6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo-172/)
-   -   Can’t get my deposit back from Champion Porsche (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo/420261-canit-get-my-deposit-back-champion-porsche.html)

georgemaser 05-07-2018 08:26 PM

Can’t get my deposit back from Champion Porsche

I was going to purchase a new 2018 911 turbo S from Marco at Champion Porsche and put a $1000 deposit on the vehicle. Shortly after that I found a similar equipped car at another dealer that was willing to give me a better price on it (8% off vs 4%). I gave him the opportunity to meet the price but he said they couldn’t and understood if I took the other vehicle. I asked him to please refund my deposit and after 4 weeks of phone calls and emails it still hasn’t been refunded. I have spoken to my credit card company and they will resolve the issue but I thought Champion was a legitimate dealer. They certainly have lost any future business from me.

RandyC54 05-08-2018 10:52 AM

You should post about this on Porsche forums!

chance6 05-08-2018 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by georgemaser (Post 4713959)
I was going to purchase a new 2018 911 turbo S from Marco at Champion Porsche and put a $1000 deposit on the vehicle. Shortly after that I found a similar equipped car at another dealer that was willing to give me a better price on it (8% off vs 4%). I gave him the opportunity to meet the price but he said they couldn’t and understood if I took the other vehicle. I asked him to please refund my deposit and after 4 weeks of phone calls and emails it still hasn’t been refunded. I have spoken to my credit card company and they will resolve the issue but I thought Champion was a legitimate dealer. They certainly have lost any future business from me.

Some deposits are non-refundable.

longboarder 05-09-2018 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by chance6
Some deposits are non-refundable.

That's what I was going to ask. For a small deposit like $1,000 it very well might be non-refundable. I got a larger deposit back on a GT2RS recently because the dealer couldn't perform. But I made sure that the deposit slip said "at MSRP" so I could get it back even if the ADM ask made it unaffordable to me.

chance6 05-09-2018 04:17 PM

It might even vary by dealer. I put $3000 on my Turbo order and it is non-refundable. Either I take the car or else!!

Markblackwell 05-09-2018 04:38 PM

I also have a deposit on a car which the dealer has not been able to deliver as if yet If a allocation is not given to me then yes I would get my deposit back. If you actually order a car then dont take delivery of it then I would not expect to get that deposit back.

RandyC54 05-10-2018 07:21 AM

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking" - J.C. Watts (1996). If you agree to buy a car at a price and put down your deposit, then you back out later due to renegotiation, walk away from the deposit. Don't look to destroy a company's brand by trashing them on forums. Were I the dealer, I'd refund your money to shut you up, but not because you deserve it. Entitlement by the consumer started with Sears Roebuck and Company, but now everybody takes advantage of businesses due to a perversion of that famous "the customer is always right" advantage some people misappropriate. (and Sears is about out of business today)

Bobbyfali 05-10-2018 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by RandyC54 (Post 4714479)
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking" - J.C. Watts (1996). If you agree to buy a car at a price and put down your deposit, then you back out later due to renegotiation, walk away from the deposit. Don't look to destroy a company's brand by trashing them on forums. Were I the dealer, I'd refund your money to shut you up, but not because you deserve it. Entitlement by the consumer started with Sears Roebuck and Company, but now everybody takes advantage of businesses due to a perversion of that famous "the customer is always right" advantage some people misappropriate. (and Sears is about out of business today)

Great quote and I 2nd your post!

To the OP, before I assume & write my next thoughts, did you have a signed bill of sale?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

Big Swole 05-10-2018 06:05 PM

It should be real simple. What did you sign and does it say, "Refundable" or "Non-Refundable"?

chance6 05-10-2018 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by RandyC54 (Post 4714479)

+1 to that. The customer IS NOT always right.

BLOWN SRT 05-11-2018 02:48 AM

They are, if you care about your business...IMO

RandyC54 05-11-2018 08:05 AM

The OP has disappeared from this and other forums, so I deduce he's just trolling the dealer after tossing the initial hand grenade. Makes it even worse, and less credible.

sdg1871 05-11-2018 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by RandyC54
The OP has disappeared from this and other forums, so I deduce he's just trolling the dealer after tossing the initial hand grenade. Makes it even worse, and less credible.

Indeed. I have dealt extensively with their motor sports division for the modifications on my 911 Turbo and they have always been standup guys and very reasonably priced.

Boosted TTS 05-13-2018 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by sdg1871 (Post 4714723)
Indeed. I have dealt extensively with their motor sports division for the modifications on my 911 Turbo and they have always been standup guys and very reasonably priced.

Can’t agree more!

Manuel

georgemaser 05-13-2018 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by RandyC54 (Post 4714720)

I am still here. I just work a lot and don’t get to spend a lot of time on these site. To clear things up, I never signed a contract and just gave a REFUNDABLE deposit to Marco at Champion for a car that they had coming in. After finding a different vehicle for a 8% discount vs 4% discount that met my specs I called him and asked for my deposit back (car still wasn’t at dealer). After several attempts at emailing and calling Marco my salesman and the finance manager,weeks passed so I called my credit card company to resolve it. I then called one more time and talked with Cindy Lopez who finally took car of it.
I am not trying talk bad about a dealer, but trying to worn other people of this experience.
Marco at Champion is, as my kids would say, ‘sketchy’!