GIAC 991.2 Turbo S Software Now Available! - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

991 Turbo
Sponsored by: Champion Porsche

GIAC 991.2 Turbo S Software Now Available!

Old 01-27-2017, 02:21 PM
Basic Sponsor

Connie@GIAC is on a distinguished road
GIAC 991.2 Turbo S Software Now Available!

GIAC stage 1 performance calibration is now available for the 2016+ 991.2 Turbo S!

GIAC is proud to release GIAC engine performance software for the 991.2 Turbo S. This calibration delivers peak to peak gains of 50 - 60 horsepower and 40 - 50 torque. The program offers smooth part throttle driving and gear transitions, but a substantial increase in power at full load.

Software features include:

- Added boost
- Changes to fuel and timing
- Higher torque limits

GIAC is the first tuner in the world to offer 991.2 Turbo S engine software calibrations.

Performance gains displayed in the dyno plot shown here were achieved with the GIAC software upgrade only using 93 octane. Additional power increases may be observed with additional performance hardware and/or higher octane fuel. Thank you, Champion Motorsport, for your support during product development and testing.

For pricing or sales information, please contact [email protected] or find your nearest GIAC retail location at here: GIAC Dealer Map.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-30-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:37 PM
Platinum Dealer

Tom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond reputeTom@Champion has a reputation beyond repute
Always a pleasure working with GIAC bringing the best products to market!

I can say first hand, this software is AMAZING!!
Old 01-27-2017, 03:59 PM

Markblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeMarkblackwell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Always a pleasure working with GIAC bringing the best products to market!

I can say first hand, this software is AMAZING!!
And the race is on Congrats to Champion and Giac cant wait to see how these cars run with a tune.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:40 PM

longboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markblackwell View Post
And the race is on Congrats to Champion and Giac cant wait to see how these cars run with a tune.

Looks like it made about the same power as my GIAC tune-only 991.1 (on GIAC's mustang dyno) but I had to use race mode with a mix of pump+e85 to get it to that power level. In that configuration I did low 160's at Shift Sector and my only try doing a 60-130 pass was 6.65 seconds. So looks like a GIAC tune only 991.2 on pump gas will be just as fast, maybe even faster.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:06 PM

gmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant future
Any data from the strip or vbox stock vs tuned ??
Thanks
G
Old 01-27-2017, 09:31 PM

sdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond reputesdg1871 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
GIAC stage 1 performance calibration is now available for the 2016+ 991.2 Turbo S!

GIAC is proud to release GIAC engine performance software for the 991.2 Turbo S. This calibration delivers peak to peak gains of 50 - 60 horsepower and 40 - 50 torque. The program offers smooth part throttle driving and gear transitions, but a substantial increase in power at full load.

Software features include:

- Added boost
- Changes to fuel and timing
- Higher torque limits

GIAC is the first tuner in the world to offer 991.2 Turbo engine software calibrations.

Performance gains displayed in the dyno plot shown here were achieved with the GIAC software upgrade only. Additional power increases may be observed with additional performance hardware and/or higher octane fuel. Thank you, Champion Motorsport, for your support during product development and testing.

For pricing or sales information, please contact [email protected] or find your nearest GIAC retail location at here: GIAC Dealer Map.

Fantastic! Congrats!
Old 01-27-2017, 10:11 PM

_ace_ is a name known to all_ace_ is a name known to all_ace_ is a name known to all_ace_ is a name known to all_ace_ is a name known to all_ace_ is a name known to all
Congratulations!
Old 01-28-2017, 11:38 AM

longboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond reputelongboarder has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003
Any data from the strip or vbox stock vs tuned ??
Thanks
G
We were hoping you would do that for us
Old 01-28-2017, 01:17 PM

Oscar8 is on a distinguished road
Do I wait for Cobb Accessport?

Do you think it's worth waiting for the Cobb Accessport or just go with the GIAC tune? I'm really looking forward to increasing my performance in my brand new 991.2 Turbo!
Old 01-28-2017, 04:05 PM

gmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by longboarder View Post
We were hoping you would do that for us
Lmao , you know I'll post data when I do ,
Old 01-28-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar8
Do you think it's worth waiting for the Cobb Accessport or just go with the GIAC tune? I'm really looking forward to increasing my performance in my brand new 991.2 Turbo!
Depends what you want in a tune. GIAC has been a leader in Porsche Turbo tuning for decades. Being the first to successfully crack the new ECUs for many Porsche cars with a flash tune is a key asset of GIAC. Another asset is the uncompromised combination of power, reliability and OEM drivability. If you buy through the Champion network from what I understand you receive an umbrella warranty on top of your Porsche factory warranty. No other aftermarket tuning company for the 911 does this.

If the 991.1 tells us anything about the 991.2, then this tune is amazing. If you weren't here a year ago, I had GIAC install a tune on my otherwise bone stock 991.1 TTS with 800 miles on it. Next day I did a 6.65 verified 60-130 on a relatively flat slope. Fastest tune-only 991.1 and it was accomplished simply doing one 60-130 run. A few weeks later I took the car to Shift Sector (half mile event) and lined it up with (at the time) fastest 991 in SoCal for a half mile drag race from a standing start. The car was a PP piggy tuned car with catless exhaust, IPD, intercoolers etc that was beating all the other modified 991's at airstrip events. With 100 pounds more passenger weight, I ran neck and neck with this car for the half mile with him inching me out barely at the finish.

So if you want to wait sure, but why not have the fastest 991.2 out there with zero worries about reliability or drivability?
Old 01-28-2017, 05:40 PM

Goin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond reputeGoin2drt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar8 View Post
Oh boy where is my popcorn.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:55 PM

Jeff Kay is a name known to allJeff Kay is a name known to allJeff Kay is a name known to allJeff Kay is a name known to allJeff Kay is a name known to allJeff Kay is a name known to all
lol, NO Champion Porsche does not offer any umbrella warranty. Actually I took my 2nd 991.1 turbo S in for service after changing out my plenum and exhaust and with the stage 2 tune and the dealer turned me away

thank god Tom from Motorsport division took care of me.

Even though they are owned by same they operate independently as I have experienced.

my 2 cents
Old 01-28-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
lol, NO Champion Porsche does not offer any umbrella warranty. Actually I took my 2nd 991.1 turbo S in for service after changing out my plenum and exhaust and with the stage 2 tune and the dealer turned me away

thank god Tom from Motorsport division took care of me.

Even though they are owned by same they operate independently as I have experienced.

my 2 cents
I think you don't understand. The warranty is provided by Champion's Motorsport division when you buy the tune through them. Not Champion Porsche. I never said Champion Porsche in my post.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:35 AM

Tony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of light
Was the above dyno run on 91 or 93 octane?

Tags
991.2 turbo s, champion motorsport, giac, giac tuning