VTG 68mm turbos

Old 12-05-2018, 07:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Clearly stating on 68mm, read again!

Manuel
that car IS a 68mm

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 12-05-2018, 08:40 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Is this the car that was doing about 171-172 mph in Ocala, FL. Wanna GO Fast? When Dave was going about one or 2 mph faster than him with the 71 mm? Just wondering what they did that I picked up that much?

Manuel

Old 12-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Slate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant future
Never seen a 68MM VTG fail, but 71MM VTGs sure make a great smoke show when they fail, if you are into that stuff.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Is this the car that was doing about 171-172 mph in Ocala, FL. Wanna GO Fast? When Dave was going about one or 2 mph faster than him with the 71 mm? Just wondering what they did that I picked up that much?
Manuel
Hi Manuel, it ran 173.4mph at Ocala, we have made some tweaks to the setup, but mainly tuning.
How are you doing? Have you changed your clutches yet?

Originally Posted by Slate997TT
Never seen a 68MM VTG fail, but 71MM VTGs sure make a great smoke show when they fail, if you are into that stuff.
I have seen your first reply here, then you changed it, so i know the real purpose of your post.
If you dont mind, can i ask how many 68mm VTGs have you seen in your life? Are you a tuner?

We don't like to use generic 5 year old technology wheels that everyone uses, thats why we always try different things, making development our selves.

Oh by the way, FYI new 991 GT2RS uses 70mm turbos, measured my self

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 12-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=Emre@Esmotor;4753850]Hi Manuel, it ran 173.4mph at Ocala, we have made some tweaks to the setup, but mainly tuning.
How are you doing? Have you changed your clutches yet? QUOTE]

Hi Emre,

Doing good, thank you for asking, hope you are doing well also. Getting ready for the Naples event, it will be epic, hope you guys can make it...just got some HRE's R101 LW to shed some weight on the car and a couple of tweaks here and there, hope to keep improving. Regarding the clutches, I have not decided on them yet, I have mix feelings about this mod at the moment.

Regards,

Manuel

Old 12-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Slate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Hi Manuel, it ran 173.4mph at Ocala, we have made some tweaks to the setup, but mainly tuning.
How are you doing? Have you changed your clutches yet?

I have seen your first reply here, then you changed it, so i know the real purpose of your post.
If you dont mind, can i ask how many 68mm VTGs have you seen in your life? Are you a tuner?

We don't like to use generic 5 year old technology wheels that everyone uses, thats why we always try different things, making development our selves.

Oh by the way, FYI new 991 GT2RS uses 70mm turbos, measured my self

You could Thank Sam for that. Sam texted me to change my post because he said he doesn’t want any of his guys to reply with the same attitude. As much as I respect him I say my piece but I made the adjustment out of respect. The Fact is there’s been a very aggressive recent movement against Sam from just a few people and some of us just won’t stand for it.

About your post regarding the car picking up so much speed. What type of adjustments were made to make that much of a difference? It just goes to show if this was only a few months ago for someone to say one tuner is the best just doesn’t add up.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:39 PM
arkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond repute
I would stick to the 68VTG's these are proven again and again. Also, if I am not mistaken the true half 1/2 mile record on a non-built engine, stock PDK and 68 VTG's is still held by By Design. Emre, I'll be waiting for you guys in Naples

Regards,

Manuel
Originally Posted by prodigymb
you are mistaken. true half mile 178.x mph stock engine record is held by AIM/ESMotor car. unless someone went faster recently.
Clearly stating on 68mm, read again!

Manuel
Hello sir, agreed about wannagofast, the best and only true half mile events and the vbox always matches.

Thats my car, same Tial 68vtgs. Full weight, 20 inch BBS FIR's on Michelin Ps4's. Stock motor, stock clutches, race gas and meth resulting in consistent 178's both days at WannaGoFast in Dallas this past April. Minus the first 177.6 done with a full 5 gallon of meth and few bottles of Don Julio still in the frunk. The best it did was 178.4 but I only submitted best vbox verified time of 178.1 to the 6 speed list.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4710237

Manuel
173.4 was my best at Ocala, running pump 93 and octane booster translating to around 100 octane plus meth. Switched to race gas plus meth next event like everyone else. I dont think it was a matter of picking up but more so wasting distance , your strategy of leaving vs me launching and spinning too much was better for the crappy surface in Ocala.

Hoping the Naples runway is cleaner which will definitely result in faster times for all.

That was a good pun, I'm also into those myself , although smoke show went I think high 172's with a hurt then blown turbo and I went 173.4 with failing 02 sensors both on 100 octane and meth. Since were both into running half mile at Ocala ,did you end up going faster than 171 on a healthy car with ms109 and meth?

Old 12-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by arkadyzv
Hello sir, agreed about wannagofast, the best and only true half mile events and the vbox always matches.

Thats my car, same Tial 68vtgs. Full weight, 20 inch BBS FIR's on Michelin Ps4's. Stock motor, stock clutches, race gas and meth resulting in consistent 178's both days at WannaGoFast in Dallas this past April. Minus the first 177.6 done with a full 5 gallon of meth and few bottles of Don Julio still in the frunk. The best it did was 178.4 but I only submitted best vbox verified time of 178.1 to the 6 speed list.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4710237

173.4 was my best at Ocala, running pump 93 and octane booster translating to around 100 octane plus meth. Switched to race gas plus meth next event like everyone else. I dont think it was a matter of picking up but more so wasting distance , your strategy of leaving vs me launching and spinning too much was better for the crappy surface in Ocala.

Hoping the Naples runway is cleaner which will definitely result in faster times for all.

That was a good pun, I'm also into those myself , although smoke show went I think high 172's with a hurt then blown turbo and I went 173.4 with failing 02 sensors both on 100 octane and meth. Since were both into running half mile at Ocala ,did you end up going faster than 171 on a healthy car with ms109 and meth?
Good, you are running the same setup as I am, see you in Naples and we will line them up. Good luck and safe travels!

Manuel

Old 12-06-2018, 03:09 PM
arkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond repute
Good, you are running the same setup as I am, see you in Naples and we will line them up. Good luck and safe travels!

Manuel
Thank you,

991 will be gone soon, will be there in my ctsv.
You could Thank Sam for that. Sam texted me to change my post because he said he doesn’t want any of his guys to reply with the same attitude. As much as I respect him I say my piece but I made the adjustment out of respect. The Fact is there’s been a very aggressive recent movement against Sam from just a few people and some of us just won’t stand for it.
So you chose to make a spicy comment based on your own merits, then were reprimanded and told what to say instead based on some "aggressive movement" . Is this like some sort of #IStandWith movement thing or something? I'm not following.

About your post regarding the car picking up so much speed. What type of adjustments were made to make that much of a difference? It just goes to show if this was only a few months ago for someone to say one tuner is the best just doesn’t add up.
From the "aggressive movements" that I've heard about it was that it didn't have 68vtgs,is on the ragged edge, had weight removed, my favorite one being a tail wind all day for 2 days. But I'm not a sore loser and my car is actually fast so I dont need to get all bent out of shape nor fake pimp records.

As far as the adjustments that actually lead to those results, Development defined as tuning adjustments made by in my opinion the best Porsche tuner based on results achieved for the overall Porsche platform who perfected his tunes on his own 991. Made possible by a real shop who works on Porsches every day with owners who campaign their own cars and go to almost every event and track outing to support their customers. Because thats what translates to real results, real records and cars that perform. Both the 1/4 mile and the 1/2 are limited by distance, you go faster down low, the time at the top gets better, less time spinning more time winning is the result of those adjustments.

Those results seem to trigger certain others, maybe because they cant replicate them, or because it doesn't follow their marketing mantra, who knows. I like to make my own deductions and have my own opinions on things instead of just being told things and repeating them.

Old 12-07-2018, 04:16 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Don’t forget .... Sam hit 177 at S Sector with little 65’s years ago. Back then they couldn’t understand it and claimed deception. Fast forward and big Sam has sold hundreds worldwide and the record is statistically unchanged no matter what gets thrown at it. To claim a “WR” without smashing a “WR” is embarrassing. What Mark Blackwell is accomplishing as well as the guys touching 8’s is nothing less than heroic in the P world. I dare you to Imagine a world Without Sam.....

Last edited by White991TT; 12-07-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:00 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Don’t forget .... Sam hit 177 at S Sector with little 65’s years ago. Back then they couldn’t understand it and claimed deception. Fast forward and big Sam has sold hundreds worldwide and the record is statistically unchanged no matter what gets thrown at it. To claim a “WR” without smashing a “WR” is embarrassing. What Mark Blackwell is accomplishing as well as the guys touching 8’s is nothing less than heroic in the P world. I dare you to Imagine a world Without Sam.....

Old 12-09-2018, 05:55 PM
That was amazing, if inconsistencies were mph, that was 200mph GPS Verified. I will respond with why I disagree. Not because it will change your opinion but because keeping certain people honest entertains me.
Don’t forget .... Sam hit 177 at S Sector with little 65’s years ago. Back then they couldn’t understand it and claimed deception.
Are you talking about this one?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...175-6-mph.html

Exerts being
.....Felt we had 177 mph in her as she kept performing as temps became cooler towards the days end....

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign

That claimed result was 175.6 with 65vtgs at Shift Sector. In usual fashion, vbox results posted for 60-130 and 1/4 mile but no half mile. Probably because the actual number was 174 but whatever no one cares about 65vtgs anymore. So not important, old news and worthless record since everyone runs at least 68s now. Note no claims of deception mentioned in that thread.

Or are you talking about this thread, 177 with 68vtgs at the PR half mile.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ld-record.html

So you did have a vbox for the 175.6 1/2 just chose not to post it because it was 175.6-173.6=2 mph slower, didn't even do a 174 just a measly 173.6 makes sense now. Thats embarrassing. Is that the deception you're talking about?

Wanted to chime in from my cell. Out with the fam today after racing yesterday. Here is a screen shot of my vbox from one of my Shift Sector runs that day. Youd be suprised what i picked up on the last 1/2 mile. With my Cobb AP 30+ mph is a piece of cake. I can truly see why its unbelievable. Ive been making believers since I went stage IV. Stay tuned I guarantee 180 trap at my next 1/2 mile event!

And thats the thread with ...

Back then they couldn’t understand it and claimed deception.
I dont think deception is the right word, more so the usual fake pimping actually, so when @LostMarine asked if there was GPS to verification, the same usual butthurtness occurred. I'm very glad you brought this back up as now with the real results of my car, I'm able to confidently say that even if that car picked up an even 32 mph on the back end, it still only went at best 175.

Originally Posted by webcarconnection
The Vbox in that run was 10.0@143... I believe I have the photo somewhere, eitherway i'm going to the track soon

Another 2 mph short with a story about why theres no vbox, crazy how every time its not in someones favor its missing.

Here's what a real record looks like though.

178.75-146.32-=32.43 on the back. Also note the quarter mile ET and trap speed, so yeah it went slower in the quarter, trapped less, went slower 60-130 but somehow went 177. The people who called BS are the ones that actually do understand.

Vbox file that was submitted for the actual record. See how you dont have to omit when your car is fast thus I only submitted my vbox time even thought it was the slowest out of all the results yet all 3 had the same 178 in it.

Fast forward and big Sam has sold hundreds worldwide
Slow forward because when it comes to talking about records, sales have nothing to do with miles per hour, unless thats the reason all these exaggerated claims keep getting made.

.... and the record is statistically unchanged no matter what gets thrown at it. To claim a “WR” without smashing a “WR” is embarrassing.
"Statistically" like 175 only equaled 173 and 177 only equaled maybe 175, except mine "statistically unchanged" 178 actually equaled 178.

What happened to that 180mph claim btw? Smoked the stock clutches like the rest of them?

To claim a “WR” without smashing a “WR” is embarrassing.
Hahahahaha, not as embarassing as claiming a record without being able to back it up and even worse lying about the GPS data being unavailable. Unlike my competitors who love stolen valor and continue to claim things they dont have, I only claimed the US VTG record which I smashed by 3 miles per hour to my nearest competitor, all full weight, ZERO weight reduction and on regular Michelin PS4 tires and no unicorn 1 glory pass but many 178s. The world record is held by PP performance at 181.

What Mark Blackwell is accomplishing as well as the guys touching 8’s is nothing less than heroic in the P world. I dare you to Imagine a world Without Sam.....
Yeah another "winner" who first claimed world vtg record in his built motor race car to only have it disproved. Since its held by PP Performance who went 182 at an event and 181.6 on the dragy. Then tried to claim US VTG record, was asked for proof. Played the usual why, its a real event, other cars, blah blah, why do you need GPS?

Only to finally post dragy logs and have them be slower than mine, now that was embarrassing considering how much more power it makes, although I do think its even more embarrassing to keep trying to claim that its a world vtg record because the other car has light doors and one seat yet his has a built motor and more power, in fact way more than enough to go faster than the PP performance car, but fake it till you make per usual.

If youre going to claim fake records might as well cry wolf at the same time, even better lets remove the people who call the lies out from the "open" facebook group, cant have them exposed.

Yeah the only honest comment in that whole thing is about how real competitors have gone 8's and Tospeed going 202.

For everyone else:

As far the this whole GPS verified thing goes. Why does that keep getting brought up? Why do some never have it? Because unlike 1/4 where all the tracks are certified by one organization and its 1320 feet. 1/2 mile there is none, you can compare two cars at the same event because the event is the constant. But if you're going to compare same cars at different events, then its only fair to the other competitors that you back up your claim by GPS. As there is no constant between the timing different events use and more importantly the distance traveled being a true half mile.

Why the inconsistencies you might ask? Simple a defined starting line, at wannagofast the starting line is a tree just like a 1/4 mile track , the start is set along with a set end point. Other events, no exact set starting line, so what happens when you start earlier but the end is still the same? Your event time is higher than GPS because you got to travel more distance at the event but the GPS stops when you travel 2640 feet.

The wannabes would try to have you believe that, that shouldn't matter, obviously because thats in their favor not in the favor of fair competition though. The same stories will be reposted about how this car did this , its a real event because this other car did this and that but a 2-3 mph difference between event and GPS speed means dick to other cars, but it sure does make a difference for 991 vtg records.

In fact my only real honest competitor is Manuel, knowing his results come from wannagofast events and knowing how accurate the event is in regards to event timing vs GPS . I would be willing to wager that if he has GPS from the event, it will say 175.x .Because I'v been to 3 this last year and also went to one shift sector and saw how much of a difference a not defined starting line made. Btw it was a few miles depending on how far back I started.

I think I covered everything , this only reminds me that I need to make a separate thread in regards to half mile events and why timing and gps are important . For all the real competition who are going for the same records. Unless our certain “honest friend” can make up a good enough story to get me removed from here too , since apparently calling out false claims makes you a troll and wanting people to be honest about their claims is an aggressive movement .

Cue fanboy reviews about customer service , fanboys misusing the word haters and any another spin tactic to avoid replying in any honest manner.

Insert Mic Drop GIF and Eggplant emoji I won’t post them as they have been statistically shown to cause hissy fits .

Old 12-09-2018, 07:00 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
That was amazing, if inconsistencies were mph, that was 200mph GPS Verified. I will respond with why I disagree. Not because it will change your opinion but because keeping certain people honest entertains me.
Are you talking about this one?
Typical effeminate internet clownery. So you finally spent a couple of bucks on mods for a car and you want the world to recognize you... nope! 174,175,176, etc. ...... could care less.

Last edited by White991TT; 12-09-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Typical effeminate internet clownery. So you finally spent a couple of bucks on mods for a car and you want the world to recognize you... nope! 174,175,176, etc. ...... could care less.
hahahhahahha , personal insults , not suprised truth hurts . Typical butthurt response. Btw that’s 5 miles faster than you without having to lie to a bunch of dudes on the internet about fake records for recognition. Other than cheerleadering for “big Sam” you do anything not effeminate since you went 173.6. Speaking of 178 was that you lying on your back effiminately trying to look under my car at Dallas and then skipping to the line to watch me make another 178 pass or nah ?

Old 12-09-2018, 07:25 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !

hahahhahahha , personal insults , not suprised truth hurts . Typical butthurt response. Btw that’s 5 miles faster than you without having to lie to a bunch of dudes on the internet about fake records for recognition. Other than cheerleadering for “big Sam” you do anything not effeminate since you went 173.6. Speaking of 178 was that you lying on your back effiminately trying to look under my car at Dallas and then skipping to the line to watch me make another 178 pass or nah ?
Damn.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VTG 68mm turbos