New member please help with opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 06:08 PM
nunii is an unknown quantity at this point
New member please help with opinion

About to trade in a 2016 ctsv and a 2016 Z06 for a used 2016 911 turbo s!
Just wondering if I'm getting a decent deal the original sticker is 195k the car is at a McLaren dealership in pa.
the car has 18500 miles and is going for 151k
Originally they offered me 63k for the ctsv and 66.5 for the Z06 I told them I need at least 70k for both and they agreed very quickly inturn made me wonder why?
Regardless of the trade is this too high considering the mileage, and maybe someone can run the VIN for me?

Thanks!!!

​​​

Old 04-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
I would say you can probably squeeze another $7-5k out of the dealer.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:44 AM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
Only you know how much you can afford to spend. Not knowing all the particulars I can say with a fair degree of confidence that you will do much better selling your cars and buying another from an individual as opposed to a dealer. However, if you put a high value on your time it may be worth it to you to do a quick and easy with this dealer. And if you plan on owning a Mac down the road it may be a good investment in a relationship with this dealer.

That's a lot of miles for an almost new car. It must have been a daily. I'm really **** about paint and would be checking it very carefully for rock chips, curb rash etc... Someone that puts that many miles on a car in a year without marring it knows how to take care of it and park it and that would be a very good sign for me.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:13 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
A car with that mileage will almost certainly have small rock chips on the nose and the rear fenders. That's not necessarily a bad thing; cars are meant to be driven! That mileage seems relatively high for a 2016 Porsche, but I wouldn't worry about it. I would ask the dealership to do the 20,000 mile service before buying the car (or send it to the local Porsche dealer to have it done).

You can get a one-time or limited subscription to Carfax to run a VIN.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:17 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
If appears you are in the ballpark. If you love the car, just do it. People will beat the dead horse on values and stories all the while it gets sold from out under you. The values appear close. Give it one last go and see if they will bend any more but at the end of the day if you like the car, buy it.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
If appears you are in the ballpark. If you love the car, just do it. People will beat the dead horse on values and stories all the while it gets sold from out under you. The values appear close. Give it one last go and see if they will bend any more but at the end of the day if you like the car, buy it.
Well spoken & agreed!

Old 05-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nunii
About to trade in a 2016 ctsv and a 2016 Z06 for a used 2016 911 turbo s!
Just wondering if I'm getting a decent deal the original sticker is 195k the car is at a McLaren dealership in pa.
the car has 18500 miles and is going for 151k
Originally they offered me 63k for the ctsv and 66.5 for the Z06 I told them I need at least 70k for both and they agreed very quickly inturn made me wonder why?
Regardless of the trade is this too high considering the mileage, and maybe someone can run the VIN for me?

Thanks!!!

​​​
Might mention just buying a car is a hard enough job but in your case you are engaging in 3 transactions: selling (trading in) 2 cars and buying a car.

Probably too late now but my advice to you would have been visit the used car pricing sites and plug in the numbers for the cars involved and get their trade-in/wholesale values.

Then look at what you are being offered for your trade-ins vs. what the price of the car you are buying is above its trade in value.

Generally if a dealer agrees to a bump in trade in allowance he's making it back on the mark up of the car he's selling.

Old 05-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Oscar8 is on a distinguished road
Here is a link to a website that will decode any Porsche VIN for you in terms of build options
https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Porsche

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.