Sad to go...but....

Old 04-05-2017, 04:22 PM
wassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of light
How about a ride/drivability comparison? I get that to Porsche can easily be used as a DD. How about the Mac? Or a Ferrari for that matter? Any experience with Aston Martin?

Old 04-06-2017, 05:31 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wassy
How about a ride/drivability comparison? I get that to Porsche can easily be used as a DD. How about the Mac? Or a Ferrari for that matter? Any experience with Aston Martin?
You can daily drive all three.

Mac drives very well on imperfect roads, you can see out well, storage is decent. However, takes effort to get in and out of the car because of the carbon tub.

Huracan drives like an Audi sedan when you want it to be, the drivetrain is quiet and smooth. However In My setup the car rides choppy on bad roads because I don't have mag suspension. Visibility is not great and storage is very limited.

911 is obviously the most daily driveable car of the three.

I don't own a Ferrari but have driven the 458/488. Very DD'able as well.

I can't think of an entry level /mid level super car that is not daily driveable these days.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:33 PM
wassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of light
thank you so very much!

Old 04-13-2017, 07:45 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Just look at that Huracan!!

Old 04-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Bluntly put the 650S drives more "special" everyday. It sounds better, its more explosive (other than out of the hole) and MUCH more fun to drive than the TTS. The Mac feels 30% faster to me. Here on Amazing Florida roads the car is just a BLAST to drive and enjoy. I use the Hardtop convertible everytime i drive it. I could NEVER have owned this car up in Michigan.
The PTTS to me after 16 years of owning them consistently is a GT rocket that is undeniably the best at what it is intended to do. AWD, Launch control (0-60) times, reliability, audio, and its pretty inside and outside.
We all know the value of these and the rate at which they basically depreciate in value. The fit and finish and quality is tops IMO

They are just 2 different cars altogether. There is no denying that the mclaren Is just a pure monster. No, its not a Tesla or TTS with the immediate traction to post the 0-60 numbers. It also makes me thing twice more often then the P to take out when its raining and to put more miles on it for depreciation. It does make me think more often to rack up miles and how much $ im losing.
But it does bring a smile to my face Much more so and is SO much more rewarding as a drivers car. To ME the P car has to be nailed out of the hole or just under full throttle to reward the driver. The Mac feels fun running at 30 ...
the 8500 redline and the V8TT to me offers a lot of what the gt3 offers in a high reving car and the turbo for boost.
The mac feels more "old" school and simple frin the inside. No games or gimicks. Kind of reminds me of driving my dads old sports car-- if that makes sense. Yes i can see how people would feel its dated. It's true but at the same time it feels Right. I am NOT a fan of what feels like "candy" land of the Lambo interiors. I like the Huracan but from the back it is just plain ugly. I DO like the picture above of the Lambo reminds me of when i used to rollerskate back in the early 80's with the hugger wheels. cool
anyhow sorry for the run on and not sure if i got my points across. Im smitten about the Mac. Concerned about the depreciation as for me its unexplored territory and for the last 2k miles it has gone without issue. No lights, and not a single issue. I am lucky i got FULL manufacture warranty as im not certain as its unexplored territory.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:24 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
After another week and another 500 miles, I agree with what you've said 💯. Im liking the car more and more, there is a lot of "depth" and potential in this car.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Thank you Jeff Kay! I'm actively looking to order an '18 TTS but will "settle" for a great deal on a 17 along with my trade. And....that's where the problem is. They are still commanding just a 3-5% discount with '18's just a couple months out. Good luck to me! Lol

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.