Battle of the Fastest US Half Mile Event 991's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 08:46 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Adam,

Way to go, car is dialed in!
Wonder why BBI uses so many meth stages...

Manuel

Old 12-26-2017, 04:01 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Hi Adam,

Way to go, car is dialed in!
Wonder why BBI uses so many meth stages...

Manuel

Hey thanks Manuel.

I think the two-stage meth kit was a pretty smart way at attacking the fuel system limitation. The more meth you can throw at these cars, usually the better. When you are running meth as a fuel tho, things can get tricky. Too much meth at one time can flood as ECU can only do so much to keep fuel trims in check.

For example if BBI is targeting 850 HP and the fuel system can only handle 750, then they need to flow a lot of meth to make up the shortfall. And it will not be anywhere near as precise as an injector, however with a kit like Aquamist you can flow off injector duty cycle. Usually dual 750cc is the most you would want to flow...but if that isn't enough to get you your target hp, you can run another dual 750cc. That's enough meth for 2,000 hp so you need to be careful how it flows in the intake.

You can do start flow on the first set of nozzles at a low boost and full flow at say 12psi...and then start the next set of nozzles at 12psi with full flow at peak psi. That way it's progressive and gives the ECU better opportunity to adapt.

This is just me theorizing by the way.

BBI is working on a more permanent solution to this car I raced with a prototype intake that uses 6 additional injectors and a Syvecs ECU for precise fuel control/management.

Old 12-27-2017, 10:17 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hey thanks Manuel.

I think the two-stage meth kit was a pretty smart way at attacking the fuel system limitation. The more meth you can throw at these cars, usually the better. When you are running meth as a fuel tho, things can get tricky. Too much meth at one time can flood as ECU can only do so much to keep fuel trims in check.

For example if BBI is targeting 850 HP and the fuel system can only handle 750, then they need to flow a lot of meth to make up the shortfall. And it will not be anywhere near as precise as an injector, however with a kit like Aquamist you can flow off injector duty cycle. Usually dual 750cc is the most you would want to flow...but if that isn't enough to get you your target hp, you can run another dual 750cc. That's enough meth for 2,000 hp so you need to be careful how it flows in the intake.

You can do start flow on the first set of nozzles at a low boost and full flow at say 12psi...and then start the next set of nozzles at 12psi with full flow at peak psi. That way it's progressive and gives the ECU better opportunity to adapt.

This is just me theorizing by the way.

BBI is working on a more permanent solution to this car I raced with a prototype intake that uses 6 additional injectors and a Syvecs ECU for precise fuel control/management.
Hi Adam,

Your theory seems accurate. Just trying to get some feedback from others with the BBI IC's, regarding logs, IAT's and track data...on a non-meth setup like mine. Have not had much luck with customer support from BBI...I guess they are very busy

Manuel

Old 01-03-2018, 02:12 PM
INFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really nice
Look forward to 2018

Longboarder

Seems you have a ton of momentum in this thread. Why don’t you setup a Porsche grudge match at the next Shift Sector event. That way there is no BS. Bring a 997.2-991.2 platform and see who has the fastest DFI/PDk cars in NA. The cars in Dubai running at night with tracks prepped so hard that the cars are doing wheelies is not a fair comparison.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:12 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by INFINITE
Longboarder

Seems you have a ton of momentum in this thread. Why don’t you setup a Porsche grudge match at the next Shift Sector event. That way there is no BS. Bring a 997.2-991.2 platform and see who has the fastest DFI/PDk cars in NA. The cars in Dubai running at night with tracks prepped so hard that the cars are doing wheelies is not a fair comparison.

Good thing that I can wheel stand for over 100 yards on an unprepped slippery airstrip with street tires

No but seriously Aro's 991 and your 997.2 should go way faster than me now, given your new intake/fueling and Syvecs ECU set up. You know I like being the underdog and if you are pulling 190mph I still want to race and will video and post it up win or lose. Put in your best driver you know I'm down.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0562.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	518687   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0563.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	518688  
Old 01-03-2018, 09:48 PM
INFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really nice
Originally Posted by longboarder
Good thing that I can wheel stand for over 100 yards on an unprepped slippery airstrip with street tires

No but seriously Aro's 991 and your 997.2 should go way faster than me now, given your new intake/fueling and Syvecs ECU set up. You know I like being the underdog and if you are pulling 190mph I still want to race and will video and post it up win or lose. Put in your best driver you know I'm down.
Wheel stand or wheels 7 inches off the ground. Invite the fast guys. Next event we’re coming with the heat

Old 01-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by INFINITE
Wheel stand or wheels 7 inches off the ground. Invite the fast guys. Next event we’re coming with the heat
All you "fast guys" know about the event. And now we have a date - last weekend in April 2018. Looking forward to it.

If the other built motor 991's are ready, they will be there. It would be fun to see the BBI cars take on stuff like Mark Blackwell's car.

Of course I would hope you all would let my "slow car" run against your built cars. You know me and know I believe I can beat everyone every time. Call me naive or too confident or whatever. But while you guys are building, I'm testing and refining, to hopefully prove once again that $12k in mods done right can keep up with the big dollar builds.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:07 AM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Adam, just blows me away that your getting this kind of power out of the platform I use to race. I thought my one time 166 mph was killer. I look forward to coming out in April to see you run Bro!

Old 01-07-2018, 10:00 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
What happened to the video? -shrug-

Old 01-08-2018, 04:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
I wanted to chime to remind our achievement on un-prepped surface in the middle of desert.

Our built DFI engine ES1200 kit
PDK gearbox with Dodson clutch kit

200mph on TRUE standing 1/2 mile. (without launch)

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...le-200mph.html

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 01-08-2018, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
I wanted to chime to remind our achievement on un-prepped surface in the middle of desert.

We need a ES built motor 991 in the US Emre!

Old 01-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor

Hi Emre,

You are welcome to come to our Wanna GO Fast event, it is also a TRUE standing 1/2 mile event...waiting on Jeff to finish his build to break the 200 mph mark...

Manuel