Anyone switch from 911 Turbo to GT3? Harry Da Hamster is at an impasse, need advise

Old 05-21-2018, 11:52 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Not gonna lie, Adam. I just watched your McLaren 720S kill on Youtube and your 991 Turbo S is pretty much the only thing that makes me second guess the GT3...
Haha glad I could be a bad influence

True the Turbo S is much faster straight line and also a bit quicker around circuits, but I still enjoy the GT3 much more. The two cars are very different even tho have many similarities that the general public probably is clueless to the differences.

If you straight up want to be fast, the Turbo S (particularly with the correct mods) is for you. If you are more about the experience, GT3 is the one.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
I am in the same boat, but will go for a 991.2 TURBO S with minimal mods. I can still buy a gt3rs 991.2 for sticker if I want to.

cup2 265/325 (maybe another set of hoosiers if available R20), a bit more camber
girodisc, pagid pads and castrol srf
springs, maybe dcs controller later on
WMI only for cooling
exhaust and tune
OEM bucket seats + harness bar + 6pct harness

when gt2rs parts going to be available, maybe adding some aero from oem gt2rs

Old 05-27-2018, 06:31 AM
NAVYTNS is on a distinguished road
I have a buddy that had a turbo and went to the GT3. He drove his turbo frequently before switching. After he bought the GT3 he seemed to drive his cayenne a lot more. After 6months of ownership and less than a 1000 miles he sold his gt3. Said it was a great car for the track but he felt it was just getting beat up (him included) driving on Midwest roads. He told me he felt like he had to drive the gt3 like he stole it vs enjoying his turbo driving characteristics.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:39 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Interesting that you mention this. Recently I put the N1 spec Cup2's on my 991.1 GT3. Def an improvement over the N0's. I also put N0 spec Cup2's on my Turbo S (previously was running stock PZeros or mismatch with r888 rears for airstrip events) to see how much the Cup2's would improve the car. I don't have many miles on the Turbo S with the Cup2's so I can't do a full assessment but regardless I'm not sure tires can transform the Turbo S enough to get it there.

It's not just the engine/sound...it's everything...the pdk, weight reduction, suspension, precision, etc makes the engagement next level. Go drive mclaren, ferrari, lambo, etc and you get into a GT3 and you think it's right up there with cars costing twice as much.
This right here. It isn’t the tires. I owned a 15 TT on PZero’s they to Super Sports and then to Cup2’s. Then I moved on to a 15 GT3 on Cup2’s. It’s not the tires that can make the TT comparable.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.