Notices
991 Turbo
Sponsored by:

Europipe Stage 2 exhaust

Old 11-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Premium Sponsor
stef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Europipe Stage 2 exhaust

It took a long time but finally I have enough time to introduce you to our new 991 Turbo Stage 2 sport exhaust system.
This system is based on our regular 991 Turbo sport exhaust although most all of the components are slightly different.

Here are the highlights:

1) We have been using 100 cell sport cats for over 25 years now with excellent results. Thanks to new coating technologies we can upgrade to 50 cell sport cats. These new 50 cell cats have an improved washcoat and an optimised amount of precious metals. The washcoat is the primer that multplies the microscopic surface area.

The emissions with our 50 cell cats are excellent, there won't be any CEL problems or emission issues, there's no need for bungs and you donít need to fix the ECU to avoid a CEL.

2) This is a full 3inch exhaust and it comes with OEM tips that have been modified to 3inch.
Basically 80% of this exhaust is 85mm and at the very end it is necked down to 3inch. (76mm)

3) Less restriction or lower back pressure is the only reason for a performance increase with a sport exhaust on a turbocharged engine.
With these less restrictive 50 cell cats and the 3inch tubing the maximum back pressure is down to 0.08 Bar. You will feel the added hp and tq gains at low rpm and midrange as well as a sharper throttle response. It runs smoother at low rpms, the turbo boost comes on earlier and there is less lag.

4) Sounds bad***

To put the low back pressure into perspective here is some more data:
OEM muffler with OEM cats: 0.35 Bar
OEM cats with a 65mm straight pipe (no muffler): 0.29 Bar
OEM muffler with test pipes (catless): 0.14 Bar

The back pressure is measured with the bung right after the turbo flange at the hottest point with the highest pressure. Take it up to 4th gear at full boost all the way to redine. Most good dynos have a pressure gauge so its easy to measure.

Note that there is no performance increase at the top rpm range with a stock ECU so this exhaust works best on tuned engines.
Our system comes with new gaskets, new hardware and an array of tools.

Youíll find prices on our website and feel free to shoot me some questions about our new system.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
I can attest to LOVING this exhaust. I have had 2 prior Europipe exhausts on 991.1 turbo s and did a high flow cat on my 991.2 GTS

This exhaust comes ALIVE IMO its how the car should sound from the factory. I found that in prior turbo s cars I would shift early and not really wind out the engine
like I might on a gt3 (rs) .... this comes alive after 4K all the way to red line. Bolts up perfect and EVERYone asks what I have in the car. Its not obnoxious and it doesn't smell

I am LOVING this exhaust and I did it with the GIAC stage 2 exhaust.

I have friends with other systems catted and catless do yourself a favor and grab this one

Not a paid or compensated post.... just keeping it real

Old 11-07-2018, 03:09 AM
Premium Sponsor
stef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond reputestef@europipe has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff, thank you for your patience and your confidence!

Old 11-07-2018, 05:36 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
Any sound clips available?

Old 11-07-2018, 06:02 AM
Premium Sponsor
Here's a cold start and a drive-by:

Old 11-07-2018, 07:05 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
the drive by does NOT represent how wonderful the exhaust truly is.

the cold start is pretty spot on

I've been really having fun with this .2 and sport response is something ive used a lot more on this car so far and in keeping the rev's up above 4k its got a wonderful howl and sound to it.

While its not a performante v10, I run with one quite often (pretty even, mostly I do have to let up when behind him so I think I'm at a slight advantage) im happy with the exhaust sound I get from my 6

Old 11-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Big Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond repute
LOVE my Europipe on my 997.2 TTS

Sounds very similar.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:47 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Stef
Great to hear you are happy with the Stage 2 exhaust. As you know I have the 1st generation EP on my 2014 TTS and do like it. I do also have the Cobb tune on my car.
What are going to be the biggest differences and advantages of the new exhaust. Happy to hear things are going well.
Sal

Old 11-13-2018, 10:49 AM
Premium Sponsor
Sal,

With our 50 cell 3inch stage 2 exhaust you’ll get:

- lower backpressure so your engine can be tuned more aggressively
- sharper throttle response
- louder and more aggressive sound

Be careful what you wish for as the combination of the 50 cell cats and the 3inch tubing makes for a noticeable difference.
At normal mode you’ll always hear the turbo whistling sound. No drone though and never annoyingly loud.
In sport and sport plus it becomes aggressively loud over 4000 rpm.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Premium Sponsor
I have customers constantly asking me how our systems compare to the X-pipe exhausts. Well I have tested many different aftermarket X-pipe exhausts over the years and the main conclusion is that the tighter the X and the smaller the pipes the bigger the restriction. You’re better off with a blended pair of U’s than a tight X.

I’ve build my own X-pipes as well and my 3inch catless X-pipe had 0.20 Bar backpressure on a stock 991 Turbo S. A catless stock exhaust flows much better than that. Note that less backpressure means lower EGTs and more power over time.