Private Sale (with Options) vs CPO Car Missing Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 06:22 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Private Sale (with Options) vs CPO Car Missing Options

Hi All,

I am trying to determine whether or not to buy a 991.1 TTS from a private seller or from a dealership (CPO). The Private Sale car has Adaptive Cruise Control which I am a fan of (mainly for the auto break feature which I just think is good to have and somewhat the looks). Other than that option both cars are very similar.

Is Adaptive Cruise Control something to avoid if the car is going to see snow (I think i would like to use the TTS as a daily/snow mobile, why not? it is meant to be driven)? I can imagine damage to the system would be costly to fix (I believe both CPO or the fidelity warranty offered by Porsche would cover it).

Appreciate any/all advice and thoughts, I trust the 6speed family!

Thanks!

Old 12-07-2018, 06:45 PM
swoobie is on a distinguished road
CPO adds $3-4k to the value of the car.

Can't speak to sales value of ACC to a subsequent buyer, but it sounds important to you. Is the mileage the same? The cars are identical in all other respects?

Old 12-07-2018, 06:49 PM
MSRPs are nearly identical.

The private sale car is missing the smoking package but I heard I can retrofit it. I just can't determine if ACC is worth it or not. I don't use it religiously now and I do truly want to take the car to the snow. Perhaps CPO is the way to go.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:29 AM
Dr Chill is on a distinguished road
ACC really helpful if you log significant highway miles, otherwise an expensive unnecessary option.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:12 AM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Score it from whoever you know and trust

Old 12-10-2018, 06:16 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
The CPO is much more valuable then the adaptive cruise control if you decide to sell in a year.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
You can always see if the private seller will help you with CPO before purchase. Maybe best of both. let me know if I can help. I actually have a few guys up there selling their cars.
Originally Posted by 90sundevil
The CPO is much more valuable then the adaptive cruise control if you decide to sell in a year.
Agreed!

Old 12-12-2018, 09:13 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
You can always see if the private seller will help you with CPO before purchase. Maybe best of both. let me know if I can help. I actually have a few guys up there selling their cars.
I think the Porsche dealer has to sell you the car for it to be CPO'ed. But they will sell you an extended warranty on your used car if you want to pay for it.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Hi all,

Yes sorry, I would have to get the fidelity warranty through my local dealership about 4K and it would be prorated if I sell. Since the coverage is supposedly the same I'm almost thinking it would a better route to go that way.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by omegaSMP300
Hi all,

Yes sorry, I would have to get the fidelity warranty through my local dealership about 4K and it would be prorated if I sell. Since the coverage is supposedly the same I'm almost thinking it would a better route to go that way.

The dealer says the value of the CPO is about 5k but you get other benefits as the car has to be up to date on all services, tires, brakes and other items . When I bought my CPO Turbo it had to have a full major along with front tires and other small items like wiper blades to quality for the CPO. But the good news is when you sell you can include the warranty with the sale which makes it much more appealing. The benefit we get here in AZ is our trade offsets the sales tax and you have no sales tax if you buy a private party car.