Wanna GO Fast Ocala, FL. October event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 03:18 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Thank you Mark...the next one in Ocala, FL is the last week in Jan 2018. Would love to have you come to our event!

Manuel
Manuel,
It might be a little far for me maybe I can plan it with a little R and R

Old 10-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Manuel,
It might be a little far for me maybe I can plan it with a little R and R
Would be awesome, we could have a By Design canopy

Old 11-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi guys,

As I was going through my dashcam to do a video of WGF the event, I got to the "171" run...to my surprise the GPS on the dashcam recorded a top speed 164 mph, so I went ahead and called my partner at WGF and asked him to check the speed for that run for the car that ran next to me and there it was, they had switched the speeds, so my actual best was 163.6 mph. Just wanted to give you guys the truth, I am now back to square one and need to solve the IAT temp issue that the car has. Sorry if I mislead anyone here.

Regards,

Manuel

Old 11-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Much respect bud. Guys Manuel was looking for answers as he could only hit that number once in the cold morning so we all thought it made sense. Logs from the previous day showed the car getting hot and intake temperatures were affecting power output. I think it’s really cool that as soon as he found this out he shared it so everyone can have accurate information to refer to. After looking at the logs I can see it and make sense of it. We will stick to our plan as there’s room for improvement in the recipie. We will make the changes we discussed to hunt more speed down and I’ll be there for you! I can guarantee you will hit 170 and even faster with meth buddy! Don’t forget you still did great comparatively! Thanks for being an honest and contributing part of the community.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:04 PM
cfpchfc1 is on a distinguished road
Hi guys,

As I was going through my dashcam to do a video of WGF the event, I got to the "171" run...to my surprise the GPS on the dashcam recorded a top speed 164 mph, so I went ahead and called my partner at WGF and asked him to check the speed for that run for the car that ran next to me and there it was, they had switched the speeds, so my actual best was 163.6 mph. Just wanted to give you guys the truth, I am now back to square one and need to solve the IAT temp issue that the car has. Sorry if I mislead anyone here.

Regards,

Manuel
Errors happen. Nice for you to correct it. Many of us learn and get ideas from this forum. In perspective these "problems" are great to live with.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:11 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Intereting Manual both you and Richard posted the exact MPH 164.7 and there is some fine tuning for both that can increase 1/2 mile speed for the next event. Good luck.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Much respect bud. Guys Manuel was looking for answers as he could only hit that number once in the cold morning so we all thought it made sense. Logs from the previous day showed the car getting hot and intake temperatures were affecting power output. I think it’s really cool that as soon as he found this out he shared it so everyone can have accurate information to refer to. After looking at the logs I can see it and make sense of it. We will stick to our plan as there’s room for improvement in the recipie. We will make the changes we discussed to hunt more speed down and I’ll be there for you! I can guarantee you will hit 170 and even faster with meth buddy! Don’t forget you still did great comparatively! Thanks for being an honest and contributing part of the community.
Thank you for the support my friend!

Old 11-03-2017, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by cfpchfc1
Errors happen. Nice for you to correct it. Many of us learn and get ideas from this forum. In perspective these "problems" are great to live with.
For sure!

Old 11-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Intereting Manual both you and Richard posted the exact MPH 164.7 and there is some fine tuning for both that can increase 1/2 mile speed for the next event. Good luck.
Hi Adam,

Yeah, but remember I am running with no meth.

Manuel

Old 11-03-2017, 01:16 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Hi Adam,

Yeah, but remember I am running with no meth.

Manuel
Got it, i just thought it was interesting that you guys were within a few tenths - knowing you both have quite a bit more in it. Champion has a fix for Richard and sounds like Sam will get you dialed in soon.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Got to hang out with Tom a little bit the other day all these years we’ve never shook hands…Finally! He’s been my local go to. Looks like Richard may have had bad fuel now on 93 the cars back. Recently we also added our PD case software and I’ve adjusted his program a little. You guys can do some testing and then we might change some recipe around and get it going. I think I have a couple other guys out there I can get together with you. Carlos is going with turbochargers also! Getting interesting in Florida!

Old 11-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Got to hang out with Tom a little bit the other day all these years we’ve never shook hands…Finally! He’s been my local go to. Looks like Richard may have had bad fuel now on 93 the cars back. Recently we also added our PD case software and I’ve adjusted his program a little. You guys can do some testing and then we might change some recipe around and get it going. I think I have a couple other guys out there I can get together with you. Carlos is going with turbochargers also! Getting interesting in Florida!
Definitely a pleasure to finally meet you and Mark! Thanks for stopping by our display at SEMA. I could barely get away from there so I appreciate you guys taking the time to come over! It's always great putting faces to names!

As for the results, it's great to see both Manuel and Richard out there thrashing their cars around. It just goes to show how awesome the 991 platform really is! Keep in mind though, they're two totally different builds. Even though they're both 68mm upgraded turbo cars, Richard's car is a very minimal setup. Factory y-pipe, factory plenum, factory headers, while Manuel has full bolt-ons. And he's also only running a 60/40 water meth mixture together with 93 octane as opposed to race fuel. The goal when building his car was to have a daily driver that could use meth as an alternative to race fuel so he's never got anything other than 93 in the tank. We wanted to make a reliable 600-650 at the wheels and never really wanted to make a record breaking car. In fact, I think he's got somewhere around 25k on the car already!

Just two different roads to the same destination I guess. Either way, it's just great to see the camaraderie out there while everyone has a good time. That's what it's all about!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.