New 991.1 Turbo Owner

Old 09-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Youzzi is an unknown quantity at this point
New 991.1 Turbo Owner

Hello Everyone!

I Just picked up a 2016 991.1 Turbo, GT Silver, Carrera Red Interior with 3500miles from Beverly Hills Porsche 7 days ago.

Mods in the garage ready for install:
IPD Plenum
IPD Y Pipe
BMC Air Filter
Sharkwerks Exhaust
WM CatBypass Pipes

Hopefully get them installed in the next couple of days.

Any recommendations of ECU Tunes?

Other Porsches:
2013 Panamera Turbo - Exhaust and Tune (Present)
2011 Boxster S
2009 C4S - Tune, Plenum, Intake
1998 Carrera S

Old 09-06-2017, 06:29 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
I would give Sam at by design a call. He is the go to guy for 991's!

Old 09-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Call Sam..he'll work his magic for ya..

Old 09-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Doughboy247 is a splendid one to beholdDoughboy247 is a splendid one to beholdDoughboy247 is a splendid one to beholdDoughboy247 is a splendid one to beholdDoughboy247 is a splendid one to beholdDoughboy247 is a splendid one to behold
Cobb!! Contact Sam at bydesignauto..

tuan

Old 09-07-2017, 01:46 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on the new 991 Turbo. If you change to sharkwerks exhaust and cat delete will you have a check engine because of the cat bypass pipes? I'm thinking go stright pipe my car but really don't want the check engine light.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:55 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Not with a tune.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the advice, I have reached out to Sam.

M3, Sam at ByDesign stated a tune will remove the check engine light.

I am now debating on removing the cats or not, but either way I am going to get Sam to tune it.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers everyone!

Y, it was nice talking with you and it's cool that we spoke before on your other car. I'll see you at World Performance tomorrow and if you have time you can hang out while we run Daniel's 997 3.8 VTG build on the dyno!

Old 09-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Sam! Thank you for holding my hand!

Super happy with it!

IPD Plenum, IPD Y Pipe, BMC Filter, World-Motorsports CatDelete, Stock Exhaust, COBB Accessport with Sam By Design Map and... Wow!

As soon as I turned it on it had a growl, and on the test drive it literally felt like a 700hp car, somewhat even scary!

Thanks Sam! for texting me and guiding me during the build, still cant believe I decided to DIY those mods but it worked out.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.