New VTG Turbo World Record / US 991 Record

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor
SRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these parts
Congrats !

Old 04-16-2018, 06:19 PM
8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Were you and a couple other cars at WGF Dallas this past Saturday? AIM Porsche’s I mean..
Yes. I guess you were there, too?

Old 04-16-2018, 08:07 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Yes! I’m sorry I miss the opportunity to chat with you guys.., I had good intentions, but the day got away from us. We were in the Blue Mclaren 650S. Formally had a 997.2 TTS. Our best pass was 166.1 Saturday and the was on our less than desirable wheel/tire setup, but that’s another story altogether. What’d you guys run? I know both yours, and the white TTS got tons of attention.

I had high hopes of getting Emre to tune our 997.2 TTS but we decided to go the Mclaren route before we got too deep into butchering that car. It only had a catted Europipe, AMS I/C’s and a Cobb custom tune and it ran a best of 10.69 @ 129 mph on MPSS tires. What a fun car that was! Anyway, I didn’t mean to derail your thread, congrats on a stupid fast, and gorgeous car. Take care.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:43 PM
8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !
Yes! I’m sorry I miss the opportunity to chat with you guys.., I had good intentions, but the day got away from us. We were in the Blue Mclaren 650S. Formally had a 997.2 TTS. Our best pass was 166.1 Saturday and the was on our less than desirable wheel/tire setup, but that’s another story altogether. What’d you guys run? I know both yours, and the white TTS got tons of attention.

I had high hopes of getting Emre to tune our 997.2 TTS but we decided to go the Mclaren route before we got too deep into butchering that car. It only had a catted Europipe, AMS I/C’s and a Cobb custom tune and it ran a best of 10.69 @ 129 mph on MPSS tires. What a fun car that was! Anyway, I didn’t mean to derail your thread, congrats on a stupid fast, and gorgeous car. Take care.
Cool. Would have enjoyed chatting. Saw your Mclaren. Nice car, man.

Arkady in the white TTS ran 178mph. He set the US 991 1/2 mile record and we were all very proud of him. Erik in his 997 ran 173 I believe, which was also his personal best. I was hoping to run 180mph, and should have/would have, but had a meth system failure on my first pass at 9:30am that took me out of the fight for the weekend. Oh well. Day drinking while your friends race is fun, too.

Catch you next time...

-Dave

Old 04-18-2018, 12:56 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Hope to see you guys back in Texas next time... I think WGF is going to stay at that particular location for awhile. You know, one point I’d like to make regarding your car’s capibility is how fast it is for how stock it looks. I’m sure you’d hurt some feelings in a street race to an unsuspecting soul.

A low 6 second 1/8th mile pass at over 116mph is insane! I ran my Mac at an 1/8th mile track and it was over a second slower than your pass. Unreal. Sure puts things into perspective on what a VERY FAST car is for sure. Anyway, congrats on the 1/4 mile lap and I look forward to seeing you best those times.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:21 PM
Hope to see you guys back in Texas next time... I think WGF is going to stay at that particular location for awhile. You know, one point I’d like to make regarding your car’s capibility is how fast it is for how stock it looks. I’m sure you’d hurt some feelings in a street race to an unsuspecting soul.

A low 6 second 1/8th mile pass at over 116mph is insane! I ran my Mac at an 1/8th mile track and it was over a second slower than your pass. Unreal. Sure puts things into perspective on what a VERY FAST car is for sure. Anyway, congrats on the 1/4 mile lap and I look forward to seeing you best those times.
Thanks for your kind words!

Old 04-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Gotta quick question for you... what fuel are you running along with meth? MS109? VP100? 93 pump gas? Just curious because I want to experiment in my car on my next drag racing event coming up pretty soon. I think I’m gonna try VP100 to see if it makes any difference at all?!?! Thanks for taking the time to discuss with me.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Gotta quick question for you... what fuel are you running along with meth? MS109? VP100? 93 pump gas? Just curious because I want to experiment in my car on my next drag racing event coming up pretty soon. I think I’m gonna try VP100 to see if it makes any difference at all?!?! Thanks for taking the time to discuss with me.
​​​​​​Have been using 93 pump with VP Octanium octane booster. This record was set using it. Othets have used ms109 with success.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:26 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
I think I’m gonna try VP100 to see if it makes any difference at all?!?!
It will only make a difference if you have a race gas tune that takes advantage of the extra octane. Same tune will mean the same results.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:14 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Congrats! MPH is amazing. Are these transmissions holding up pretty well? I might join in sime time, saw a few cars for just over 100k, fairly affordable.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
Congrats! MPH is amazing. Are these transmissions holding up pretty well? I might join in sime time, saw a few cars for just over 100k, fairly affordable.
Thanks! yes, so far trans is not slipping. Does have pdk trans flash via cobb to increase clamping force.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 9SECDD

Thanks! yes, so far trans is not slipping. Does have pdk trans flash via cobb to increase clamping force.
That is our crutch, but it is definitely doing it's job

Manuel

Old 04-24-2018, 07:23 AM
bsh
bsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to all
Very impressive! What safety Equipment for car and driver must be used to break into the 9`s without being kicked out from track? Any link to the rules?
Thanks