Sharkwerkes X Pipe 991,1 turbo

Old 03-13-2018, 03:57 AM
Bbacon is on a distinguished road
Sharkwerkes X Pipe 991,1 turbo

Any feedback on these ? I had them on my 997 S with no issues and as advertised, no drone and much better sound. However , on my 997.2 turbo It developed a misfire under WOT that could not be diagnosed. When I removed the pipes, it diasappeared.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:02 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

I had it on my 997.2 TTS, fits like a glove, but the pipes are rather small...I would go 3" all the way...either Kline or BBI. These cars need to breath and exhale.

Regards,

Manuel

Old 03-16-2018, 04:28 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
I have the Sharkwerks X pipe installed on my 991.1 Turbo S. Exhaust with Tune make a big difference in power. Sound is just right with no drone.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:43 AM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, when I hear X-Pipe, I come from an e39 M5 and an X-Pipe is before the mufflers, this is the product I have experience with:

Shark Werks 991 and 991.2 Turbo / S Exhaust

I had this on my 997.2 Turbo with no issues and have it on my 991.1 with no issues (or misfires). The sound is perfect in my mind and with the sport button OFF, it is louder, but not crazy. I leave early in the morning and I really am not interested in waking up the neighborhood, I like having this option. With sport ON, the de-cel burble is fantastic, I LOVE it and it is worth it's weight in gold. I also did Sharkwerks' EVOMSit software upgrade, I was tempted to go with Cobb as most folks on this forum swear by it, but I have had such good luck with Sharwerks on my 996T and 997.2T, I figured I would go with my personal experience. Alex tells me that their SW is tuned to their exhaust. Besides, Alex and Dan are great . . . and local, big pluses in my mind, I would buy this mod again in a heartbeat-- KH

Old 03-28-2018, 05:43 PM
Bbacon is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the feedback. Went a high flow cat fabspeed system. Gets shipped this week. Keep you posted

Old 04-01-2018, 10:58 AM
RandyC54 will become famous soon enoughRandyC54 will become famous soon enough
You've already made your decision, but I've had Sharkwerks in both my 991.1 and now my 991.2 TTS with no issues. I'm very happy with it, and have had no problems ever.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:03 AM
Tguerrette is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to get Sharkwerks?

Originally Posted by khiroshima
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, when I hear X-Pipe, I come from an e39 M5 and an X-Pipe is before the mufflers, this is the product I have experience with:

Shark Werks 991 and 991.2 Turbo / S Exhaust

I had this on my 997.2 Turbo with no issues and have it on my 991.1 with no issues (or misfires). The sound is perfect in my mind and with the sport button OFF, it is louder, but not crazy. I leave early in the morning and I really am not interested in waking up the neighborhood, I like having this option. With sport ON, the de-cel burble is fantastic, I LOVE it and it is worth it's weight in gold. I also did Sharkwerks' EVOMSit software upgrade, I was tempted to go with Cobb as most folks on this forum swear by it, but I have had such good luck with Sharwerks on my 996T and 997.2T, I figured I would go with my personal experience. Alex tells me that their SW is tuned to their exhaust. Besides, Alex and Dan are great . . . and local, big pluses in my mind, I would buy this mod again in a heartbeat-- KH

Just got a 991 tts and would like to get exhaust and tune.

looking for a recommendation of a place to get it done.

thanks

Old 04-03-2018, 09:26 AM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tguerrette

thanks

Just had Goshan at ECU Tuning works, tune my 991 Turbo S. 1780 #L Old Bayshore Highway,
San Jose, CA 95112
P (408) 768-6802
bayarea@ECUTuningGroup.com

The car is much quicker and If not care all four wheels spin. Had to learn how to drive the car all over again with the extra power.
Next Shark Werks installed a X pipe exhaust. Which give a nice exhaust note and drop at least 15 pounds from the rear.
Thanks to Alex and Jame for a perfect install.

4526 Enterprise Street
Fremont, CA 94538
Mainline: (510) 651-0300
Fax: (510) 743-0232
E-Mail info@sharkwerks.com

Old 04-03-2018, 09:30 AM

thanks

Whatever you do, talk to Sam at By Design before you go looking for a tuner for the 991 TTS. There is no substitute for his experience with this platform.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:06 AM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

I see you are in Saratoga, I'm in LG. Sharkwerks is located in Fremont and is an easy drive, I'd highly recommend them (I did a Yelp review as well)-- KH

Old 04-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bbacon
Thanks for the feedback. Went a high flow cat fabspeed system. Gets shipped this week. Keep you posted
Please keep us posted - excited to hear what you think!

thanks

Check out our 991 Turbo Valvetronic Supersport X-Pipe - a true mild-to-wild option available with either premium HJS 200 Cell Sport Cats or as a Catbypass option. Picks up +25whp/30ft-lbs along with a deep, throaty tone.

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-991...xhaust-system/

We also offer a COBB Accessport V3 handheld tuner along with a custom Fabspeed Protune. We typically see upwards of +100whp with a custom Protune along with driveability improvements - better throttle response and a much smoother, more linear powerband. Really eliminates any dead spots in the power band.

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-991...accessport-v3/

Feel free to shoot me a PM for forum pricing and questions

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 04-03-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:25 AM
Can I get Sam’s contact info?

Originally Posted by RandyC54
Whatever you do, talk to Sam at By Design before you go looking for a tuner for the 991 TTS. There is no substitute for his experience with this platform.
is there a website ?

Old 04-04-2018, 04:48 AM

is there a website ?
https://www.bydesignauto.com/

Old 04-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi guys. Anyone feel free to reach out anytime! It's my pleasure to just help answer any questions at the least based on extensive development, experience and combined knowledge from my team. This community has been great to By Design and I will always be available to pay it back!

Old 05-16-2018, 05:51 PM
PM Sent

Originally Posted by khiroshima
I see you are in Saratoga, I'm in LG. Sharkwerks is located in Fremont and is an easy drive, I'd highly recommend them (I did a Yelp review as well)-- KH
PM Sent

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sharkwerkes X Pipe 991,1 turbo