Having fun under the sun - GT2 RS vs 991.2 TTS (tune and bolt on’s)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Having fun under the sun - GT2 RS vs 991.2 TTS (tune and bolt on’s)

Enjoy!

Manuel

Old 07-03-2018, 09:21 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Looks like the RS won?

Old 07-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for the bad video quality, but the 991.2 TTS wins!

Old 07-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
how much does he 991.2 RS trap?

Old 07-04-2018, 03:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Thanks for the post Manuel!

It is one of the cars i remotely tuned in Puerto Rico about 3 weeks ago.

It has Syvecs standalone and bolt-ons. (still stock VTGs though)

This 991.2tts traps around 138-140mph in hot weather, dont know about RS.

Cheers
Emre

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 07-05-2018, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Thanks for the post Manuel!

It is one of the cars i remotely tuned in Puerto Rico about 3 weeks ago.

It has Syvecs standalone and bolt-ons. (still stock VTGs though)

This 991.2tts traps around 138-140mph in hot weather, dont know about RS.

Cheers
Emre
Correct, you worked with Tony @ TPerf who is one of my best friends in PR.

Manuel

Old 07-07-2018, 08:01 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
That GT2 RS gets off the line hard! Mad respect to Porsche for getting a RWD car to do that.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
WD cars

Originally Posted by longboarder
That GT2 RS gets off the line hard! Mad respect to Porsche for getting a RWD car to do that.
My RWD 911s came out of the hole as hard as my AWD cars. When these cars launch, with all the weight out back from the engine, the front tires are doing essentially nothing to help.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:58 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
My RWD 911s came out of the hole as hard as my AWD cars. When these cars launch, with all the weight out back from the engine, the front tires are doing essentially nothing to help.
Hi Divexxtreme. Which RWD cars? I'm curious just because I have done hundreds of airstrip launches in a 997.2 and 991 Turbo S over the years and nothing has been able to keep up...not even the 1,XXX AWD cars on DRs (referring to something like 0-100mph). Of course these are unprepped surfaces like the one in the OPs video link. The AWD 911's are amazing in unprepped/poor surfaces.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:57 AM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
I own two of these, one track and one street....

Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't think any car manufacturer will ever beat that sound. Much less the 17,000 RPM superbike 600 I have (makes over 140 wheel horsepower N/A on VP MR12).

Last edited by solipsistik; 07-08-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hi Divexxtreme. Which RWD cars? I'm curious just because I have done hundreds of airstrip launches in a 997.2 and 991 Turbo S over the years and nothing has been able to keep up...not even the 1,XXX AWD cars on DRs (referring to something like 0-100mph). Of course these are unprepped surfaces like the one in the OPs video link. The AWD 911's are amazing in unprepped/poor surfaces.
What I’m saying is this; if you were to convert your 991 to RWD (like I did with my 1,000hp 996TT back in the day), you’d launch as quickly as you do right now. It’s the weight over the rear tires, the gearbox, the torque, and the launch control software that’s responsible for how hard these cars launch. Hence the reason PDK GT3s and the GT2RS launch so hard as well. The front tires on our AWD cars are, for all intents and purposes, doing nothing meaningful doing a hard launch since they barely have any weight on them, and in some cases, are barely touching the ground when the front end raises.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
What I’m saying is this; if you were to convert your 991 to RWD (like I did with my 1,000hp 996TT back in the day), you’d launch as quickly as you do right now. It’s the weight over the rear tires, the gearbox, the torque, and the launch control software that’s responsible for how hard these cars launch. Hence the reason PDK GT3s and the GT2RS launch so hard as well. The front tires on our AWD cars are, for all intents and purposes, doing nothing meaningful doing a hard launch since they barely have any weight on them, and in some cases, are barely touching the ground when the front end raises.
You may be right but I have never seen this. I do a lot of vbox testing on street and airstrip (poor) surfaces and i can get some insane low 2 second 0-60's and 0-100mph mid to high 4 seconds with the bolt on Turbo S with street tires on any road. I also have a 991 GT3 and I do the same tests on Cup 2's both N0 spec and now N1 spec with lowered pressures and I can't come anywhere close to what the AWD Turbo S can achieve. Yes the GT3 has less power but even launching to lower speeds 0-20 or 0-30mph the Turbo S gets there much quicker. No spin just rockets away every time it's amazing!