991 Turbo order suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 11:41 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
991 Turbo order suggestions?

Hi all, I've gotta finalize my order in about a week and wondering what your favorite features are, and thoughts on following options:
PDCC- I plan on getting this
Centerlocks - on fence although they are 1/2" wider.
carbon trim- $2000 option?
Sport-Tex seat centers and deviated stitch at no cost.
Std Bose package-
Std interior silver trim- does it annoy you?

Old 03-05-2018, 12:59 PM
pandawest is on a distinguished road
Hi there,

Just built my 991.2 Turbo a few months ago, heading over for euro delivery next week. I could not get a Turbo S allocation so I 'settled' for the Turbo but optioned it up to the point where all its missing is 40hp.

PDCC - I added this as well. It already corners flat but why not.
Centerlocks being 1/2 wider I was not aware but I really don't like the look of these anyway, I think the stock turbo wheels look larger and fill the wheel well space better? Probably just me.
Carbon trim - not a fan, I did the brushed aluminum. Had this in my 991 GTS and loved it. Added the stainless sill guards and aluminum gear selector for a nice over all look.
Sport Tex- so excited about this. It will look great and its different than plain leather interior. Also I think very comfortable and lack of cooled seats doesn't bother me.
Bose? - Once you go Burmester you never go back.
Standard Silver trim...never had it.

I do recommend PCCB - flat fantastic braking, lack of brake dust an added bonus.

My 991 GTS (2015) had steering column cased in leather, without its a little plastic looking so I added on this build.

Kevin

Old 03-05-2018, 05:59 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Great info- good to get another perspective on this. I'm AGONIZING over the wheel choice. I'm on a bit of a budget so I preferred the regular Turbo- wanted AWD - and after test driving one I can't wait!!

To me the Centerlocks look better but I also want to run on winters, I think for the bad months. Not sure the CL's are worth the $3800. I do like the base 5-lug wheels and both are one-piece forged so I doubt there's much weight difference. I have CL's on my GTS and I actually like them.

PCCBs are probably out for me due to budget constraints...I bet you get much more unsprung weight benefit from this option than the wheel choice!

I think PDCC is useful because this car is bigger and heavier than Carreras so I think it will inspire tons of confidence.

I am anguishing over the Burmester as well...

Exciting stuff!

Old 03-05-2018, 08:59 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by chance6
Hi all, I've gotta finalize my order in about a week and wondering what your favorite features are, and thoughts on following options:
- Skip them they are a pain in the A$$
- Skip it generally not appreciated by most at resale - better off investing in full leather interior that will retain its value and add more aesthetically
- See above - full leather and go with 18-way or LWB seats
Std Bose package-
- Sux. If you do this have the PNW Audio guys do the speaker upgrade with group buy on RL
- Red interior is much harder at resale. Black being easiest

Old 03-06-2018, 10:03 AM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
If you’re on a budget you might set a total options price to force you to consider trade-offs and help you hone in on what you really care about. Even stripped these cars are pretty well optioned. Lots of standard features.

If you want winters remember that CLs mean you need winter tires to be CL as well. I have the 5 lug HRE flow forged wheels for my winter tires and they were only ~$600 per corner. I prefer the 5 lug over CL but both are nice.

I went with deviated stitching because I felt the standard black interior is a bit drab. There are a lot of ways to give it life but they are all options.

I went with the Burm. stereo but I really like hifi so I spend more here than typical. Apparently the 991.2 Bose is acceptable to most folks.

Sunroof should be obvious to you. I like the glass as it brings light into the cabin but I am one who thought about a targa.

Check seats by sitting in a few if you haven’t already. The 18 ways were far and away the best for me and I’d likely order the car with that as the only option if I had to pick just one thing. But that depends on your body more than anything.

I love the look of the aerokit but like most of the options it is expensive for what you get, and when I added it I also wanted a few other black bits to complete the look.

I like heated and cooled seats more than I expected.

I really like LCA and never even thought about it until my SA recommended it. It’s not needed but very nicely implemented, gives an extra bit of visual confidence in rare hard-to-see-well circumstances, and I figured if it ever prevents an accident it would then pay for itself many times over.

Don’t get too worried about getting it just right - the core of the car is the same and is awesome. The options are just bonus points and personalization.

You’ll love the car!

Old 03-06-2018, 10:06 AM
pandawest is on a distinguished road
I found this video to be very helpful with the various options on the 991.2:

Kevin

Old 03-06-2018, 11:25 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by chance6
Std Bose package-
PDCC- A must IMO. Had one with it and without it. You won't notice the difference on a test drive immediately, but over the long haul of ownership I definitely noticed a difference between cars with and without it.

Cl- Skip it. Life is easier with 5 lug.

Carbon- I personally love this option. Got it in every one of my Porsches.

I would do the Burm. I think the Burm and PDCC combo will get your car sold quicker on the resale market.... that is if you ever intend to sell it. Most of my friends who bought the 991 Turbo second hand had to have BURM and if they found one with PDCC...it was the cherry on top.

What a decision to have my friend.

Last edited by Fkim011; 03-06-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Buy a Turbo S and be done with it. You will regret a non S.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:31 PM
A Turbo S exactly how I want it would be outside comfortable budget range. Having a new Turbo I can call my own with precise spec is within comfort level.

I skipped the CLs, but went with normal sunroof, PDCC, and the Burmester! Graphite blue metallic.

I am SO stoked!

Old 03-06-2018, 05:35 PM
I'll have to post up the build sheet later- thanks to all for the awesome input!

Old 03-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Qs997Turbo will become famous soon enough
Definitely get the Burmester sound system, and the illuminated doorsills. I would also suggest color seat belts to match the deviated stitching. Mine are yellow on black interior.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Cool suggestions, I may get standard stainless door guards- considering yellow belts as well! Or Chalk belts.
It locks soon so I can't change much more...
After playing my Bose tonight in my GTS the higher sound levels get pretty sloppy. It's the 445 W system. It's either Burm or Centerlocks, but not both.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Jim M. will become famous soon enoughJim M. will become famous soon enough
That's a no brainer for me BURM!

Old 03-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I bought a Turbo S and specifically ordered it with the 5-lug. Had centerlocks before and if its not a racecar, never again.

The Burmester is a must have for me. I have a pretty good ear and the difference with the Bose is really significant.

I order the regular sunroof over the big glass thing.
I ordered lots of extended leather, but specifically got plastic sill trim. Your feet destroy any leather placed there.

Try and spend time in various cars to understand how the materials look in person. I couldnt picture how they'd look based on swatches.

Also make sure to sit in the various seats. (Most) everyone has a seat that fits them. For me it was the 18-way or LWB. The 14-ways feels really bad, much worse than the most basic manual seats in a base Boxster.

The ACC was a must for me when I bought it, but was a big issue on the track until I finally figured how to turn the system off. Some groups won't even let you attend a track day if you have it on the car.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Visceral
I bought a Turbo S and specifically ordered it with the 5-lug. Had centerlocks before and if its not a racecar, never again.

The Burmester is a must have for me. I have a pretty good ear and the difference with the Bose is really significant.

I order the regular sunroof over the big glass thing.
I ordered lots of extended leather, but specifically got plastic sill trim. Your feet destroy any leather placed there.

Try and spend time in various cars to understand how the materials look in person. I couldnt picture how they'd look based on swatches.

Also make sure to sit in the various seats. (Most) everyone has a seat that fits them. For me it was the 18-way or LWB. The 14-ways feels really bad, much worse than the most basic manual seats in a base Boxster.

The ACC was a must for me when I bought it, but was a big issue on the track until I finally figured how to turn the system off. Some groups won't even let you attend a track day if you have it on the car.
Track? Why didn't you just buy a GT3 ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo order suggestions?