991 turbo s 2014 FUEL system upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 11:09 PM
spi750kz will become famous soon enough
991 turbo s 2014 FUEL system upgrade

Hi guys,

I am using boostlogic turbos now
planning to upgrade fuel system and strength of the engine(pistons, connecting rods)
anybody had this experience before?
which tuning companies should i pick?
any recomendations are appreciated
thank you

regards

Last edited by spi750kz; 06-29-2017 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:03 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
So do you have any dyno and / or VBox performance figures for your car? Not another BL car but yours?

Before you take the next steps which is very expensive, you might want to try to see if you can abstract a lot more power and performance from what you already have. It might be enough for you. No offense to BL but they are not known as one of the best tuners on this platform. Maybe they are getting better I just don't hear much about them.

I could be wrong but I understand BL uses the AP to tune which gives you flexibility for other AP tuners to provide diagnostics and a perhaps a much better custom tune. There are two great options you have: Emre (ES Motors) and Sam ByDesign. Both are vendors here and have great service.

Best of luck.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
So do you have any dyno and / or VBox performance figures for your car? Not another BL car but yours?

Before you take the next steps which is very expensive, you might want to try to see if you can abstract a lot more power and performance from what you already have. It might be enough for you. No offense to BL but they are not known as one of the best tuners on this platform. Maybe they are getting better I just don't hear much about them.

I could be wrong but I understand BL uses the AP to tune which gives you flexibility for other AP tuners to provide diagnostics and a perhaps a much better custom tune. There are two great options you have: Emre (ES Motors) and Sam ByDesign. Both are vendors here and have great service.

Best of luck.
Hi
yes i have vbox results))
I tuned before 997 till stage 4 from switzer performance innovation
looking for the picture from my iphone will submit it later
0-100km/h 2.5-2.6 sec
100-200km/h 5.5-5.6 sec
the turbos are used only 40% due to the stock fuel system limits
the ECU tune is custom by GT performance

so basically i need to know who is doing the tunning fuel system
thank you)))

Old 06-30-2017, 12:43 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spi750kz
Hi
yes i have vbox results))
I tuned before 997 till stage 4 from switzer performance innovation
looking for the picture from my iphone will submit it later
0-100km/h 2.5-2.6 sec
100-200km/h 5.5-5.6 sec
the turbos are used only 40% due to the stock fuel system limits
the ECU tune is custom by GT performance

so basically i need to know who is doing the tunning fuel system
thank you)))

If you are at 5.5 - 5.6 seconds on the 100-200 kph you have a lot more power to go before you hit the limit of the fuel system. With better tuning you should be in the high 4's.

Do you have meth? If not, a good tune + meth on an upgraded turbo 991 can get you as low as mid-4's on the stock fuel system.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
If you are at 5.5 - 5.6 seconds on the 100-200 kph you have a lot more power to go before you hit the limit of the fuel system. With better tuning you should be in the high 4's.

I think this is a bit not correct (may be you mean 991.2 turbo s; mine is 991.1)

Do you have meth? If not, a good tune + meth on an upgraded turbo 991 can get you as low as mid-4's on the stock fuel system.
Methanol is prohibited here; so only option is upgrade fuel system

thank you
regards

Old 07-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by spi750kz
Methanol is prohibited here; so only option is upgrade fuel system

thank you
regards
To answer your first question, there are FBO upgraded turbo (stage 4) 991.1 cars no meth in the 4's from what I remember.

In fact a while ago I experimented with a completely stock 991.1 Turbo S. It had two mods: GIAC tune and 68mm turbos - everything else bone stock - I did 5.2 seconds 100-200kph flat slope vbox on race gas. I am highly confident it would have been in the 4's with coolers and exhaust since my EGTs from the stock exhaust and cats was over 1,000 deg F and my intake temps were also high.

That's a bummer about methanol but there are other options like alcohol injection that may accomplish the same thing as methanol. These kits are far easier than a fuel system for these cars.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
It seems that 991.2 TT runs 200 Bar fuel pressure vs. 140 for the 991.1TT, maybe someone can confirm.

The new 991.2 larger turbos, cold and hot side, help also with the temps, the 68mm upgrade on the 991.1 will inevitably run hot at high boost levels given the hot side size limitation, Longboarder is right, you need to use race fuel to keep things cool.

I suspect the same larger 991.2 turbos are being used on the new 991 GT2RS with 700 FWHP and the factory is using water spray on the coolers at those levels to keep temps in check.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:43 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Upgrading the fuel system is very tricky from what I remember , it's direct injection and I think new manifolds have to made . Es motor is the only one doing these correctly to my knowledge

Old 07-08-2017, 09:47 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Here's es motor reply
Thank you very much Adam, hopefully we will have good videos of this car as well

Thank you!

Yes, of course. We can have 8 different ecu maps, they are FULLY customizable.
Different boost, different ignition timing, different fueling etc...
So it is very flexible in terms of tuning.

Yes, it is DFI engine. We have built a complete new intake manifold, with additional fuel system including
New rails, x6 extra injectors, fuel pres. regulator, new lines, new pumps etc..

Transmission is holding fine at the moment (knock on the wood ,
the best results we got was 200mph in 1/2 mile (from a standing start), we havent pushed it more yet.
We are exploring a new area that no one has ever been, so we will see by the time goes

Old 07-09-2017, 04:14 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Here's es motor reply
Thank you very much Adam, hopefully we will have good videos of this car as well

Thank you!

Yes, of course. We can have 8 different ecu maps, they are FULLY customizable.
Different boost, different ignition timing, different fueling etc...
So it is very flexible in terms of tuning.

Yes, it is DFI engine. We have built a complete new intake manifold, with additional fuel system including
New rails, x6 extra injectors, fuel pres. regulator, new lines, new pumps etc..

Transmission is holding fine at the moment (knock on the wood ,
the best results we got was 200mph in 1/2 mile (from a standing start), we havent pushed it more yet.
We are exploring a new area that no one has ever been, so we will see by the time goes
That is what I thought. You cannot reach the power levels ESMotor is running without supplemental fueling. Not a lot of proven options for supplemental fueling for our cars right now.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:03 AM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
I really wish the tuners would get a move on for the 991.2 ... right now there's a GIAC and a Cobb program, both of which need an exhaust upgrade to make any power. Seems like they are approaching the car very slowly and cautiously, which may be a good thing, I suppose.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:36 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by solipsistik
I really wish the tuners would get a move on for the 991.2 ... right now there's a GIAC and a Cobb program, both of which need an exhaust upgrade to make any power. Seems like they are approaching the car very slowly and cautiously, which may be a good thing, I suppose.
With respect to the need to upgrade your exhaust to high flow cats or catless to get any meaningful power gains on the 991.2 that is precisely the same on the 991.1. The stock exhaust is very restrictive especially with the stock cats. They cannot turn the boost up very much without destroying the cats due to elevated exhaust gas temperatures beyond what the stock catalytic converters can handle.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:04 PM
I didn't think Cobb had cracked the ECU on the 991.2. Are you sure they have a tune?

Also with respect to exhaust, I do not believe this to be true. The only flash tuner for the 991.2 that I am aware of is GIAC. Their tune made a ton of power on an otherwise stock Turbo. Something like 65 wheel hp and 90 torque. No exhaust needed.

When I upgraded the turbos on my otherwise bone stock 991.1 TTS with the GIAC tune, it made over 600 wheel hp on a very low reading mustang dyno through the stock exhaust. So I believe the 991's can make a lot of power (both 991.1 and 991.2) through the stock exhaust and a good tune.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !

Right now GIAC has both a Stage 1 and Stage 2 software upgrade for the 991.2 Turbo S available.

The Stage 1 suits an otherwise completely stock car.

The Stage 2 software is designed for a car with upgraded exhaust.

If you look at our thread here, these results were on our test car which was completely stock, exhaust and all.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...available.html

Old 08-20-2017, 01:08 PM
found these, fellas
http://sillyrabbitmotorsport.com/Fue...o-fuel-upgrade
anybody had experience with them?
thank you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.