Demon LMAO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 01:18 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1Gunner

Looking forward to it and also seeing your car dominate!!

I dunno brother on OEM street tires (PZero N0's) the last time I tested I could only get my car to 2.4 seconds 0-60mph so based on Dodge's claim the Demon should beat me

Old 07-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
I don't know why you keep bringing up RWD, front engine, etc. Who cares? Dodge is the one who said it's the quickest production car at 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. Ok let's see it go up against a car that can actually do 0-60 in 2.3 seconds.

Sorry I'm not into street racing of any sort. It's illegal and dangerous.

But I am into track and airstrip events. Demon's will show up to the airstrip, just like the Hellcats. I usually try to run only the high HP AWD cars and liter bikes but I'll make an exception here and ask one of the Demon's to run and I will get it on video.
It is the quickest. If you don't like the conditions, that's too bad. And the airstrip isn't what the Demon is designed for. No more than COPO, Cobrajet or Drag Pack factory cars either. Will you get as much glee racing a Viper ACR at the airstrip too? I mean what's the point? "Yeah the Demon is the quickest production car but lets see race a 1/2 mile!"

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Based on what exactly? The owner's manual? Your confidence? Journalistic statistic prose? Smoke and mirrors? ....???

And if it doesn't happen, at least their owners have a basket full of pre-excuses to draw on.
It traps as high as 140mph. Just like a 675LT will take a 991TTS, so will the Demon. It's simple physics.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:32 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
It is the quickest. If you don't like the conditions, that's too bad. And the airstrip isn't what the Demon is designed for. No more than COPO, Cobrajet or Drag Pack factory cars either. Will you get as much glee racing a Viper ACR at the airstrip too?

Why would I want to drag race an ACR Viper? Dodge never said the Viper ACR was the quickest production car of all time. But Dodge did say the Demon was.

"Oh but wait there's a caveat...it will only go 2.3 seconds on a drag strip only specifically prepped by Dodge employees with exactly 0.342 gallons of VHT poured on the launch pad and heated to 162.8 deg F by a blow torch with the tires heated on a burnout of no less than 9.5 seconds oh and DA must be at least negative 1,000 feet"

That's what they should have said. Because that's the only way it could achieve these results. But they didn't. And that's the problem here. Dodge being completely disingenuous.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:02 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
I dunno brother on OEM street tires (PZero N0's) the last time I tested I could only get my car to 2.4 seconds 0-60mph so based on Dodge's claim the Demon should beat me
Oh the shame of it....

Why would I want to drag race an ACR Viper? Dodge never said the Viper ACR was the quickest production car of all time. But Dodge did say the Demon was.

"Oh but wait there's a caveat...it will only go 2.3 seconds on a drag strip only specifically prepped by Dodge employees with exactly 0.342 gallons of VHT poured on the launch pad and heated to 162.8 deg F by a blow torch with the tires heated on a burnout of no less than 9.5 seconds oh and DA must be at least negative 1,000 feet"

That's what they should have said. Because that's the only way it could achieve these results. But they didn't. And that's the problem here. Dodge being completely disingenuous.
There's that basket of excuses, all setup and ready to use... when the inevitable happens!!

Last edited by 1Gunner; 07-24-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:36 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Yup. That car has more stipulations than the stripper i met up with last time i was in Vegas. I knew that 9.65 ET claim was only when the earth, moon, and sun lined up.

Ohh the memories from Spearmint Rhino...
I'm sure there is a large percentage of members here that have a stellar Rhino story or 3.....

Old 07-24-2017, 05:01 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !

Yes they did. They said its the quickest production car of all time at 14 tracks. Is that disingenuous because they used a pro driver?

I'll repeat conditions for you, ""Dodge fitted pizza-cutter front tires, drag racing slicks, ran it at 147 feet above sea level at 8:34 p.m. with a 40-degree ambient temperature on a fully prepared surface, and used 100-octane fuel"

Should Dodge have instead used a dusty track on a 90 degree day to set a record? Then they would be accused of sandbagging, poor marketing, factory driver sucks, blah blah blah.

Do you prep your car to run the best possible time?

Dodge completely disclosed the conditions and anyone with drag racing experience should know there is prep involved and the DA makes a difference and isn't upset about it.

What is the C7 Z06 best time? 10.42 @ 133mph? That doesn't count either because the conditions were ideal and the surface was prepped?

Old 07-24-2017, 07:41 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
The car is a bad *** beast, whether you like it or not. Chances are you won't encounter one on the streets as most of them will end up in a collection of special cars anyways. You can get it to go as fast and quick as Dodge claims when you learn how to do it, I bet it will be lots of fun getting there.
It is really ok for a car to be quicker than a 911 Turbo S, it doesn't mean the 911 is slow or a lesser car, hell no ! Most starts, the 911 will take the Demon in a drag race as it is much easier to launch.
Cheers !

Old 07-24-2017, 07:48 PM
boostfiend is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TeeLex
Having owned a low 9 second car, I highly doubt that the Demon could manage a sub 9 second 1/4 even on drag radials.
Yes I meant sub 10s. I have yet to see a hellcat trap under 130. Demon should trap high 130s if not low 140s that's more than enough for 9s with the proper suspension tune and it's fully adjustable a good driver is key too obviously.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:06 PM
Yes they did. They said its the quickest production car of all time at 14 tracks. Is that disingenuous because they used a pro driver?

I'll repeat conditions for you, ""Dodge fitted pizza-cutter front tires, drag racing slicks, ran it at 147 feet above sea level at 8:34 p.m. with a 40-degree ambient temperature on a fully prepared surface, and used 100-octane fuel"

Should Dodge have instead used a dusty track on a 90 degree day to set a record? Then they would be accused of sandbagging, poor marketing, factory driver sucks, blah blah blah.

Do you prep your car to run the best possible time?

Dodge completely disclosed the conditions and anyone with drag racing experience should know there is prep involved and the DA makes a difference and isn't upset about it.

What is the C7 Z06 best time? 10.42 @ 133mph? That doesn't count either because the conditions were ideal and the surface was prepped?

Question: The Demon is a street car right? So what are the performance figures for street configuration? That's right we don't know because Dodge announced 0-60 in 2.3 and 1/4 mile in 9.65 and then said "this is the quickest street car in the world". But tested it only on a prepped drag strip. Isn't that disingenuous? All other cars are tested in street conditions. And then verified by the mags using instrument testing on street-like conditions.

So far we have 11.0 from one independent source. And that was done on a drag strip. How much slower will it be on the street when the independent mags get it?

Old 07-25-2017, 02:25 PM
Question: The Demon is a street car right? So what are the performance figures for street configuration? That's right we don't know because Dodge announced 0-60 in 2.3 and 1/4 mile in 9.65 and then said "this is the quickest street car in the world". But tested it only on a prepped drag strip. Isn't that disingenuous? All other cars are tested in street conditions. And then verified by the mags using instrument testing on street-like conditions.

So far we have 11.0 from one independent source. And that was done on a drag strip. How much slower will it be on the street when the independent mags get it?
Dodge said 9.90 in street trim and it's a street legal production car under warranty, so no, I'd say its spot-on.

You could argue in street legal tune, 808hp is more fair and that's where Dodge states 9.90. Or street legal tune with the front tires equipped with the 315 DRs from the showroom floor. But why would acceleration times be exempt from ideal conditions when road circuit times are not?

Your last statement though, wow. Hellcat owners with 101hp less have been running low 11s on stock tires and high 10s with drag radials/slicks. It goes to say that a lighter car, with a drag prep cooling equipment, suspension and tires optimized for a launch, more power, more aggressive gearing, transbrake and line lock will be running 10s, regularly.

The hot conditions, and frankly inexperienced (at drag racing) media members were reported in the 10s. And I don't know if they had the skinnys and race tune or not but traction was the problem.

Dodge is the only manufacturer selling a car with adjustable launch rpm and equipped with drag radials, add the fact slicks were reportedly used, how many street cars could handle and optimize that type of testing? Dodge built the car specifically to handle it, no one else does. For the cars that come close, they tend to be AWD which shares load on the powertrain and how many LC settings are adjustable?

Old 07-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Dodge said 9.90 in street trim and it's a street legal production car under warranty, so no, I'd say its spot-on.

You could argue in street legal tune, 808hp is more fair and that's where Dodge states 9.90. Or street legal tune with the front tires equipped with the 315 DRs from the showroom floor. But why would acceleration times be exempt from ideal conditions when road circuit times are not?

Your last statement though, wow. Hellcat owners with 101hp less have been running low 11s on stock tires and high 10s with drag radials/slicks. It goes to say that a lighter car, with a drag prep cooling equipment, suspension and tires optimized for a launch, more power, more aggressive gearing, transbrake and line lock will be running 10s, regularly.

The hot conditions, and frankly inexperienced (at drag racing) media members were reported in the 10s. And I don't know if they had the skinnys and race tune or not but traction was the problem.

Dodge is the only manufacturer selling a car with adjustable launch rpm and equipped with drag radials, add the fact slicks were reportedly used, how many street cars could handle and optimize that type of testing? Dodge built the car specifically to handle it, no one else does. For the cars that come close, they tend to be AWD which shares load on the powertrain and how many LC settings are adjustable?

So now you are saying the inexperienced "Automotive Journalists" are to blame hilar ious just made my day.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:05 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
And only time will tell whether the car will hold together http://www.hellcat.org/threads/hellc...n-issues.2502/

What good is a warranty on an under engineered race car that is in the shop more often than the road/track ?

Yes call me skeptical but if it walks the walk and holds together kudos are certainly due and I'll have a glass of Pinot with my pie

Last edited by Nanook; 07-25-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:59 AM
So now you are saying the inexperienced "Automotive Journalists" are to blame hilar ious just made my day.
EXACTLY correct. Shows how much you know.

The big magazine journalits have NO drag racing experience. For years I've told them to measure the 60ft and R&T only started a little while ago. None of them operated a transbrake before, no other car has drag radials, and nothing they have launched has had this much horsepower without a DCT, AWD or mid engine.

If you bothered to read any of the reports, some only got 3 runs and they either bogged it or smoked the tires. My guess is none of them (except of course Hot Rod Magazine if they were even there) have done any drag racing on the side and played with tire pressures for optimal 60fts. Let alone cool down procedures, etc. Why do you think owners beat their times?

So yeah, I'd say they were inexperienced and the car takes practice.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:29 AM
EXACTLY correct. Shows how much you know.

The big magazine journalits have NO drag racing experience. For years I've told them to measure the 60ft and R&T only started a little while ago. None of them operated a transbrake before, no other car has drag radials, and nothing they have launched has had this much horsepower without a DCT, AWD or mid engine.

If you bothered to read any of the reports, some only got 3 runs and they either bogged it or smoked the tires. My guess is none of them (except of course Hot Rod Magazine if they were even there) have done any drag racing on the side and played with tire pressures for optimal 60fts. Let alone cool down procedures, etc. Why do you think owners beat their times?

So yeah, I'd say they were inexperienced and the car takes practice.
You obviously have some kind of bone to pick with me. And I think you are hard headed and aren't listening to my point so I'll just leave this last point that I will put up my 991 Turbo S which in street tires should put up slightly slower numbers as Dodge is claiming for the Demon. Soon they will show up to our SoCal race events, and I will race one. Not against a magazine editor but an actual owner. And I will get it on video and I will post it here so you to see. You seem convinced the Demon will do what Dodge says, and this time it will be in the hands of owners. Care to place a wager on the outcome?

Usually I will not race anything other that the heavily modded GTRs, 911 Turbos, 918's TT AWD Lambos and bikes because racing other cars is pointless, particular any RWD cars. They have no chance.

Here's a last event attended by my now sold 997.2 Turbo S which puts up similar numbers as my 991 Turbo S. The 997.2 made 600 wheel and my 991 makes 650 but is heavier.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:27 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Care to place a wager on the outcome?

Can I get in on this ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.