TSM Dyno Results - 1286whp / 978tq

Old 08-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
TSM Dyno Results - 1286whp / 978tq

Figured I would share some info on our dyno results from our half mile car.

We did change the turbos to give us the ability to run a little more power up top without killing the car with torque down low. We did however make sure to pull some tricks out of the bag so that we didn't sacrifice any spool whatsoever. As you can see we want the power to come in very very linearly so we don't rail the boost or timing down low but rather bleed it in to make the car smooth fast instead of violent fast. This is for sure more of a half mile strategy than 1/4 mile or even 60-130, but that was our goal.

I have attached the graph as well as an overlay from the dyno before the 193mph pass at Pikes Peak. Now what I will also share is that this wasn't near the power we actually had to run to run the world record of 201.97mph. I turned the boost down a good bit off the trailer just to shake the car down and surprisingly even with much less than perfect conditions it went 199mph first pass. So I only added very, very little back in to get us the 201, which is what my goal was. In the coming events we will most certainly grab some of that power we left on the table in order to distance ourselves even further from the competition, however for now I'm not going to get greedy about it in an effort try to help everything (mostly the stock gears) live a long life.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about our strategy, tuning or anything else. If I don't feel I can publicly answer something I'll very openly say that I can't, but I love sharing knowledge with the community rather than smoke and mirrors sales tactics like some others I have seen in this industry.

Thanks for the continued support!

-FASTEST 991 Turbo in the WORLD: 201.97 MPH
-HIGHEST HP 991 in the WORLD: 1287whp
-991 Turbo S Build Thread
-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
-Complete in House Builds

Last edited by Cicio@TSM; 08-23-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-22-2018, 03:50 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
First congrats and good job!

Happy to see you guys doing well and having a reliable car

I've few questions if you don't mind

1. With worked out heads, can you do more than 7500k rpm? Do you plan on selling parts individually of that build?

2. Realistically speaking, I know the PDK now is the weak link, but how much you estimate the engiee can make? Whp and wtq?

3. How similar those 9A1 in a 991 versus 997.2? Meaning can the build be done on a 997.2? Since it's a lighter car but probably 991 is a little better for half mile runs

4. Do yiu support E85? This is something missing from the 9A1 line up so far

5. Why 4.0 not 3.8 or even 4.2 liter?

Thanks again and I wish you the very best.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
Thank you sir!

All great questions, let me share my views.

1. With worked out heads, can you do more than 7500k rpm? Do you plan on selling parts individually of that build?

We shift the car higher on the track and yes it has the capability to go much higher than 7500. I stop the power at 7500rpm on the dyno simply because based on the curve I know what it's going to do for the next xxxx RPM and I don't need my competitors knowing what we spin the car to to make it fast.

2. Realistically speaking, I know the PDK now is the weak link, but how much you estimate the engiee can make? Whp and wtq?

This is a hard question to answer, given the components we used on the build and tech we used for the head and head gasket I would estimate and be comfortable to about 1500whp without issue. However that is assuming the factory crank will stay happy at those power levels as well. Always fun being the leader on things which by default ensures finding the limits of components falls on you LOL!!

3. How similar those 9A1 in a 991 versus 997.2? Meaning can the build be done on a 997.2? Since it's a lighter car but probably 991 is a little better for half mile runs

For sure similar enough to be able to do a similar build on! I have not had a 997.2 apart and before my eyes but having build .1 997 and 991 I'm confident in saying it would be no issue to build.

This car is running ethanol yes sir!

I would honestly go less displacement before I would go more and I would certainly never do a stroker! These things already spool a 1500hp turbo crazy fast with the right .ar combination I can't imagine trying to throw more exhaust pressure into the turbine housing. The reason we did a 4.0 (which is probably more like a 3.9) is simply because the sleeve technology and piston design worked out best that way. I would very easily stay with a 3.8 but the block wouldn't be quite as strong. Although, you would give up so little it wouldn't matter at this power level. If someone for sure wanted a 3.8 I would do it with full confidence. I however would not want to go any bigger than a 4.0 unless it was a much much bigger turbo setup than this that was being driven on the street.

If you have any other questions based on my answers feel free to ask! Thanks for the post!

'
Originally Posted by 3llooi
First congrats and good job!

Happy to see you guys doing well and having a reliable car

I've few questions if you don't mind

Thanks again and I wish you the very best.

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 08-22-2018, 04:25 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cicio@TSM
Thank you sir!

All great questions, let me share my views.

We shift the car higher on the track and yes it has the capability to go much higher than 7500. I stop the power at 7500rpm on the dyno simply because based on the curve I know what it's going to do for the next xxxx RPM and I don't need my competitors knowing what we spin the car to to make it fast.

This is a hard question to answer, given the components we used on the build and tech we used for the head and head gasket I would estimate and be comfortable to about 1500whp without issue. However that is assuming the factory crank will stay happy at those power levels as well. Always fun being the leader on things which by default ensures finding the limits of components falls on you LOL!!

For sure similar enough to be able to do a similar build on! I have not had a 997.2 apart and before my eyes but having build .1 997 and 991 I'm confident in saying it would be no issue to build.

This car is running ethanol yes sir!

I would honestly go less displacement before I would go more and I would certainly never do a stroker! These things already spool a 1500hp turbo crazy fast with the right .ar combination I can't imagine trying to throw more exhaust pressure into the turbine housing. The reason we did a 4.0 (which is probably more like a 3.9) is simply because the sleeve technology and piston design worked out best that way. I would very easily stay with a 3.8 but the block wouldn't be quite as strong. Although, you would give up so little it wouldn't matter at this power level. If someone for sure wanted a 3.8 I would do it with full confidence. I however would not want to go any bigger than a 4.0 unless it was a much much bigger turbo setup than this that was being driven on the street.

If you have any other questions based on my answers feel free to ask! Thanks for the post!

'
Thanks for answering my questions and sorry if they were a bit too much. You made the invite hahahaha

I like tour answers and thanks for spending the time to post it sir.

Your build is #proven and I'm sure many of us would be excited to plan the next upgrades.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Thanks for answering my questions and sorry if they were a bit too much. You made the invite hahahaha

I like tour answers and thanks for spending the time to post it sir.

Your build is #proven and I'm sure many of us would be excited to plan the next upgrades.

Not even close to too much sir! I love the inquisitive customer and am happy to explain myself.

Thanks for the kind words! We will keep on pushing

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 08-22-2018, 05:45 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Way to go, crazy numbers. I know that Jeff was waiting to get his beast back up and running, that car has come a long way. Hope to see you guys at our event in October.

Manuel

Old 08-23-2018, 12:52 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Big congrats! Another U.S. company taking the 991 platform to another level and skipping a couple in the process!

Killer build from a proven company! Have heard nothing, but good things about this company.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Way to go, crazy numbers. I know that Jeff was waiting to get his beast back up and running, that car has come a long way. Hope to see you guys at our event in October.

Manuel
which event is that brother?

Old 08-23-2018, 05:20 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Big congrats! Another U.S. company taking the 991 platform to another level and skipping a couple in the process!

Killer build from a proven company! Have heard nothing, but good things about this company.

Thank you very much for the kind words! We hope to keep pushing to stay out front! It’s gonna be a fun couple years for this platform I think.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Glad to know y'all are in my back yard, so to speak.

Might be a future customer.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Glad to know y'all are in my back yard, so to speak.

Might be a future customer.

Stop by anytime! Would love to show you what we have going on.

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 08-23-2018, 01:15 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cicio@TSM
Stop by anytime! Would love to show you what we have going on.

Will do Sir..Thank you.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
i'm sure everyone is curious how did you manage an improvement in spool when going up a turbo size or even 2 sizes?

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 08-24-2018, 09:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by prodigymb
i'm sure everyone is curious how did you manage an improvement in spool when going up a turbo size or even 2 sizes?
Great question!

We have lots of experience with turbine combinations and wheel technology from the years of GT-R development. We just spilled some of that over into the Porsche and it worked perfectly.

To further the achievement we also lowered drive pressure with the increased spool, making the engine even happier

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 08-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Great stuff, Cicio! Outstanding job!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-24-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TSM Dyno Results - 1286whp / 978tq