So pulled the trigger! Some questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 08:46 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
So pulled the trigger! Some questions...

Goodbye 2018 GTS cab and July build for aug/sept delivery 2019 911 Turbo S It should be a 2019 yes? even though its not new body style? Got good money for trade and a hefty %back. I had a GT3 offered to me at MSRP however im not a gt3 guy. I know I could have turned it for a hefty profit and or kept it for a while and got all or most of my money back. Thinking Black with black Bordeaux interior with black center seat inserts.
and the usual add ons, entry/exit, Black lights, tinted tails, body color bottom rear valance, rear side intakes, and side rockers ....thinking of basic black not jet black metallic

options im not sure of are aero kit, and burmester
ive had burmester on all my previous ones except the GTS and the Bose sounded pretty darn close to Burm... Bose must have made some changes in the .2 cars?

Does aero kit show up enough on black to justify the 7K or 6K in my case as im doing some body paint on plastic anyhow?

The car with a tune and exhaust is it making some serious power or moderate difference?

I was happy with the GTS and it had the rear wheel steering but not PDCC and it felt to have more verticle movement in it than I typically like. Power with a tune thought felt darn close to regular turbo... but much lighter feeling.

I hope I made the right move... and the right move to go cab and not coupe

suggestions and input

Old 05-30-2018, 09:06 PM
swoobie is on a distinguished road
I have the aerokit on my GT silver and it's certainly more subtle than previous generations. I really like it very much because it is both unique and somewhat subtle.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:07 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!

I like the Burm but hear the bose has gotten better, would probably be identical to your GTS so you’d have a better idea about that than me.

I like PDCC. Sounds like you would too.

I miss a ragtop once in a while. Enjoy the sun and wind in your hair!

Love the aerokit but mine is red and like you say on black it would be more subtle. Great looking IMO though. Also there are aftermarket options if you like any of them, and a few guys have converted their turbos to use GT car parts. The GT3RS conversion looks very aggressive.

Like always they ride high from the factory so you might consider suspension options - anything from springs only to a full overhaul. Also the DSC replacement suspension control unit gets good reviews and interacts with PDCC too.

These cars do make a lot of additional power with just a tune and exhaust, and they put it down incredibly well. The stock exhaust sound is significantly improved over the 991.1 IMHO but it’s quiet and subtle.

I love the antilag feature that is enabled in S+ mode. Just really incredible. With the small VGT turbos the spook up is really quick.

If you want to add ICs and more parts you can turn it into a fire breathing monster. Cobb will be released shortly and Sam at ByDesign has posted some teasers as they’re getting things finalized. He has a lot of satisfied customers. ESMotor is the other big shop building crazy beasts out of these cars and a lot of the guys outside of the USA use his parts. FYI I think there are no OBD based flashes - have to send the ECU in or change it.

These are incredibly good cars out of the box. As far as aftermarket modifications, an exhaust for sound/tone, a tune to unlock the easy power (with Cobb’s option coming shortly), and springs for aesthetics seems to be the short list for a lot of folks.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:25 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Thanks!

very detailed and appreciated

Please direct me to where I can see and possible purchase these GT parts or conversions

Old 05-31-2018, 02:15 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
very detailed and appreciated

Please direct me to where I can see and possible purchase these GT parts or conversions
I can’t find the example I was thinking of, but I found a shop you could reach out to about the costs and difficulty of doing it. I’d assume the cost would be $20k+ if they’re using Porsche parts. It would produce quite an impressive and unique result.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...front-end.html

An example from Germany:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...onversion.html

If you like that direction and would plan to drive the car in anger I’d ask them to evaluate the rear spoiler and underbody to ensure you wouldn’t throw the aero balance of the too far forward and spoil the handling. Aero needs to be considered as a complete package to work properly.

Last edited by _ace_; 05-31-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:20 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I am excited about the Dynamic Boost function- big improvement over 991.1.

I'm the opposite- didn't consider a Cab, and I've never had Burmester. Going Burmester this time and I have heard the Bose 555W system has been improved.

PDCC is a must IMO with a car with this curb weight, and especially with a Cab.

I hope to get mine in 2 weeks or less-

So you got a good discount, and I'm sure you didn't have many miles on your GTS? Low miles helps trade-in big time.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:25 PM
4750 miles. yes pretty good discount .... I was told that cab and coupe handle surprisingly the same.
is this not the case as u see it?

Old 05-31-2018, 08:37 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
That's super low miles, basically new! My GTS only had 13,500 over 3 years.

Yep every article I've read says that the cab and coupe are very similar in handling- really good rigidity for the cab, and with PDCC it will be extremely solid and capable.