Top Speed Run- What to Know

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 10:29 AM
UTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
That could be. The officer doing the radar did say that his gun wouldn't be as accurate at our speeds but that it would be consistent across the cars relative to each other.

Holding the pedal down and not worrying about a ticket was a nice change.

Originally Posted by Markblackwell
at 200mph our speedo's are off by about 5-6mph so if your were reading 184 then the 178 radar was probably close to the correct speed.

Looks like alot of fun theres nothing like holding the go pedal down a long time to wake you up.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:32 AM
UTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Agree about shifting. There are a lot of things I can do to improve next time- always appreciate your help on this stuff!

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Nice C! Looks like you stared getting the hang of it and having fun. After watching the video you could probably get a little more speed shifting around 6500 with stock turbos and a headwind. We could also make a map that will benefit that event starting at 100+ You killed it though and kudos for the charity support!

Agreed on the radar and we like it that way with cop radars haha

Old 06-27-2018, 11:02 AM
I have been scratching my head about the speed too. You can see the odometer in my video.
First run- I come out of the second turn at 103.7 (trip odometer) and hit the police truck at 104.7.
I can usually hit 156 mph in a half mile from a stop so it doesn't feel right that I roll into mile long long straight at over 100mph and only end up around 180mph. And you mention, there are people who have run higher speeds in standing mile events. But that's how it went. Still fun.

Here's a list of the first heat below (I'm #40). No one seemed to have a great day in terms of top end speed. The supercharged 800whp Audi R8 in front of me was "for sure going to hit 200" but came in 2 mph slower than me. We had a 1000hp Hefner Twin Turbo Ford GT that "only" made it to 192. The 918 guys ran in the mid 170's. Maybe it's Utah...

Originally Posted by shifter_
You sure it was a mile from the last turn to the gun? 178 seems very disappointing. I did 190.2 with a Stage 2 car in the standing mile.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:40 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Oh if you're at high altitude that makes all the difference. What was the DA during your run?

​​​​

Old 06-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Good call. It's bad up here. Some people seem to think turbo cars are less affected by altitude, but my experience is that it really dings you.
I'm not sure what the DA was on race day. But today it's over 8000 so I would guess something comparable.

Originally Posted by shifter_
Oh if you're at high altitude that makes all the difference. What was the DA during your run?

​​​​

Last edited by UTPorsche; 06-27-2018 at 08:26 PM.