Those Turbos are costing me big time

Old 11-23-2016, 05:59 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Those Turbos are costing me big time

She drove the California and was non-plussed. She saw a 718 Boxster in Miami Blue and liked it but I thought she would like the Cali T. So we went to the Ferrari place and she drove it but failed to be whelmed. Instead, I end up buying this. I am still getting pushback on the Fcar. This is costing me at least as much as the turbos including labor. Of course it was purchased at Needless Markup.

I cannot believe the way this purse stuff works and I am told you can spend 10 times what this purse cost, JHC. Now I know guys do watches but I am not a watch guy. I am getting zilch out of this other than some smiles, still cranky about discussing the F car. The card has a serial number on the back and the purse has the serial number with a hologram. The card is going in the safe deposit box, the purse gets carried around and the owner gets to look like a purse connoisseur. Between jewelry, Cayenne and purses my wife has a 488GTB and I have a slow 991tts..........

Attached Images    

Last edited by wrs; 11-23-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Christopher Teane is on a distinguished road
Ha just steer clear of Hermes. My girl just got her third birkin this year fortunately bought from the store not secondhand, but i also just picked up a new 991.2 TTS to compliment my 991.1 GT3RS so i'm still ahead for now....

Old 11-23-2016, 10:34 PM
luv2sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahhhh, Coco Chanel.... My wife loves Chanel purses. Let's just say that she has more than one. Funny that this subject came up. I told wife that I need to save for a TT/TTS and that she may not get her "annual offering" this year-oh the look that I got...only if looks can kill. Yeah, keep her away from the Hermes store!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 11-23-2016 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:08 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
I don't know what Hermes is but surely they will put one in the Domain. She has about 5 Louies including a phone case and wallet. I bought her a nice set of Paloma Picasso last year for her birthday, I can get into gold or sapphires or diamonds or rubies but purses? Not so much...............

OK, looked up birkin, yep 10x on the top end, I should feel lucky there isn't a Hermes store around. Course there are more expensive Chanel purses but this is the classic so I approved of it. I would have rather bought something at Tiffany though.

Last edited by wrs; 11-24-2016 at 05:12 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:38 AM
luv2sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, thousands for a piece of leather...I'll never get it but that's what they like. I thank God she's not into cars.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:54 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
Between jewelry, Cayenne and purses my wife has a 488GTB and I have a slow 991tts..........
OMG that is so funny. I am sure you will get your Fcar soon enough.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:29 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wrs
I don't know what Hermes is but surely they will put one in the Domain. She has about 5 Louies including a phone case and wallet. I bought her a nice set of Paloma Picasso last year for her birthday, I can get into gold or sapphires or diamonds or rubies but purses? Not so much...............

OK, looked up birkin, yep 10x on the top end, I should feel lucky there isn't a Hermes store around. Course there are more expensive Chanel purses but this is the classic so I approved of it. I would have rather bought something at Tiffany though.
Retention value of the Chanel handbags is much better than anything from Tiffany's.

Hermes Birkin is like a special Ferrari. If you are lucky enough to get one you should get it because they can be sold at a profit.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:30 PM
wrs
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Retention value of the Chanel handbags is much better than anything from Tiffany's.
Thanks for that, I kind of had suspected that. Jewelry has lot's of markup but I really thought the Paloma Picasso gold collection was attractive and she loved it. I like gold.

Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Hermes Birkin is like a special Ferrari. If you are lucky enough to get one you should get it because they can be sold at a profit.
Well I may put the Ferrari on hold. We spent the day in Port A yesterday, condo shopping. It looks like we found what we wanted on the bay side of 361 that is lock and leave with bulleproof glass (actually impact proof). No boarding up required. It has two deeded slips, a 30' and 60' so it looks like we are both in agreement on Condo and Power Boat. She wants the boat and has actually been bugging me about one for the lake the last year or so. We used to have one but the lakes are so small it's just not worth it. I have a house on Galveston Bay that really is only used by my sister but we grew up there in the summers and I am a day sailor as well as a good small boat driver. So it depends on how things go with the land sales but the condo is first, we have agreed on two and will go with the best deal. With the boat I might start small, like 25-27ft and then go for the 40ft later. Anyway, the Ferrari can wait. I am in for partying and boating. The weather was incredible and it's a 3.5 hour drive down there from my house. We have been going to Port A in the summers for years.

http://search.portaransasrealestate....ry/b203/242877

Old 11-27-2016, 12:54 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I've been looking for the perfect way to package these performance parts with purses, heals, jewelry and other wife pleasing paraphernalia to make things easier on guys. Been there myself and it can hurt. But, not as much as, well, Happy wife...Happy life! I will get back to you on this

Old 11-27-2016, 09:40 AM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
I've been looking for the perfect way to package these performance parts with purses, heals, jewelry and other wife pleasing paraphernalia to make things easier on guys. Been there myself and it can hurt. But, not as much as, well, Happy wife...Happy life! I will get back to you on this
Stage 4 kit, HREs, and a Birkin bag - don't ask the price, you'll both be happy with it!!

Last edited by _ace_; 11-27-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Haha that's how you avoid ants in the household

Old 12-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
It could be worse.

Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
LOL Craig!

We may need to add a therapy or flower delivery option to the package!

Old 12-01-2016, 10:51 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
It could be worse.
http://www.latimes.com/fashion/allth...729-story.html

Fortunately for me, my wife didn't like the look of them and if you read the article, they might lose a bit of cachet plus the fact that you could be at physical risk from PETA nuts if you carry it around outside. It's now a closet queen, not in the old unPC sense but in the way a car can be a garage queen.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:45 PM
Hawkeye911 is on a distinguished road
Ha, this thread is classic! (But so true!)

Just ordered a 2017 TTS Cab - build date Jan 20.

My wife made away with a "trophy wife" ring... new 4.0c ring that is equal to a nicely equipped 911S Cab (I suppose in this case, I still came out ahead!).

Well worth it, this is a milestone vehicle that's been on my bucket list for a long time. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas at the moment, days will feel like months until it arrives in March.

Please keep the great threads, stories and pics coming so I can continue to live vicariously in the interim!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.