My 991 TTS Champion Turbo Upgrade Thread -- RedGutz Gets 68mm VTGs

Old 07-11-2017, 07:57 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cliffd
I know you did a number of mods at once but did you do the IPD plenum and high flow pipes. and if you did, can you notice a discernible difference? i cannot find any data other than the non-turbos that can give me data. Thanks
I had the IPD Plenum but removed it and went back to stock after after an identically modded car showed power gains by removing the IPD plenum and going back to stock. This was with a GIAC tune so I make no representations about the Cobb tune and the IDD Plenum. So I am running a stock Plenum

I tried aftermarket headers but the Dyno testing on my car revealed power loss from stock and no matter how we tried to tune the car we could not get any gains but only a loss. So I am running stock headers.

I am also running a stock y pipe. The Dyno testing of a car with identical mods to mine using aftermarket Y pipe did not reveal sufficient gains to justify the expense.

The only modifications I could do short of building the transmission and upgrading the clutch packs that would get me significant power gains is meth injection or nitrous. I have no interest in doing either.

Last edited by sdg1871; 07-11-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:34 AM
cliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant future
thanks, big help.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:32 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cliffd
thanks, big help.
Some of these things may very well work great with other tunes. I make no representations in that regard. I'm just explaining to you my own personal thought process with my particular set of tune and mods and why my car has certain mods and why it does not have others.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sdg1871
I had the IPD Plenum but removed it and went back to stock after after an identically modded car showed power gains by removing the IPD plenum and going back to stock. This was with a GIAC tune so I make no representations about the Cobb tune and the IDD Plenum. So I am running a stock Plenum

I tried aftermarket headers but the Dyno testing on my car revealed power loss from stock and no matter how we tried to tune the car we could not get any gains but only a loss. So I am running stock headers.

I am also running a stock y pipe. The Dyno testing of a car with identical mods to mine using aftermarket Y pipe did not reveal sufficient gains to justify the expense.

The only modifications I could do short of building the transmission and upgrading the clutch packs that would get me significant power gains is meth injection or nitrous. I have no interest in doing either.
Hi,

Whats the brand on the headers?

Manuel

Old 07-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Hi,

Whats the brand on the headers?

Manuel
FVD. There is a thread on it with much more details.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Noted.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.