Color and build questions poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 04:03 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Color and build questions poll

So I don't know how to create a poll that has a way to calculate results so I'm asking

19 turbo s cab

white, metallic white, chalk, or black
aero kit black or body color
burmester or stock Bose

I've got rest figured out..

ty in advance

Old 06-04-2018, 07:06 PM
swoobie is on a distinguished road
With chalk or white, the gloss black aerokit looks great, otherwise, paint it to match car...

I've not heard the bose and have the burmester in my 991.2. It has not impressed me. Very hard to tune and frequency response drops off dramatically under 70-80hz

Old 06-05-2018, 09:47 AM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
Black, Aerokit to match and Bose.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Odonnks is on a distinguished road
The 911, especially the Cab is not designed for great acoustics. Save a few dollars and go with the Bose instead of the Burm.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:46 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Odonnks
The 911, especially the Cab is not designed for great acoustics. Save a few dollars and go with the Bose instead of the Burm.
Jeff and I both know how terrific Burmester sounds in Panameras.....

Old 06-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
true true

Old 06-08-2018, 06:20 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I ordered my turbo with Burmester, however haven't heard it in a 911 yet. I get a mixed bag of answers here. Some swear by it in a 911; in fact I think most love their Burmester system in the 911.

Aerokit is pricey and you really have to like the look to take the dip IMO.

On a cab...chalk looks fabulous IMO...but you're paying extra for that again.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:28 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chance6
I ordered my turbo with Burmester, however haven't heard it in a 911 yet. I get a mixed bag of answers here. Some swear by it in a 911; in fact I think most love their Burmester system in the 911.

Aerokit is pricey and you really have to like the look to take the dip IMO.

On a cab...chalk looks fabulous IMO...but you're paying extra for that again.
IMO I would spec Burmester before the aerokit.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:05 PM
what about sunroof on a CHALK coupe? glass sunroof or body color sunroof?

Old 06-11-2018, 03:16 PM
AviBen is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
what about sunroof on a CHALK coupe? glass sunroof or body color sunroof?
I have the glass sunroof on my chalk TTS coupe. It looks great with chalk (and as I've previously mentioned in other threads I think the glass sunroof provides the most open and airy feeling of any sunroof I've ever had).

As I've posted before, the chalk looks so good in person that I traded in a 2017 for a 2018 just to get the chalk exterior.

I bought mine already heavily optioned off the showroom floor. It has deviated stitching, deviated seat centers front and back (chalk on black), and carbon fiber packages outside and inside. If I were to order a new one, the only thing I'd change is that I'd get the outside door handles in gloss black. I did that on my yellow Boxster GTS and the contrast looks great.

Last edited by AviBen; 06-11-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:22 PM
Chalk

pictures please

Old 06-11-2018, 03:29 PM
pictures please
Sorry about that -- I've only had it four days and I haven't yet taken decent pics of it. It's hard to get pics that do the Chalk justice. I'll post soon. If you've seen Fashion Grey, which is a gorgeous color that arrests one's attention, Chalk is very similar except slightly lighter and with very faint warm undertones. My wife says she thinks the car looks like porcelain.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Chalk

I was going to do the Bordeaux black interior however I’m interested to see what the black interior with chalk inserts looks like what color did you do the gauges and belts and did you do deviated stitching

Old 06-11-2018, 03:34 PM
I was going to do the Bordeaux black interior however I’m interested to see what the black interior with chalk inserts looks like what color did you do the gauges and belts and did you do deviated stitching
The gauges and belts are all standard black (which would have been my preference anyway). It has deviated stitching throughout (chalk on black). Looks classy with the carbon fiber. (Remember, I didn't order the car, my wife and I fell in love with it in the showroom.) As for black and bordeaux, I think it would look wonderful with the Chalk exterior.