Shift Sector Half Mile Event Oct 28/29

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 05:09 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Shift Sector Half Mile Event Oct 28/29

Was thrilled to bring my 2015 Turbo S to Shift Sector's California Airstrip Event this weekend. Shift Sector started it all with half mile airstrip racing and as usual there were some amazing cars and shops out in force.

Shift Sector has competitions by "class" and our 991's qualify for two classes depending on extent of modifications. Most of us are just bolt on and we qualify for the "Exotic Class" along with Ferrari's, Lambo's, McLaren's, etc with similar bolt on mods. Those with mods like engine or pdk builds, non-stock frame turbos or nitrous qualify for the "AWD Unlimited Class".

I have a simple GIAC/Champion package with the following mods:

Champion intercoolers
Champion exhaust
Champion diverter valves
Champion/Tial 68's
GIAC tune
meth injection (dual CM7 nozzles)
Rear r888 tires

Otherwise the car is 100% stock no weight reduction with 6k miles on the odometer.

Car is downright rapid and exceeded my expectations ripping off a 174.1 mph at 2:33pm on Saturday afternoon at 92 degrees F with a substantial headwind. It was my highest trap of the day as I decided to short-shift at 6,900 rpm instead of letting the computer shift at 7,200 rpm like I did on all previous runs.

On Sunday I only had one run and ripped off a 173.75 in cooler conditions also short shifting at 6,900 rpm. I left the event as my factory throttle boot would detach every other run and I was sick of aborting runs and having to fix it. I bought a new one yesterday and hope mine was just defective from the factory. I know it was a recall item on 2014's maybe I got a bad one too.

Anyway these were shakedown passes as I just got the race gas tune a week prior and did two vbox runs to test it out. The first was a 60-130 in 5.5 seconds and the second was a dig 1/4 mile run and did 9.7 @ 144mph. What's amazing as the race gas tune runs the same boost as my pump tune and timing is only 24 degrees (20 degrees for pump) and so it's very safe...we are no where near the limit of fueling, the motor or the pdk. The car drives perfect, shifts perfect and is very consistent.

I am not trying to break any records I just want a quick, repeatable, and reliable car that I can drive to and from events and not worry about. Being 5mph faster than a McLaren 720S on day 1 was obvious this car is insanely fast but even better how it's safe power with zero worries that I'm going to break anything (except the lame stock throttle boot haha).

Big thanks to GIAC and Champion for making an amazing bolt on package that doesn't come close to pushing the boundaries. Also thanks to Thomas and Marcel at Emmanuele Design for an OEM reliable meth system and getting me the r888's when everyone else was sold out.

EDIT: Also I invited Marcel to the event and he fixed my throttle boot 6-7 times each time in about 5 minutes. Thanks again Marcel!

Cheers.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BJPhotog.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	515317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 1.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	619.6 KB
ID:	515318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 2.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	588.7 KB
ID:	515319  

Last edited by longboarder; 11-01-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:35 PM
cfpchfc1 is on a distinguished road
congrats! Impressive indeed! How come you shift at 6900?

Old 10-31-2017, 06:52 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Congrats Adam..looks like you're finding her sweet spot !!

Old 10-31-2017, 07:23 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Adam, stunning numbers man for a basic bolt on car!!

174 vs 171 for a 720S beast!

You still got to respect that 171, as I am guess that was on pump gas for a production car!

This 991 platform is just a solid reliable platform to make and put down great power!

How much did you think you picked up over pump and meth verse race and meth?

Again great job as usual!

Bobby Ali

Old 10-31-2017, 10:16 PM
blkonblk88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe that is a bolt on and tuned 720s by BBI. Your cars flying Adam. Just a few mph slower than some fully built porsches that were out there. That’s the best part!

Old 10-31-2017, 11:10 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
WAIT A SECOND!!!

Adam where is your video?!

Old 11-01-2017, 03:30 AM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
Very strong results especially with these simple mods!

Old 11-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Way to go Adam, congrats!!!

Old 11-01-2017, 12:56 PM
cliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant future
Looking forward to the videos.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:24 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cfpchfc1
congrats! Impressive indeed! How come you shift at 6900?

This was my first time with the car in this configuration at a half mile event. It was doing high 171's letting the computer shift itself at 7,200 rpm. I remembered from my 997.2 days that it would seem to shift a little quicker if I pulled the paddles so I tried it and trap speed increased to 174 so it clearly worked. I tried shifting at 6,500 and it got a lot slower (167). I'm not sure what's exactly optimal yet, but clearly the car liked 6,900.

Originally Posted by Nanook
Congrats Adam..looks like you're finding her sweet spot !!

Thx I'm very happy with the power, reliability and smoothness! Now I need to figure out to launch this car in all conditions. Sometimes it launches great and sometimes it bogs. It needs a little bit of wheel spin for the best launch and it's all controllable with rear tire pressure. Gotta figure that out next.

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Adam, stunning numbers man for a basic bolt on car!!

174 vs 171 for a 720S beast!

You still got to respect that 171, as I am guess that was on pump gas for a production car!

This 991 platform is just a solid reliable platform to make and put down great power!

How much did you think you picked up over pump and meth verse race and meth?

Again great job as usual!

Bobby Ali

Hey Bobby, thx my friend. Agree 720S is insane for a stock car. Just for comparison sake, there was a tuned 991 Turbo S doing 154. And a BBI 997.1 FBO e85 with 68's was doing 166.

Pump+meth I'm around 50 wheel HP lower so I'd imagine high 160's in similar high DA conditions. Maybe 170 on a cold day. My IAT's were starting 60+C and lowering to 35C by the end of the runs. A cold day would have helped starting IATs significantly.

Originally Posted by blkonblk88
I believe that is a bolt on and tuned 720s by BBI. Your cars flying Adam. Just a few mph slower than some fully built porsches that were out there. That’s the best part!

Missed you out there my friend. You would have been the fastest GTR for sure. I talked with Josh for a while with the orange GTR that thing went 184 so great job by Ronnie on dialing it in. Very impressed what RD can do on minimal mods.

Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Way to go Adam, congrats!!!

Likewise congrats on your beast as well Manuel.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
WAIT A SECOND!!!

Adam where is your video?!
Originally Posted by cliffd
Looking forward to the videos.

Sorry gents had a bit of a malfunction trying a new camera system. For some reason my Waylens camera didn't want to work. Finally figured out why but not until I was done racing. So I'm not going to have a race compilation like I usually do

I did get a couple good runs on backup cameras so I might post single race vids on those....but I haven't even seen the footage yet.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by DanWeber
Very strong results especially with these simple mods!

Need to get your meth dialed in it's killing me Dan!!!

Old 11-06-2017, 01:42 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Great results!

Old 11-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Killing it as usual - well done Longboarder

Old 11-15-2017, 10:27 AM
Shift Sector pics

Wheels up

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0562.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	516097   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0563.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	516098  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.