Aftermarket exhaust for 991.2 turboS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 10:45 AM
pep71 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by georgemaser
I just got a 991.2 turboS and am enjoying it more then I thought I would. I came from a ferrari F12, before that a FF, and Aston Martin V12 Vantage. I wanted something less flashy. The FF was great but more of a replacement for my 2014 Panamera TTS (which I still have and love). The Vantage was raw but single clutch transmission stunk! You had to let up on the gas while shifting and the car was not planted. Traction was terrible when accelerating. The Ferrari F12 was a beast but in a linear way. The car felt big and didn’t take the corners like I thought it should. I did end up selling it after only putting 1000 miles on it so maybe I just didn’t give it a chance but the smile on my face to the payments I was making didn’t do it for me! I love my PTTS so I thought I would get a 911TTS. The 911 TurboS seems to be checking all my boxes except exhaust note. What is a good after market exhaust that keeps the gurgles while letting off the gas but just makes things a bit louder without being obnoxious? My dealer has put in the Fabspeed systems. Does anyone have experience with this
one? Thank you for any input.
Hi

I have the same car and have a fabspeed with valve tronic which sounds very nice and loud and yes people here you coming. If you want something a little less I recommend Akrapovic. In fact, I have a system that I am selling 1/2 price. PM if interested.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:47 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by georgemaser
I just got a 991.2 turboS and am enjoying it more then I thought I would. I came from a ferrari F12, before that a FF, and Aston Martin V12 Vantage. I wanted something less flashy. The FF was great but more of a replacement for my 2014 Panamera TTS (which I still have and love). The Vantage was raw but single clutch transmission stunk! You had to let up on the gas while shifting and the car was not planted. Traction was terrible when accelerating. The Ferrari F12 was a beast but in a linear way. The car felt big and didn’t take the corners like I thought it should. I did end up selling it after only putting 1000 miles on it so maybe I just didn’t give it a chance but the smile on my face to the payments I was making didn’t do it for me! I love my PTTS so I thought I would get a 911TTS. The 911 TurboS seems to be checking all my boxes except exhaust note. What is a good after market exhaust that keeps the gurgles while letting off the gas but just makes things a bit louder without being obnoxious? My dealer has put in the Fabspeed systems. Does anyone have experience with this
one? Thank you for any input.
Although I haven't done it yet, the Kline exhaust has the best sound to me, but it is subjective as you'll find out from your thread.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:23 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Europipe

Just spoke with Stef and they have a stage 2 exhaust

larger pipes with 50 cel custom cats
that HAS to be an amazing exhaust

Old 05-27-2018, 06:04 AM
NAVYTNS is on a distinguished road
George- It’s a good place to be deciding on which aftermarket exhaust system to go with as there are so many great ones to choose from. I would recommend making a list of what is most important to you (in ranking order) and go from there. For example....

Do you road trip, then certainly you want a system that doesn’t have drone (and or still allows you to use your Bluetooth for phone conversations).
Do you want a full system (ie headers, cats (or no cats), and exhaust. No cats means you will need a tune to avoid CEL’s.
Do you want a system that when you start your car in the morning all your neighbors know you are leaving or do you want something more subdued (ie only comes alive when you step on the gas).
Wife proof- do you want something that your spouse is going to be cool with when going on date night or do you want something that gets you noticed at every stoplight.
Budget -enough said.

I was In the same position as you about 6months age. Exhaust sound is very subjective so try and listen to as many systems as you can. Just be aware that on-line videos typical don’t do exhaust systems justice.

Here are the systems I considered:
Kline (both SS and inconel)
Akrapovic
Europipe

After much reading and talking to people I went with Kline SS with HJS 200 cell racing cats (to avoid CEL’s) but also purchased the straight pipes so I could change in the future (with a tune to avoid CEL’s) if I want to. My budget didn’t allow for the Inconel but if it had I would have gone with that material.

Happy searching....

Old 05-28-2018, 12:20 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pep71
Hi

I have the same car and have a fabspeed with valve tronic which sounds very nice and loud and yes people here you coming. If you want something a little less I recommend Akrapovic. In fact, I have a system that I am selling 1/2 price. PM if interested.

i might have a friend interested in the akrapovic. kindly PM me the details

Old 07-04-2018, 08:32 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
Had my new ‘18 tts cab for about a month now and only this missing is the exhaust note. Similar to the original poster, I’m also keeping a ‘14 tt Panamera which has the sport exhaust. By listening to the different clips, I’m thinking Kline would be closest to the PSE which is what I’m shooting for.

I’m out in the middle of nowhere and have to ship the car in to Dallas for some warranty work already - anyone know of a good shop in Dallas to have the exhaust installed?

Old 07-04-2018, 09:52 AM
pandawest is on a distinguished road
Anyone try the TT / TTS exhaust from Shark Werks? I don't see anyone mentioning it, wondering if there is a reason. Install looks clean and simple retaining stock look and parts, price seems reasonable. I have a 2018 Turbo looking for better sound like everyone else. Thanks

Kevin

Old 07-05-2018, 10:57 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lizard1
Had my new ‘18 tts cab for about a month now and only this missing is the exhaust note. Similar to the original poster, I’m also keeping a ‘14 tt Panamera which has the sport exhaust. By listening to the different clips, I’m thinking Kline would be closest to the PSE which is what I’m shooting for.

I’m out in the middle of nowhere and have to ship the car in to Dallas for some warranty work already - anyone know of a good shop in Dallas to have the exhaust installed?
Growler Motorlabs too... formally COBB Plano. As mentioned by another post, RAC and Porsche Plano.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
My second recommendation after the iPE unit would be Akrapovic. More expensive than all that others but what you get from it is the best quality exhaust system period. Along with the premium craftsmanship you gain both incredible sounds and power. I have everything in-stock ready to ship and with special pricing for 6Speed Members - David@WheelsBoutique.com

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:08 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pandawest
Anyone try the TT / TTS exhaust from Shark Werks? I don't see anyone mentioning it, wondering if there is a reason. Install looks clean and simple retaining stock look and parts, price seems reasonable. I have a 2018 Turbo looking for better sound like everyone else. Thanks

Kevin
I'm running Sharkwerks exhaust and ETG tune. The car is very fast with just the right sound. 991.1 Turbo S 2015.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
In the top video - what causes the popping when letting off the gas? Is that at all damaging to the cats or exhaust? Is something wearing or burning?

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Let me know if I can help anyone out on the Kline questions or anything in general. We have quite a few great offerings and I can gladly go over all the details with you in a consultation. Including my guarantee.

These are a few of of my favorite videos of the Kline Inconel full system...

https://youtu.be/0Fb9fzCxDEo

https://youtu.be/3DmyQzFNRnI

Old 07-12-2018, 05:10 AM
hcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to behold
After listening to many systems I went with Kline, from Sam, could not be more pleased, nice when you want it to be, and nasty when you press the stupid pedal past half way

Old 07-16-2018, 08:22 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
video sound clips please! Cant wait, emailed Stef last night and awaiting instructions to put on my car immediately after deliver middle of september

Old 07-16-2018, 11:19 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
After installing and pulling 5 different exhausts I'm happy with a Kline "loud" with their headers and 100-cell cats.

It's louder than the Euro-pipe and has the same zero-drone. Anything louder (GMG, BBi, Sharwerks, etc) had some drone under some loads at some RPM.

It sounds best with the cat bypass pipes, but thats not how I drive it off-track.

The headers quiet it 2db at idle (less rumble ), but the full song under boost goes up 4db.

Last edited by Visceral; 07-16-2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:41 AM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
Visceral - did you try out the Stage 2 Europipe?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket exhaust for 991.2 turboS