Development of the Fastest 991 Turbo in the US - TSM Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Hats off guys, that's a seriously impressive build.

Nice to see that level of detail and planning put into the bottom end and head work. Well done!

Old 07-02-2018, 04:39 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Glad to see there is this level of builds going on for the 991 market. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Way to go Jeff and the TSM team, car has come a long ways!

Old 07-12-2018, 02:45 AM
GTRS Orange is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Way to go Jeff and the TSM team, car has come a long ways!
Thank you! This build was carefully thought out in collaboration between Cicio and myself. I learned a lot and there is stuff I'll never understand. However, I'm extreamly happy with the professionalism and patience that Topspeed has with me. Many custom tricks used on the car from all the experiance running GTR's!!! Its going to get faster......and still running PDK!!!!!

Jeff

Old 07-16-2018, 12:17 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Things just got REAL for this platform in North America!!

Congrats TSM!

Old 07-23-2018, 11:21 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! I wonder if this technology will be transferable to the 992 platform?

Old 07-23-2018, 02:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robmd99
Congrats! I wonder if this technology will be transferable to the 992 platform?
Time will tell. I'm sure even if there are some slight modifications needed that it will be possible.

-FASTEST 991 Turbo in the WORLD: 201.97 MPH
-HIGHEST HP 991 in the WORLD: 1287whp
-991 Turbo S Build Thread
-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
-Complete in House Builds
Old 07-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Things just got REAL for this platform in North America!!

Congrats TSM!

Thank you!!!! We can't wait to keep pushing the platform!

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 07-23-2018, 05:11 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Are you going to run it in the 1/4 mile or strictly a half-mile racer? Awesome results, you have set the bar high!

Old 07-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Stage7
Are you going to run it in the 1/4 mile or strictly a half-mile racer? Awesome results, you have set the bar high!

We are 100% going to drag race the car however I feel it’s a bigger risk to the trans than half mile racing and I really really want the half mile world record before taking that risk.

So after we go 200 in the half we will attack the drag strip!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:44 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
What is the 1/2 mile record for a 991 I'm pretty sure you and Jeff already have it

Old 07-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
What is the 1/2 mile record for a 991 I'm pretty sure you and Jeff already have it

World wide ES went 200 on the dot at a half mile in the Middle East. I'm not sure which one but that is the benchmark right now for me.

Not to mention I just want to go 200 in the half! LOL

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 07-25-2018, 09:57 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Cicio
im pretty sure they went 200 but I don't know if that was the 991 with a metzger motor in it?

Old 07-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Cicio
im pretty sure they went 200 but I don't know if that was the 991 with a metzger motor in it?
The fake 991 with the Metzger engine and sequential trans went 219mph I believe. It was that same event that the actual 991 went 200.xx mph

The 997 engine obviously had a lot more development time as well as not being direct injected and not having the PDK limitation. Awesome accomplishment by them but not what I'm aiming for.

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 07-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Cicio@TSM
The fake 991 with the Metzger engine and sequential trans went 219mph I believe. It was that same event that the actual 991 went 200.xx mph

The 997 engine obviously had a lot more development time as well as not being direct injected and not having the PDK limitation. Awesome accomplishment by them but not what I'm aiming for.
when and where is the next event? Good luck hope you bring the record back here to Merica!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Development of the Fastest 991 Turbo in the US - TSM Build Thread