Cobb PDK software problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 05:58 PM
dkphelps is an unknown quantity at this point
Cobb PDK software problems?

I have a 2015 Porsche 911 turbo s with a stage 4 tune, and I am wondering if anyone else might be having problems with there Cobb PDK software?

Old 05-11-2018, 02:39 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I have the PDK AND ECM tune for 991.1 in my 2016 TTS.

Aside from the fact that I feel the Sport mode shift (and running) points are about 500 RPM's too high in most gears, no issues to speak of.

What are you experiencing?

Old 05-11-2018, 06:43 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Sam was good enough to give me a test drive of the early version...I only left it in the car for 2 days then removed it.
I found it to be somewhat over the top performance wise for MY street driving characteristics. It simply held gears too long for my preference and seemed to want to keep the rpms always in the upper range.
I realize there have been changes since the version I tried but to be honest I don't find the need to change the stock PDK characteristics...at least for MY street driving

Old 05-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Hey guys,

If you have issues please let us know and send an email so we can work on if there are issues.

As for custom requests like RPM's being too high also email in and we will update maps to suit what you guys are looking for. PDK maps are hard because everyone has a different driving feel and preference.

Porsche.Experts@cobbtuning.com

Thanks!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 05-11-2018, 12:39 PM
dkphelps is an unknown quantity at this point
I just wanted to say thanks to Sam at ByDesign and the guys at Cobb, they have been great and i’m sure that they will solve this problem.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:22 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Wow! I was saying the same thing, that the gears were being held too long, and the shift points were just too high in most gears, then I see the post from Cobb saying that they would dial it in on an ad personam basis....too much! I'm going to reach out to them and dial mine in...wow wow wow!!!

Old 05-13-2018, 12:07 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Guys,

I have learned that the PDK relearn is a must after any PDK map that is installed. Night and day difference, I am running the high torque aggressive.

Manuel

Old 05-13-2018, 06:59 AM
If you didn't do the relearn, how would go about it after having put a few thousand KM's on it since the PDK software upload?

Old 05-13-2018, 07:02 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
If you didn't do the relearn, how would go about it after having put a few thousand KM's on it since the PDK software upload?
You can still do it, this is a new option on the AP after you get the PDK UPDATE.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:16 AM
Will try that, thanks!

Old 05-14-2018, 08:56 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Guys,

I have learned that the PDK relearn is a must after any PDK map that is installed. Night and day difference, I am running the high torque aggressive.

Manuel
and, just in case you pull a stupid like I did and didn't realize it, you need to have the car idling when you do the relearn.

It made a huge difference and I'm 100% happy with the PDK tune

Old 05-15-2018, 05:07 AM
Well, they (Cobb) reached out to me, responding to my e-mail to them the other day. They were very quick and extremely responsive, as was Sam@ BD.

I sent them a detailed e-mail with the things I liked and disliked about the PDK tune, and they promised me a new tune yesterday, which they sent.

I immediately loaded it and (patiently) did the relearn procedure and all I can say is wow! The PDK shines now! They lowered the shift point RPM's in sport, raised it in normal, gave me everything I wished for, including a bunch of features from the sequential map, incorporated into the Sport map...and now I have the perfect PDK map! I couldn't be happier!

Thank you Mitch/ Sam and the team at Cobb!! You are all awesome and awesome to deal with!!

Old 05-15-2018, 07:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Anytime! Glad Jon got you all sorted out!

If anyone needs anything from us please let us know. We will most likely add this style of map to the firmware so that it is there in the future for guys that want this same thing.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 05-15-2018, 07:25 AM
Great idea! It works so well...and is just the perfect blend of maps for someone who wants to cruise and be more in the powerband, but not screaming along while on cruise control.

It's how the car should have been equipped from Porsche, but couldn't be.

I think you guys really nailed it on this one Mitch!

Old 05-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Well, it has been almost 7 days since I got my dialed in PDK from Cobb, who did it in under 8 hours from the time they got my e-mail, and I am loving the new software!!

It has everything I could ask for, including reversing the upshift/ downshift on the main shifter, to make it perform like the GT3. It works so well in normal and sport, that I have a whole newfound love for the car.

It's more aggressive than the OEM PDK software, less aggressive than the original Cobb Sport PDK, yet still keeps the car in its powerband in sport, all the time, and it shift into 7th at 75 MPH, my cruising speed to stay under the radar. It's as perfect as perfect can be!

Thanks again to Cobb and Sam for going that extra mile and completely appeasing and already happy customer!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cobb PDK software problems?