but that turbo S is something else! I will run 200 shot of nitrous along with my new turbo, inter cooler, suspension, exhaust, fueling etc. I will leave 888's on it for the half but will go with MT's for the 1/4. Should be amazing and very fast!

Jeff

Sound like a plan :D

webcarconnection 04-12-2016 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Little souvenir

918 Spyder 04-12-2016 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by webcarconnection (Post 4501643)
Little souvenir

I got this on my hope chest! Maybe one of these days I can be like you!
I like the picture!

Jeff

webcarconnection 04-12-2016 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by 918 Spyder (Post 4501680)
I got this on my hope chest! Maybe one of these days I can be like you!
I like the picture!

Jeff

Lol is viceversa my friend :D

COBB Tuning 04-13-2016 08:05 AM

Thanks for having me my friend. I had a great time as always!

-Mitch

webcarconnection 04-14-2016 09:06 AM

Thank you my friend, you have "the magic fingers" for sure lol :)

LostMarine 04-15-2016 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by webcarconnection (Post 4500405)
What's up guys... BOOM! 177MPH

Thanks to

Mitch and Omar COBB Predator Performance
Sambo ByDesign

SICK!!

Any chance there is a vbox to back it up?

longboarder 04-16-2016 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by LostMarine (Post 4503254)
SICK!! Any chance there is a vbox to back it up?

Of course he does. Webcar was the guy on the 997 forum who never drove his car without the vBox powered up and SD card pushed in.

In fact he gave me grief back then when I posted 1/2 mile event mph without vBox back up and ever since mine has been on for every event.

The last 1/2 mile event when he claimed 173mph I simply asked for his vBox data and ironically got grief from the people here including webcar himself lmao. Something about the "sd card not in".

So I guarantee he didn't forget this time.

webcarconnection 04-16-2016 02:42 PM

hilarious oh Adam your so funny... Yeah I remember the good old days on the 997 section :D

SamboTT@ByDesign 04-16-2016 02:42 PM

Lost, I don't think anyone has ever had an issue with the traps from an organized event. Are you wondering if it's genuine? Because I noticed you asking our guys. Shift sector and the PR 1/2 mile good enough for most. FYI when we did see VBOX numbers in the past it was a few mph higher.

COBB Tuning 04-16-2016 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by longboarder (Post 4503639)
Of course he does. Webcar was the guy on the 997 forum who never drove his car without the vBox powered up and SD card pushed in.

In fact he gave me grief back then when I posted 1/2 mile event mph without vBox back up and ever since mine has been on for every event.

The last 1/2 mile event when he claimed 173mph I simply asked for his vBox data and ironically got grief from the people here including webcar himself lmao. Something about the "sd card not in".

Easy tiger. I was there the card he was using was not formatted correctly so we didn't get the vbox data. I would have liked to see it more than anyone I can assure you. So no vbox data from the 177 run.

-Mitch

LostMarine 04-16-2016 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by longboarder (Post 4503639)

wow, i didnt know the back story/ that it would cause a ruckus

Im just asking because Ive seen a significant decrease in backing "records" up from vbox's verifications. At the same time ive seen that it seems every event has a new World Record. As someone who knows how these timing systems work intimately, as well as being a fellow gearhead, i would like to see just how close to the 2 match up.

It would be a disservice to all of us to see that there is wide margin between the 2. We know for a fact they can be as accurate as within 1/10's of eachother when done right.

Of course, this is if 2640ft from the event match up perfectly with 2640 ft from the actual race (when vbox starts measuring). Of course, you can set the system up to read 600mph if you want, or you can move the sensors 6" and have it read just a mph (or 3) higher than a vbox.. who would question it right..?

so yes, Honestly, because im an honest man, im asking for vbox measurement from a professional standpoint, and a enthusiast standpoint.

Im not trying to discredit any one entity, just validate across the board. ANY vbox file with correlating slips would be enough in my opinion, the more the merrier. I know not everyone has a vbox and sometimes the files dont save, but surely there has to be someone