Sold the Turbo, Bought a GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 06:27 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Sold the Turbo, Bought a GT3

Well,
Didn't keep her long. Didn't drive the car much. Kept longing for a GT3, got a buyer for mine quick and it sucked that the deal wasn't a trade or in the same state, have to pay taxes again but bought me a white GT3 today. Waiting on shipping. Will post details soon.
Can't wait to play with the new beast.
Had a lot of good time on this section, everyone had great things to contribute. Will keep watching guys 😁
Pic from dealer...

Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2016, 06:31 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Can't wait to hear your opinion. I am really thinking about doing this if I get a call for a .2 allocation. I can't have both and they are so different but curious how you will enjoy it after owning it for a while.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:44 PM
trader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud oftrader247 has much to be proud of
Say it isn't so......It's all good. I also was between the GT3 and a TT/S. For me (I live in Tahoe and may do some winter driving) the AWD sealed the deal on a TT/S.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the GT3. If I get one, I think it will be a Cup and strictly for the track

Old 07-21-2016, 07:49 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trader247
Say it isn't so......It's all good. I also was between the GT3 and a TT/S. For me (I live in Tahoe and may do some winter driving) the AWD sealed the deal on a TT/S.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the GT3. If I get one, I think it will be a Cup and strictly for the track
It is not my DD, and would do some spirited driving and really wanted to start tracking... I live a few minutes from COTA... a bunch of guys go there and can't wait to start playing. The one thing with the GT3 that I could not really achieve easily with the TT was breaking the rear loose! I miss that and miss the feel of a RWD car.
Will keep you guys posted, have not taken delivery yet
They are going to get it setup for shipping in the next couple of days and will get a delivery date from them.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:45 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Congrats! Decisions decisions

The GT3 is no slouch you just have to get her moving. I think because you want to start goint to the track you're getting a car that is a little more dedicated. And you will be able to play more. Plus you've enjoyed the brute force of the TT which is surprisingly great on the track but I see what you're looking for. Good luck and keep us posted! Are you gonna mod it?

Old 07-21-2016, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Congrats! Decisions decisions

The GT3 is no slouch you just have to get her moving. I think because you want to start goint to the track you're getting a car that is a little more dedicated. And you will be able to play more. Plus you've enjoyed the brute force of the TT which is surprisingly great on the track but I see what you're looking for. Good luck and keep us posted! Are you gonna mod it?
Since I have not had much experience with the GT3, a few laps on the track and some driving could give me an idea of where I want to go.
I could tell you that maybe improvement in torque couldn't hurt. Don't know a whole lot on modding those like I was involved with the TT.
If you want to send me some stuff to look at I would appreciate it.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:19 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !

I'm with you on the Cup car. I've driven a 991 gt3 on a track it's a great car of course, but I found myself wanting more power. I kept trying to put my foot thru the floor board thinking there was still more pedal but there wasn't.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:11 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Congrats love the color/spec/build on your GT3! Exactly how I would have done it.

I got a drive around The Thermal Club with James Sfronas of GMG in his modded GT3 with exhaust, upgraded steel brakes and slicks and holy crap the G-forces on braking and cornering were brutal. So much faster than a 911 Turbo could ever be and the experience from the sound was just amazing. I'm using my 997 to track and if I didn't also use it for airstrip stuff would have traded it for a GT3 long ago.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Congrats love the color/spec/build on your GT3! Exactly how I would have done it.

I got a drive around The Thermal Club with James Sfronas of GMG in his modded GT3 with exhaust, upgraded steel brakes and slicks and holy crap the G-forces on braking and cornering were brutal. So much faster than a 911 Turbo could ever be and the experience from the sound was just amazing. I'm using my 997 to track and if I didn't also use it for airstrip stuff would have traded it for a GT3 long ago.
This is exactly why I wanted it. The nature of it as a track car and the handling characteristics are a different animal from the TT/s. and a simple exhaust and other mods could transform it to a monster. I am looking forward to playing with it as is and seeing where I would like to go with it. An exhaust could be in the works as long as I don't lose that crazy awesome engine note!
Love the color and specs myself, couldn't be happier and the dealer is very accommodating and couldn't ask for a better customer service.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:56 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
It is not my DD, and would do some spirited driving and really wanted to start tracking... I live a few minutes from COTA... a bunch of guys go there and can't wait to start playing. The one thing with the GT3 that I could not really achieve easily with the TT was breaking the rear loose! I miss that and miss the feel of a RWD car.
Will keep you guys posted, have not taken delivery yet
They are going to get it setup for shipping in the next couple of days and will get a delivery date from them.
Did you take the TTS to COTA? The rear end will break loose easily if you have it tuned. Mine does anyway if I hit it hard coming out of the turns. You really have to roll on the gas carefully even with TC on which is how I run at COTA. Anyway, you will fit right in at COTA, there are tons of GT3s that run out there.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by wrs
Did you take the TTS to COTA? The rear end will break loose easily if you have it tuned. Mine does anyway if I hit it hard coming out of the turns. You really have to roll on the gas carefully even with TC on which is how I run at COTA. Anyway, you will fit right in at COTA, there are tons of GT3s that run out there.
I did not take it there.
I didn't want to have to tune a car I dropped 152k (with taxes) cash on to play with it. That's my personal philosophy.
I'll be looking forward to taking the GT3 and what you said is very encouraging. I would love to learn from other drivers who have taken theirs a few/many times and take pointers. I have been doing a lot of looking up on the GT3 and it's built for the track. I should be able to keep it stock and build my driving experience to its capabilities.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:21 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
I did not take it there.
I didn't want to have to tune a car I dropped 152k (with taxes) cash on to play with it. That's my personal philosophy.
I'll be looking forward to taking the GT3 and what you said is very encouraging. I would love to learn from other drivers who have taken theirs a few/many times and take pointers. I have been doing a lot of looking up on the GT3 and it's built for the track. I should be able to keep it stock and build my driving experience to its capabilities.
COTA is an extremely challenging and fun track to drive. I go on the edge addicts events. I didn't go in June because my niece was having her wedding here in Austin that weekend and we were busy with all that.

http://www.edgeaddicts.com/
I have a lot of COTA videos on my youtube channel, here is one from February.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:45 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Congrats! I love the heck out of my GT3. I've noticed that whenever I have the choice between it and the turbo, I go for the GT3. Makes me think about selling the turbo, which I never thought I would ever do.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Spec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by A418t81
Congrats! I love the heck out of my GT3. I've noticed that whenever I have the choice between it and the turbo, I go for the GT3. Makes me think about selling the turbo, which I never thought I would ever do.
I am thinking of selling my 997.1 turbo for a 991 gt3 as well. I got a ride in one, and it was surprisingly quick, and seems like it would be a blast to drive. My turbo is modded similarly to yours so it is a good deal quicker than the gt3, but I am really drawn to that high revving N/A motor.

My 997 is so mint though, so it is a really hard decision. I might have to take a page from your book, and get the Gt3 and keep whichever I enjoy more.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by Markblackwell
I'm with you on the Cup car. I've driven a 991 gt3 on a track it's a great car of course, but I found myself wanting more power. I kept trying to put my foot thru the floor board thinking there was still more pedal but there wasn't.
Keep in mind that Cup cars require A LOT more reqular maintenance then the GT3 street car. To be honest, if you're not going to actually compete in any kind of club racing, the street car is the better way to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sold the Turbo, Bought a GT3