For the guys that have steel brakes and not CCB

Old 11-17-2017, 02:15 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
For the guys that have steel brakes and not CCB

Looking at some cars for sale and I am coming across some 991.1 Turbos that have everything I want including the PDCC anti roll system. If I went this direction the car would have everything I want except the Carbon brakes.

For the guys that have the steel brakes I was curious if you are satisfied with their performance or if you regret not getting that option. The only must have options for me was the color of the car I preferred and PDCC/sports chrono.

The goal of the car is to do a stage 3 or 4 by design build and simply enjoy the car.

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2017, 02:19 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
I just came from a 991.1 Turbo with steel brakes. When I owned the car I felt like they were more than adequate. I just got a 991.1 GT3 w/PCCB and wow what a difference. You can even tell just driving around town. They also squeal a bit whereas the steel did not at all.

I would get either but the steel are just fine on that car.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:21 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
It does, thanks! Plus I would assume if one plans to keep the 911 long term, replacing the steel brakes would be easier than possibly replacing the carbons after a good amount of track days.

I just wanted to make sure the performance was still pretty good.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:46 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thegame
It does, thanks! Plus I would assume if one plans to keep the 911 long term, replacing the steel brakes would be easier than possibly replacing the carbons after a good amount of track days.

I just wanted to make sure the performance was still pretty good.
Steel brakes aren't pretty good, they are great and would have no problem with them. The PCCB's are another level but again trade off's. I don't plan to track more than a couple times a year so the PCCB's will outlast my car ownership for sure.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice chatting Chris. Of course bigger is better LOL but I can tell you that compared to the average car and compared to just a few years ago they are more than adequate. Just as a sidenote I met with some old friends at Brembo during Sema and we are coming out with a kit! It’s going to be awesome and it’s going to be developed to be interchangeable with different calibers and desks! Stay tuned

Old 11-17-2017, 05:16 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Steels are fine. Pads and fluid need to be good for track use and those are easy.

Without track use, pedal feel and lack of dust are the advantages of the PCCB system, and if you won’t replace them they’ll be nice to have. For track use, cost can also be a big factor. OEM CCB rotors run ~5k per corner from the dealer, so a full brake job can run well north of $20k. Not sure why Porsche asks quite so much for them.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:46 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
If you're going to track the car steel is the only way unless you have a Formula 1 budget. A few track days and you can look forward to a 20k brake job. If you don't track the PCCBs will last you for life and they're awesome.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:18 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Hey what's up Chris.

The 410 Ceramics on the 991 Turbo are amazing for street driving. Pedal feel is fantastic, initial bite is terrific and threshold breaking is mind numbing assuming the front tires don't skid. Best of the best and certainly makes hauling down from triple digits a non-event.

I have the steels on my 991 GT3 track car. They are nowhere near as good as the ceramics and need aftermarket brembo pads and fluid to survive a track day. I actually split the stock pads in half on my first track day and boiled the stock fluid. With upgraded pads and fluid they are fine for withstanding track pounding but still don't have the feel or the performance of the ceramics

Good luck with your search.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:40 AM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
i switched to steel, misss the PCCBs

Old 11-23-2017, 06:50 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
I am in the process of building out/ordering a new 991.2 TTS only thing I’m nervous about is possible brake squeal. I live in a desert climate if that matters. I ordered the new M5 when it first came out and had to trade it in after 6mos as I couldn’t deal with the incessant squeal coming to a stop in daily driver traffic. Will that be an issue with the PCCB’s?

Old 11-29-2017, 03:29 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't have any brake squeal until around 20k miles. Then it started but I wouldn't say it was incessant. Several people have reported higher mileage PCCBs starting to squeal some.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.