My 2018 TTS for a 991.2 4gts

Old 08-21-2018, 12:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
so you put an exhaust on that sounds like crap and now you would rather trade in the car as opposed to just swapping exhaust ?

makes sense

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 08-21-2018, 12:27 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by prodigymb
so you put an exhaust on that sounds like crap and now you would rather trade in the car as opposed to just swapping exhaust ?

makes sense
It is not all about the exhaust. Firstly, I love the classic look of the nonturbo 911. Secondly,have some quality issues, one with a rear seat that rattles, that the dealer hasn’t been able to fix. Also, my window trim did not match up evenly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they scratched it up. They are going to get new trim and fix it but apparently the back side window has to be replaced when they do this ( not sure if this will cause other issues). And the shade covering the glass sunroof doesn’t close evenly but I am afraid to have them fix this for fear it will make it worse. So it’s a combination of a few minor quality issues that frustrate me about the car. I have had multiple Porsches and currently have a Panamera TTS and a Macan without any quality issues. I have had Ferraris, Aston Martins and Maseratis but I keep coming back to the Porsches and enjoy the 911 but maybe my car was built on a Friday?

Old 08-21-2018, 09:19 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
No way I'd ever go from my TTS to a GTS...that's a serious downgrade.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:10 AM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by georgemaser

It is not all about the exhaust. Firstly, I love the classic look of the nonturbo 911. Secondly,have some quality issues, one with a rear seat that rattles, that the dealer hasn’t been able to fix. Also, my window trim did not match up evenly and when the dealer attempted to fix it they scratched it up. They are going to get new trim and fix it but apparently the back side window has to be replaced when they do this ( not sure if this will cause other issues). And the shade covering the glass sunroof doesn’t close evenly but I am afraid to have them fix this for fear it will make it worse. So it’s a combination of a few minor quality issues that frustrate me about the car. I have had multiple Porsches and currently have a Panamera TTS and a Macan without any quality issues. I have had Ferraris, Aston Martins and Maseratis but I keep coming back to the Porsches and enjoy the 911 but maybe my car was built on a Friday?
So you start by simply saying you would swap a legendary super car which is the pinnacle of the 911 lineup for the last 45 years and a specialty model, which will probably be back to it's "higher demand than supply" status (like it has usually been), after the childish craze about engine sound is over (which is only here for a few years by the way), for a regular model (which carry the same "vacuum cleaner" turbo engine sound) with the same engine found in the very bottom of the range, suggesting the only difference from the turbo models to other is some torque (which you can get by tuning), only to tell few days later your car is a lemon and you cant get it fixed with your dealer ?

ok...

Old 08-22-2018, 04:15 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sniry12345
So you start by simply saying you would swap a legendary super car which is the pinnacle of the 911 lineup for the last 45 years and a specialty model, which will probably be back to it's "higher demand than supply" status (like it has usually been), after the childish craze about engine sound is over (which is only here for a few years by the way), for a regular model (which carry the same "vacuum cleaner" turbo engine sound) with the same engine found in the very bottom of the range, suggesting the only difference from the turbo models to other is some torque (which you can get by tuning), only to tell few days later your car is a lemon and you cant get it fixed with your dealer ?

ok...

Wow. Why such a hater? I am just trying to get thoughts and information from the forum that I do appreciate thus far.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:46 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
No way I'd ever go from my TTS to a GTS...that's a serious downgrade.
Agreed...

Old 08-22-2018, 05:35 AM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by georgemaser

Wow. Why such a hater? I am just trying to get thoughts and information from the forum that I do appreciate thus far.
No Hate, Just love of automobile. When you simply say you would swap the turbo S for the GTS TRIM, and it would be the same minus some torque, its an insult and When it turn out the real reason has nothing to do with the TTS but with the specific Lemon car, you should be consulting Stuttgart's complain department and not 911 turbo enthusiast forum.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:13 AM
bigjoe is on a distinguished road
💯/💯

no hate, just love of automobile. When you simply say you would swap the turbo s for the gts trim, and it would be the same minus some torque, its an insult and when it turn out the real reason has nothing to do with the tts but with the specific lemon car, you should be consulting stuttgart's complain department and not 911 turbo enthusiast forum.
💯/💯

Old 08-22-2018, 06:20 AM
bigjoe is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bigjoe
💯/💯

Son and i on a sunday ride with my 5th turbo s.. Best car ever..

Old 08-22-2018, 06:57 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Your mistake like so many others is to buy a fubjunk exhaust. They make inferior products and provide crap customer support. I got burned by joe years ago when I was new to the Porsche world. I have the Europipe on my Turbo and love it. I had the Miltek and also loved it and would have kept it had I not gotten rear ended. Get a new exhaust and enjoy your TTS. But make sure to ride in a car with the exhaust you are considering. Internet sound clips is not the same.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:04 AM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gunther
Your mistake like so many others is to buy a fubjunk exhaust. They make inferior products and provide crap customer support. I got burned by joe years ago when I was new to the Porsche world. I have the Europipe on my Turbo and love it. I had the Miltek and also loved it and would have kept it had I not gotten rear ended. Get a new exhaust and enjoy your TTS. But make sure to ride in a car with the exhaust you are considering. Internet sound clips is not the same.
Agree, internet sound clips suck

Old 08-22-2018, 08:23 PM
No Hate, Just love of automobile. When you simply say you would swap the turbo S for the GTS TRIM, and it would be the same minus some torque, its an insult and When it turn out the real reason has nothing to do with the TTS but with the specific Lemon car, you should be consulting Stuttgart's complain department and not 911 turbo enthusiast forum.
It about my whole experience. The whole package. How do I get in touch with Stuttgart's complaint department? Will they listen?

Old 08-22-2018, 09:46 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
consult a lemon law lawyer and get it over with OP there's no point driving a car if you're not happy

Old 08-23-2018, 05:58 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
May want to take it to a different dealer, outline your concerns, leave it with them for a week or two and hit the reset button with it. It's a TURBO S-

Good luck

Old 08-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Dr Chill is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a swap from Turbo S to a GT3 Touring is a more satisfying solution.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2018 TTS for a 991.2 4gts