Who makes the best no drill plate holder for 991.2?

Old 08-15-2017, 10:27 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Who makes the best no drill plate holder for 991.2?

I need a front license plate holder for my 991.2 turbo with parking sensors. Who makes the best? RHO or or craven speed platypus?

Old 08-21-2017, 09:08 AM
redfoxwg is an unknown quantity at this point
craven speed one doesn't work with PDC. They basically "deactivates" one of the sensors to make it work.

RHO seems to be the only option that retains full PDC functionality. I am still confirming and can update once I have confirmed.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:02 AM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Thanks Redfox!

Old 09-02-2017, 10:07 PM
I got the RHO version with the drop down part per your recomendation and it's perfect.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:34 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Question

Originally Posted by MrPorsche
I got the RHO version with the drop down part per your recomendation and it's perfect.
Any pics?

Old 09-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
I guess we're pretty lucky here...no front plate required and radar detectors are legal

Old 05-27-2019, 12:33 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Resurrecting an old thread since I have an update and a review. For those who know me from the 996T and 997T forums, you may remember that I used Cravenspeed's Platypus tow hook solution, but neither my 996, nor my 997 had parking sensors. My 991.1 does . . . Since I live in CA and I am going to start driving my car more often (why not???), I want to get legal and get my front plate on; yes, I don't like it either, but I don't want a mechanical. I was originally going to go for the extension and drop version from Rho-plate; then I decided to contact Craven, to my surprise . . .

Best customer service ever

Derek C simply asked what post I have and said that not only do they have an option for me, but if I just send back my old post, they would send me a new one for FREE, Wow. He said that they have an extension-and-drop as well so not to interfere with the parking sensors, but they also have a "blinder" that covers the one sensor and allow the rest to work without issue. I had no idea such a product existed! Below, I took a picture of the "blinder" in place and with the plate installed. Not as good as the no-plate option, but I am quite happy!

Old 06-11-2019, 01:54 PM
991Agate is on a distinguished road
991.2 Drop License Plate Holder

I have one from a place called Dynamic Technology Group in San Ramon, CA
Email Greg Calo at gcalo@dynamtechgroup.com
Cost is about $60
Solidly made and stable. Does nit block parking sensors. Connects via tow hook port. Very pleased with it.

Frank

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-11-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:08 PM
1fasturbos is an unknown quantity at this point
Check on google sto n sho. I have been using them on all my cars. And it has a quick release. Have had it for 2yrs+ and still going strong.

-Dylan

Old 06-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Steinhart is on a distinguished road

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.