Anyone Keep Their TT/TTS Cab Outdoors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 07:10 PM
trader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud of
Anyone Keep Their TT/TTS Cab Outdoors

So, I live in Lake Tahoe. We have a coffee k-cup manufacturing company in Carson City, NV and I go in a few times a week to check on things, but I live at the lake in Tahoe. Anyways, we are about to move to a different house that is actually on the water, but no garage It is however a rental and this will only be for 1 year (1 winter season) while we find a permanent house to buy.

I have a new to me TTS Cab and love the car. I will even be putting winter tires on it and occasionally driving to Squaw and Northstar for Masters Ski race training in the Winter. Just how crazy is it to keep the car parked outside in the winter (just 1 season) as it could get a (couple/few times) a foot (or more) of snow on top of it. These are German cars and it snows in Germany

I know, its crazy but this is the only house available on the lake and being on the lake in Tahoe is amazing. Bottom line, can the Porsche Cab live outside a lot of snow?

Any and all ideas/references appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-10-2016, 05:51 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Perhaps some variation of this?

They are ugly, but temporary and effective.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:14 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
it pains me leaving my Macan Turbo outside, i have never left any of the cars in my Sig outside, that would give me another stroke

Old 06-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Wrap it and put a cover on it or a little hat like 1gunner linked. I have a Mercedes E63 wagon that lived under a "hat" for a couple months during a remodel. It's fine.

I have a full-body Xpel, and I have no doubt my car will survive the elements as well as any other well-treated Volkswagen.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
The OEM outdoor car cover does a great job of protecting from the elements and even harsh UV rays, for when it's not snowing

Let us know if we can help!

Porsche 991 Turbo Outdoor Car Cover

Old 06-11-2016, 08:36 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
I would just put the car in a car storage facility for the winter unless you plan to put winter tires on and drive it, in which case suggestions above are pretty good.

Here's the link to the outdoor garage posted above.

http://www.kingcanopy.com/content/canopy.asp

I think this is a minimum. I would be concerned about wildlife sitting on the car and scratching it.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 06-11-2016 at 08:41 AM.