Guys lowered on Techarts- Do you have this problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 07:06 PM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
Guys lowered on Techarts- Do you have this problem?

Guys- Do you have a clicking sound coming coming from the front end when you turn left or right? My setup is Techart's lowered on 21's.

GSC

Old 07-30-2016, 07:11 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Yes. My dealer said they've seen this on many.

Just have to avoid turning to lock.

I also hear the sound coming from the back and it seems to have gotten worse lately.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:17 PM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
My concern is will something pop out while driving? Took it to dealer and they really could not figure it out. Dealer is in central NJ

Old 07-30-2016, 08:41 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
I've got 21's and had them on the car for 12,000 miles no issues

Old 07-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
It's common. Nothing will pop out. It's generally binding that happens. There are covers on the right coils to reduce this. It gets worse over time. I have heard of rocks or debris in there too. You can have the coils inspected with the car in the air. Check the condition of the coils and the covers or coating. I would believe it's worse out east.

Old 07-31-2016, 06:54 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I have them, with much wider than stock fronts and rears - but no noise...

Old 08-01-2016, 10:41 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I get the cracking sound on slow speed lock turns when leaving my sloped driveway. Have ever since I had the springs installed. My wheels and tires are stock.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
The tires just rub a little on the inner wheel well liner when you turn lock to luck
I am lowered and am running 265 on stock front tires..

Old 08-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
The problem is the sway bar end links. Now that the car is lowered the end links are the wrong length and that needs to be changed.

To quickly identify that is the problem you can disconnect the end links and the noise should go away. To leave your sway bars connected and fix the problem you are going to need to install an adjustable sway bar end link so that will allow you to set the links at the correct length.

Tarret can make you a set of end links that are adjustable to fix the problem.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:34 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
I am only on 20's but nothing here. Been great.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:53 AM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Only when very slow speed full-lock turns. Feels to me like the tires scrubbing / skipping across pavement. I've since stopped full-turns at very slow speed, such as pulling in garage, and no more issues. I'll pull forward, back-up in opposite direction and the go forward again.