5.42 60-130mph GIAC OTS tune revision

Old 01-20-2018, 08:46 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
5.42 60-130mph GIAC OTS tune revision

Hi 6speed.

Wanted to post updated results on the GIAC/Champion OTS tune that's out for those with 68's and meth. New revision came out so I had the guys at GIAC load it up for me and did some logs this morning. Timing up top only 21-24 degrees boost at 2650mbar. So very conservative and designed for longevity. I could road race this car (and have) on these setting. The 5.4 60-130 is one-tenth quicker than when I was on the previous file. Not much difference but an improvement nonetheless with a small timing bump.

No weight was ever removed from the car and other than the following mods, nothing was altered. For the test this morning, I combined 5 gal MS109 with a few gallons of pump 91. When I added the ms109 the car was showing 43 miles left to go. Tire pressures were 38psi front and rear. Mods are:

GIAC/Champion tune
Champion 68s, intercoolers, catless exhaust and diverters
Meth with dual CM7 (630cc) nozzles
Rear tires Toyo R888

Nothing else. Very budget-minded set of mods.

Car does pretty well at half mile events too. Here's a vid from my last event:

Cheers.

Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Stellar performance...these cars win the race in the first 800 feet or so....well done !!

Old 01-20-2018, 11:32 AM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
Good lord. You obviously ace the tree consistently but that car comes out of the hole like an F16 off an aircraft carrier. Still, I have to give kudos to the guys that ride 600hp bikes, unreal combo of cojones and skill, cooking the tire at 150 must be a memorable experience. The only equivalent in the car world I can think of are the maniacs that row gears in the 2k hp UGR 6MT Gallardos.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:12 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Way to go Adam, going to try to get a 60-130 tomorrow...my Racelogic cable went south :-(

Manuel

Old 01-21-2018, 03:57 AM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! Awesome results! Your launches are are just incredible

Old 01-21-2018, 07:49 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nanook
Stellar performance...these cars win the race in the first 800 feet or so....well done !!

No doubt brother. On an unprepped surface, physics is on our side!

Originally Posted by NBoost
Good lord. You obviously ace the tree consistently but that car comes out of the hole like an F16 off an aircraft carrier. Still, I have to give kudos to the guys that ride 600hp bikes, unreal combo of cojones and skill, cooking the tire at 150 must be a memorable experience. The only equivalent in the car world I can think of are the maniacs that row gears in the 2k hp UGR 6MT Gallardos.

Yeah huge props to the guys on the bikes - they were all from Canada and I guess it was too cold up there so they drove all the way down to SoCal for the event!

Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Way to go Adam, going to try to get a 60-130 tomorrow...my Racelogic cable went south :-(

Manuel

Manuel congrats heard you are running great! Chatted with Tom glad they could get the Snow Kit installed and working right. I love the simplicity of the controllers like Snow, AEM and Coolingmist and I think it goes to show that our ECUs adapt very quickly to changes in fuel trims from the meth flow and we just don't need the complexity of Aquamist. Please let us know how you do today!

Originally Posted by DanWeber
Congrats! Awesome results! Your launches are are just incredible

Yes but still not to the level of the launches on your car

Old 01-21-2018, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Chipping away! Nice!

Old 01-21-2018, 10:42 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Good to see a gain from a small timing bump

Old 01-30-2018, 05:07 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Great job Adam! Congrats on the results and another quality video.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor
AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Nice job Adam. Great bang for the buck

Old 02-01-2018, 07:50 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Can't get any better than this. Squeeze every drop of performance for the buck. Congrats.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:03 PM
cfpchfc1 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations!!

amazing!!!

Old 10-05-2018, 01:31 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! I have been looking at almost all your posts for some years already. I did 5.9x on pump for now, which tool did you use to log the car? My car is 991.2TTS but hope to find the right tool

Old 10-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Fadi
Congrats! I have been looking at almost all your posts for some years already. I did 5.9x on pump for now, which tool did you use to log the car? My car is 991.2TTS but hope to find the right tool
wow 5.9 on pump is very fast! Do you have meth also?

I use a tool from GIAC to log the data. It's provides data on over a hundred parameters so is pretty amazing.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
No meth, no octane booster, just 93-94oct pump. Seems .2 tts pushes strong

Thanks for the info about your logger

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5.42 60-130mph GIAC OTS tune revision