My 2018 TTS for a 991.2 4gts

Old 08-17-2018, 10:10 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
My 2018 TTS for a 991.2 4gts

I am thinking about trading my 2018 TTS for a 4gts. I love the torque of the TTS but dislike the vacuum sound of the turbos and haven’t been satisfied with my aftermarket exhaust so maybe the gts will give me better sound and no vacuum. Will I miss the torque? Has anyone went from a turbo to a gts? Thoughts?

Old 08-18-2018, 03:16 AM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by georgemaser
I am thinking about trading my 2018 TTS for a 4gts. I love the torque of the TTS but dislike the vacuum sound of the turbos and haven’t been satisfied with my aftermarket exhaust so maybe the gts will give me better sound and no vacuum. Will I miss the torque? Has anyone went from a turbo to a gts? Thoughts?

Get 2010 (987 type) Base Cayman or Boxster, the 2.9 Sounds amazing!

Old 08-18-2018, 06:01 AM
hcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to behold
As said replace the exhaust, sell what you have and cut your losses, love my Kline exhaust with headers, will do it again on the 992

Old 08-18-2018, 07:21 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Not about the exhaust as it is about the whole package. I Really would like something like a gt3 but I don’t want a manual or the spoiler. Gts may be my closest answer.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:44 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Here's your problem:

I just put a valve tronic Fabspeed exhaust on my 2018 911 TTS.
That is an awful exhaust for sound. With 911 exhaust especially you get what you pay for. When you go with one of the cheap options, it ruins the car. If you like NA sound the only choices are Akrapovic, Kline or one other I can't remember right now. But none of them are cheap.

​​​​​​​There was another guy who was in your same position and traded his TTS for a GTS and now is back into a TTS after a few months because the GTS just didn't have the same pop.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:52 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

I strongly agree with others...the TURBO is the whole package, and not only that, but it a completely different animal than the GTS. Cut your losses, return your crappy Fadspeed exhaust and take Sam’s offer!

Just my two cents,

Manuel

Old 08-19-2018, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by shifter_
Here's your problem:

That is an awful exhaust for sound. With 911 exhaust especially you get what you pay for. When you go with one of the cheap options, it ruins the car. If you like NA sound the only choices are Akrapovic, Kline or one other I can't remember right now. But none of them are cheap.

There was another guy who was in your same position and traded his TTS for a GTS and now is back into a TTS after a few months because the GTS just didn't have the same pop.

the exhaust wasn’t cheap

Old 08-19-2018, 07:56 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
the exhaust wasn’t cheap
I'm sorry to hear you overpaid, but that doesn't change what I said. You simply chose the wrong exhaust.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:54 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
George George George!! What's going on here? A TTS is like the pinnacle of Porsche engineering. IMO a better package than a GT3 unless you're tracking every weekend. I mean Hell, a NA 991.1 GTS has great sound but nowhere near the pickup. A 991.2 GTS is a big step in torque but even then, you're talking 405 lb-ft vs. 523? Or is it 568?

I may be in the minority but I like the stock Turbo exhaust. It gives it a 'stealthy killer' feel. And inside the cabin the intake noise is very similar to the GTS intake noise.

The 3.0 is a sweet engine but you're stepping down in performance capability!! Come off the ledge man.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:02 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
The Kline inconel system with headers sans cats I got from Sam is quieter than the stock at cruising speeds and screams when summoned...just perfect for me (not to mention the loss in weight and performance increase)

Last edited by Nanook; 08-19-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:50 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
To get an idea of what the Kline headers and Kline 76mm race with no cats sounds like. For a regular driver, not a car nut like me, i'd probably recommend getting the cats though. From my understanding, the headers change the tone of the exhaust the most to a more exotic sound.

View this post on Instagram

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 08-19-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:06 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
As many others have already stated I think you'll be disappointed moving from the 991 Turbo to the GTS. Swap out the exhaust if you're disappointed in the sound. Changing over to iPE would make you fall in love with the Turbo all over again.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:28 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
That iPE sounds SICK! So far the best sounding exhaust on a TT I've heard. Sounds expensive. Guessing at least $5000 am I right??

Old 08-21-2018, 07:27 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
There are some nice exhausts for our Turbos and I have heard most spending years at airstrip events. It's my opinion that it's lipstick on a pig. You just cant make it sound that good. Further, if you actually own a GT3, there is nothing you can do to make a 3.8DI Turbo sound anything remotely like one. The best you can do is something like ES headers mated to a custom made unit specific to the tone you are looking for from someone like John at Speedtech. But if you want something that sounds really good - you need a different car. Try a GT3 with headers or a 458 with titanium exhaust.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:24 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by chance6
That iPE sounds SICK! So far the best sounding exhaust on a TT I've heard. Sounds expensive. Guessing at least $5000 am I right??
Less than that actually when spec'd correctly Contact me directly for more info on pricing & deals: David@WheelsBoutique.com || 786 249 0127 ext. 2109

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2018 TTS for a 991.2 4gts