720S vs 991 TTS...crossing the border!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 10:05 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Manuel,
That was a quick beat down you would have dissapeared on him had you both stayed in it. Congrats on the kill

Old 08-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Manuel,
That was a quick beat down you would have dissapeared on him had you both stayed in it. Congrats on the kill
Thank you my friend, can't wait to see your beast on the kill!

Manuel

Old 08-14-2018, 05:09 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I have been waiting for so long to see a stg 4/5 991 on pump/meth or even a E85 997.1 (upgraded VTG's) vs a 720s from a roll!!

I am a little speechless!! To pull down a 720s from a roll like that is crazy!

My goal is that I have to be able to pull all stock production cars (out side of $1 000 000 plus cars) and each year it seams to be getting harder and harder, but the 720s was the last machine that I thought I need to go Alpha's! This is the only production car that I was wondering if I could even hang with & after watching this video gives me hope!

Where you on pump and meth or race gas and meth?

I am not doubting the validity of your pulls at all, but based on the initial hit of the video and your comments about leaving so hard 2-3 other times the 720 would just let off, Was he in the right gear and or did he just floor it then expected the car to gear down on third honk as you just pulled out?

What did the driver of the 720s say?

Just making sure as that kill was impressive & as one day I would like to have a 720s in my garage.

That goes to show you that you can not just look at numbers at a track or 60-130, traps speed at the 1/4 all the time!! Your low end tq just pulled you out of "harms way" so hard, but if you just looked at the, "numbers", it would of been a dead even race. As his "turbo" power was building like a N/A car you laid the smack down with a FAT and flat like Canadian prairies real TURBO power band. Like I always say, just line them up door to door and see what happens!

Congrats man!! Impressed, just impressed!

Old 08-14-2018, 06:28 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I have been waiting for so long to see a stg 4/5 991 on pump/meth or even a E85 997.1 (upgraded VTG's) vs a 720s from a roll!!

I am a little speechless!! To pull down a 720s from a roll like that is crazy!

My goal is that I have to be able to pull all stock production cars (out side of $1 000 000 plus cars) and each year it seams to be getting harder and harder, but the 720s was the last machine that I thought I need to go Alpha's! This is the only production car that I was wondering if I could even hang with & after watching this video gives me hope!

Where you on pump and meth or race gas and meth?

I am not doubting the validity of your pulls at all, but based on the initial hit of the video and your comments about leaving so hard 2-3 other times the 720 would just let off, Was he in the right gear and or did he just floor it then expected the car to gear down on third honk as you just pulled out?

What did the driver of the 720s say?

Just making sure as that kill was impressive & as one day I would like to have a 720s in my garage.

That goes to show you that you can not just look at numbers at a track or 60-130, traps speed at the 1/4 all the time!! Your low end tq just pulled you out of "harms way" so hard, but if you just looked at the, "numbers", it would of been a dead even race. As his "turbo" power was building like a N/A car you laid the smack down with a FAT and flat like Canadian prairies real TURBO power band. Like I always say, just line them up door to door and see what happens!

Congrats man!! Impressed, just impressed!
Hi Bobby,

Hope that you are doing well!

As previously expressed the car was on 100% MS 109 oct plus a special meth recipe from By Design.

We roll from 40-50 mph in Mexico, not sure what gear he was in, but I was in 2nd gear...that is why on the pass that you see on the video, I let off and give him the hit and just passed him like the Midnight Express (I did not want any excuses).

He said, "I tried to keep up".

I am going to head to the dyno probably next week, before a roll race event that will be taking place at the Palm Beach International Raceway. I will share my numbers once I have them available. Save the money, get a 991.2 TTS and do a stage 4 with E85 .

Thank you Bobby, the car is a beast...really have to thank Sam and Tom for their passion and customer service!!!

Manuel

Old 08-14-2018, 10:06 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
My goal is that I have to be able to pull all stock production cars (out side of $1 000 000 plus cars) and each year it seams to be getting harder and harder, but the 720s was the last machine that I thought I need to go Alpha's
That's my reasoning for my Stage 4 build too. I wanted the ultimate daily driver that could take out most modified and all production vehicles. I think the quickest production car we have here in Honolulu would be a few 918's that almost never get out. I know i'm good here because a 720S takes a 918 according to a couple Youtube videos. There's no 720S' that i know of here. Anything else i should worry about? Dodge Demon?

Old 08-14-2018, 10:20 PM
pfl
pfl is on a distinguished road
Demon needs traction which is very hard for it to get from a stop without properly warming up tires and launching. From a roll, it has been slower than advertised based on what I’ve seen. You should be ok.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:53 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
That's my reasoning for my Stage 4 build too. I wanted the ultimate daily driver that could take out most modified and all production vehicles. I think the quickest production car we have here in Honolulu would be a few 918's that almost never get out. I know i'm good here because a 720S takes a 918 according to a couple Youtube videos. There's no 720S' that i know of here. Anything else i should worry about? Dodge Demon?

Be careful with some highly modded diesel trucks these days!! lol
My last one made 1053 WHP and ran 10.70@130mph on All terrain tires at full weight (7100 lbs). I loved picking on Exotics with a HD street 4x4 truck
Many these days are WAY quicker.. 9 sec. diesels are not everywhere, but there are lots outs there.

But, I doubt there are many of those where you live...lol

Old 08-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Be careful with some highly modded diesel trucks these days!! lol
My last one made 1053 WHP and ran 10.70@130mph on All terrain tires at full weight (7100 lbs). I loved picking on Exotics with a HD street 4x4 truck
Many these days are WAY quicker.. 9 sec. diesels are not everywhere, but there are lots outs there.

But, I doubt there are many of those where you live...lol
****, I would move to the side if I see it coming

Old 08-19-2018, 04:22 PM
whoadude is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Save the money, get a 991.2 TTS and do a stage 4 with E85 .

Thank you Bobby, the car is a beast...really have to thank Sam and Tom for their passion and customer service!!!

Manuel
This car is so impressive I want a TTS! Curious though, you say 991.2 can you not achieve the same results with a 991.1 turbo or tts?

Old 08-19-2018, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by whoadude
This car is so impressive I want a TTS! Curious though, you say 991.2 can you not achieve the same results with a 991.1 turbo or tts?
E85 is pretty simple to run on the 991.2 platform, Sam...please correct me if I am wrong, plus several upgrades that Sam has mentioned.

Manuel

Old 08-22-2018, 10:29 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
So what's the best and most reasonable model to look for? 2011-2016 991s?
complete ballpark cost to achieve 750 whp?
may pm me for the answer

Old 08-24-2018, 11:42 AM
Drew1204 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hi Arjay,
It comes down to lots of factors from budget to goals both on the car you start with and the set-up itself. We have our popular and proven By Design Stage 4 complete from A-Z at about 23k for those starting with a stock car. There are some upgrades like switching to an Inconel 625 version of the exhaust and some sound variations to meet everyone's needs. I offer full support with a 100% guarantee. When I state #Proven I mean on literally hundreds of cars over the last 3-4 years with consistent results on the same set-up. Not going to larger turbo's or removing weight, going to full race exhaust/intake or adding/removing more items. Just a solid recipe that we feel is very competitive, safe, reliable and multi-purpose on over 220 cars to date and counting beating others VTG cars on site at events with no snags. We are excited to see the envelope being pushed out there in the community and have been involved with some big exciting projects as well. Working on a long-game with our partners for our engine program, fueling kit and set-ups for over 900hp which have been a challenge in our community finally being cracked by many at once! We have been on this since early 2016 as the first to run on a port injection system built by SRM running E85 and have since gotten to the final stages of our 1000+ program with reasonable costs. We worked closely and very hard with Dodson Motorsport on the PDK program which is now running in all the big hp cars as well as Evospec on the engine program which is proven on many 1000+hp cars. Lots of exciting stuff coming to a close this month and next actually. I am blessed to have an awesome team that brings amazing experience and knowledge to all the main points it takes to produce what we have as well as awesome dealerships and independent installers across the globe to support our clients. Feel free to reach out anytime!
So E85 will be an option for 991.1 cars?