Review - Kline Inconel 2015 991TT Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 03:23 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Review - Kline Inconel 2015 991TT Cab

Time for another review.

A little history lesson. If you don't like history drop down to the review portion. This is my third and final exhaust to try on my car.

The first two.
1. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...015-991tt.html
2. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...m-exhaust.html

Sam was the first person I called based on this forum when I first bought my car. He was amazing and filled my brain with all sorts of facts. When I started out these were my needs (from the first review)

Background and needs - First and foremost I shopped around a long time. I spent lots of time on the forums getting what research done I could. Listened to lots of thoughts and feedback from many. The first thing I will share is what my needs were and what I was looking for.
  1. Good looking quad tips. I can't stand the stock chrome tips and I needed good looking replacements.
  2. Sound change. In "wife mode" I needed it to sound as close to stock as possible so that when out for a fun drive with the top down and radio on we could still carry on a conversation. When in Sport or Sport Plus it needed to sound like a real sports car of its caliber.
  3. Performance - certainly some performance gains and the ability to keep adding on and upgrading compatibility. Weight savings as well. This really become a non-issue as I felt all claimed some HP increase and varying data.
  4. Affordability - it had to be somewhat (relative) affordable as this was really a looks and sound play for me.

Well I didn't go with Kline at the time. Main reason was the tips. I really wanted aftermarket tips. Funny thing is Sam stayed in touch. We talked throughout my journey. Always wishing me the best, answering questions and helping out when he could. I didn't even spend a dollar with him.

Fast forward a few years and two exhaust systems. After going back to stock and driving the car for a while it was time to jump back in. One priority changed throughout this whole journey. I realized how much I liked the stock tips. It wasn't the tips I didn't like it was the chrome. I had the stock tips powder coated by my good friend Mel at McKenna and really enjoyed the look. Now that it was time to jump in the one thing stopping me was no longer a barrier. So I rang Sam. A couple weeks later here we are. I bought this exhaust from him.

http://www.kline-innovation.com/exha...1-2/991-turbo/

In the car went to my trusted and favorite service manager Mel at McKenna (dealer only for me as I won't share the horror stories publicly of other places touching my car) after a few hours it was out of surgery.

Now on to the review

This is going to be it. Sorry for no install pics as I was not present but you can see a few finished photos.

Why you say.

Fit and finish
  1. Amazing quality
  2. Installer stated one of the easiest to do
  3. Everything goes together perfect with the stock tips.
The sound - really the main reason for me
  1. It is perfect. At start up it is a little louder than stock
  2. In "wife" mode you can barely tell the difference. Maybe on decel it has a little louder burbles.
  3. Sport/+ mode holy nuts it is perfect. It is mellow at low RPM's, nice grunt. At 3,500 it starts sounding more like a GT3 or other NA exotic and at WOT it is just a beast.
  4. On decel in Sport/+ it is a great sound as well. You start to get a few pops and higher pitch burbles, really sounds good but not obnoxious.

Performance - I did the catless version
  1. Low end snappyness (nice make up word) is very exhanced.
  2. Mid range seems to not have any lag when getting into the boost
  3. High RPM's it is just hell on wheels.

All this is done on a basic tune to remove the CEL. I do not know if I would get them but assume I would as no cats so we tuned them out. I do have a more aggressive tune to try but this is about the exhaust.

All I can say is FOR ME this is the right exhaust marriage. Finally becoming a customer of Sam has been a journey and I highly recommend anyone that wants to deal with such a professional with by far, guaranteed 100% the best customer service and reaction time of returning calls, Sam is the man. Hope you enjoy the review.
Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  193.8 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	exhaust.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	472619

Click image for larger version

Name:	tip.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	508.2 KB
ID:	472620

Old 03-25-2017, 09:24 AM
Td33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud of
Great write up. Love my Kline system and working with Sam has been nothing but the best.

Enjoy!

Old 03-27-2017, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Thanks for that awesome review T! It was my pleasure to help out anyway I could and I'm honestly just really happy and honored that we were able to get you to the place you're happy with a By Design/Kline system. Mel was ready for anything but I was also very pleased to hear his praise on the system as a whole plus make another new friend! Let me know how the two Maps feel and if you need anything.

Thanks B!

Old 03-28-2017, 11:33 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Question for OP and Sam - can one assume that if the stock cats had been retained that the achieved sound and tone would be entirely different and perhaps not so loved? Still struggling on whether to make a change on my 2017 Turbo.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi tssci,

Stock cats are restrictive so aside from just hp and such, they also effect exhaust flow and tone. You can make the car loud but the tone is effected by the system as a whole. I would be glad to offer you some options to try and make sure you are happy 100%. We have HJS Motorsports 100cel cats with which you will have no cel and you get the best of both worlds. Delete pipes can be interchanged as you wish. Only one way to find out and will gladly extend you the chance to try it risk free. If you would like to give me a call I can go over several details and help you get a good understanding of it as well as all of your options.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
You're welcome to PM me if you'd like, but in both previous reviews you were very positive about the exhausts. I have a Kline already, and I'm done and sold (though like you, I think it sounds really good with the cats off, but I'm unwilling to drive it like that). I also have the equal length manifolds, which it sounds like you do not. What did you like more about this exhaust than the last two (esp. the Akra)?

Old 03-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tssci
Question for OP and Sam - can one assume that if the stock cats had been retained that the achieved sound and tone would be entirely different and perhaps not so loved? Still struggling on whether to make a change on my 2017 Turbo.
I run the HJC 100-cell cats with my Kline "Loud", and it is as Sam says; the best of both worlds. Functional cats (no CEL light) and better sound.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:57 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hi tssci,

Stock cats are restrictive so aside from just hp and such, they also effect exhaust flow and tone. You can make the car loud but the tone is effected by the system as a whole. I would be glad to offer you some options to try and make sure you are happy 100%. We have HJS Motorsports 100cel cats with which you will have no cel and you get the best of both worlds. Delete pipes can be interchanged as you wish. Only one way to find out and will gladly extend you the chance to try it risk free. If you would like to give me a call I can go over several details and help you get a good understanding of it as well as all of your options.
Hi Sam,

I would like to leave the stock cats as well. What would be best way to go about getting myself a Kline exhaust?

Old 03-29-2017, 12:12 AM
Former Vendor
One of the things I love about Kline is that as they grow it's still personal and we can acomodate special requests. Give me a call tomorrow and we can go over the details!

Old 03-29-2017, 06:23 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I'm thinking about this too. I have no problem going to a less restrictive cat than stock, as long as I can still pass smog inspection every couple of years. Any feedback on this?

Old 03-29-2017, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor
That's the best option to get it all. We apply HJS 200 or the Motorsport 100cel cats both no cel and both for the 991.1 as well as 991.2! Decat pipes are still interchangeable in the modular design in about 1 hour.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hi tssci,

Sam - thank you for your reply and the most generous offer. I am still unwrapping the Turbo (delivery stickers and wrappings still here and there as I like to unwrap my presents slowly!) and virtually no miles yet. Consumed with finishing up the restoration of a 1970 911-S. I'll certainly reach out to you when it is time. Thank you!

Old 03-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor
Sounds like fun! Enjoy and anytime!

Old 04-15-2017, 05:42 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
So we just got back from a 2,500 road trip. The exhaust and tune are just perfect. It was the first time the wife road with the new exhaust. We were in "wife mode" for the start of the trip. She had no idea there was a new exhaust on. Then when we filled up she was putting my gas/mileage etc info in my little journal. That's when she saw my entry for the exhaust install. So she asked if I got a new one, answered yes. She said she didn't even notice but saw in the book.

Then it was time to show her the jerkyl and hyde sound. Popped in into sport + and off we went. Needless to say it totally passed the wife test.

I couldn't be happier. Highly recommended.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
So glad you landed on the perfect system bud! Thank you for the review and follow up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.