Well-I've made the call-new Turbo on the way!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 02:38 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Well-I've made the call-new Turbo on the way!

After test driving both a 2017 Turbo S and a 2018 Turbo, I've made the decision. The mainstay GTS will make way for the future. 2018 Turbo build below. I'm very excited about this. I felt I didn't need a Turbo S, nor did I want the additional financial burden with a new home happening in the next couple years. I'm OK with the regular brakes and I happen to like the base design 5-lug wheels. I did step up in a few other areas...see below. Delivery set to be sometime in June.

For me with an AWD car with more mass, I felt PDCC would be a good-to-have. I loved the feature on my 991.1 S. And after having Bose in so many Carreras, I felt that the Burmester needs to be a worthy step up. It was that or the Centerlock wheels and for me, while my GTS has them and I do love the look, it doesn't really add any measureable performance gain.

I like the look of the Sport Tex and silver stitching, and with that setup, it's zero added cost. I also added leather interior trim because I like the look in black or agate gray and for me, carbon trim is nice but again doesn't add performance. Same goes for headrest crests, illuminated door sills, rear wiper, etc. so I passed on all that stuff. I like the black theme on graphite blue. I'm looking forward to it.

1 991430 911 Turbo 161,800.00
2 A7 Graphite Blue Metallic 0.00
3 TD Leather Interior with Sport-Tex Seat Centers in Black/Dark S 0.00
4 342 Seat Heating (Front) 0.00
5 352 Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
6 446 Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest 190.00
7 489 Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel 0.00
8 497 Preparation Rear Model Designation Painted 0.00
9 581 Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell 0.00
10 625 Porsche Entry & Drive 1,100.00
11 630 Light Design Package 510.00
12 651 Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof 1,500.00
13 748 Power Folding Side Mirrors 330.00
14 9VJ Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System 3,710.00
15 CGU Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Deviated Exterior Color 300.00
16 CWL "PORSCHE" Logo Painted 380.00
17 EKC Leather Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior 1,100.00
18 P07 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package 1,150.00
19 QH1 Voice Control 0.00
20 X70 Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel 380.00
21 XEY LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System P 1,110.00
22 XYB Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish 160.00
23 ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest

Old 04-15-2018, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Very nice and props for getting it exactly how you want it! June is right around the corner!

Old 04-15-2018, 03:40 PM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:21 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Great build!

But no seat ventilation?

Old 04-15-2018, 06:22 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
I can’t decide between the 991.2 turboS or a 4GTS. What made you decide Turbo vs GTS?

Old 04-15-2018, 07:25 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Hey George M, well I drove a new GTS, a 4GTS Cab, Turbo, and Turbo S. To me the actual 3.8 Turbo is an absolute hammer and is just spectacular to drive. The 4GTS I drove was awesome too, but for me it made more sense to not downsize engine and instead go 3.8 Turbo, with the even wider body, bigger brakes, and that awesome wing in the back!

Old 05-04-2018, 02:44 PM
BulldogR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats! Mind if I ask what, if any, discounts were available for your build? I am in the market as well for a non-s.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:24 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BulldogR6
Congrats! Mind if I ask what, if any, discounts were available for your build? I am in the market as well for a non-s.
Though they say there are not many out there and they are not making any more, I was able to pull off an 8% discount on a TurboS they had at Porsche of Conshohocken. They had a nicely speced preowned one there also. Todd Smith helped me and was fabulous. Even the transport driver said he has never been to a high end car dealer that was so helpful as they were. Had put a deposit on one at Champion, with a 4% discount in Florida and now I am having trouble getting it back. I am not impressed with those people there at this point. Glad I went with Todd Smith at Conshohocken. Anyway, there are plenty of discounts out there, just ask!

Old 05-05-2018, 12:12 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
I am sure you will enjoy the heck out of this car. If it doesn't seem fast enough after a couple of months, give Sam a call. He can take care of that.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:49 PM
BulldogR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by georgemaser

Though they say there are not many out there and they are not making any more, I was able to pull off an 8% discount on a TurboS they had at Porsche of Conshohocken. They had a nicely speced preowned one there also. Todd Smith helped me and was fabulous. Even the transport driver said he has never been to a high end car dealer that was so helpful as they were. Had put a deposit on one at Champion, with a 4% discount in Florida and now I am having trouble getting it back. I am not impressed with those people there at this point. Glad I went with Todd Smith at Conshohocken. Anyway, there are plenty of discounts out there, just ask!
thanks for the insight. Tried to PM you with some Qs but can’t for some reason. Don’t want to thread jack the OP.

Back to the original post! Congrats!

Old 05-05-2018, 07:41 PM

thanks for the insight. Tried to PM you with some Qs but can’t for some reason. Don’t want to thread jack the OP.

Back to the original post! Congrats!
My email is masergeorge@gmail.com
I would be happy to answer your questions

Old 05-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by shifter_
Great build!

But no seat ventilation?

Thanks! Yeah I don't really care about seat Ventilation, plus adds a little weight. Ha

In my climate, seat heating is preferred. Heck I almost didn't get a sunroof!

Old 05-08-2018, 09:57 PM

Varies by dealer. Not too many allocations is what they all tell me. I got about 4% on an ordered car. A couple other dealers wouldn't give my any discount. It was tough to get an allocation.

Now a CPO car on the lot or new car on the lot, I'd bet you can get more than that. Maybe 6%? I'd say if you get that it's a victory.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor
SRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the turbo purchase.

Last edited by SRM Engineering; 05-23-2018 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:22 AM
NAVYTNS is on a distinguished road
Congrats. Awesome build sheet. Post pics when it comes in. I too Made the decision to go TT vs TTS and have been very happy with that decision. I will also second the comment about giving Sam a call in a few months to get your car exactly where you want it from a performance perspective.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well-I've made the call-new Turbo on the way!