New 991 VTG 1/4 mile world record /By-Design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
New 991 VTG 1/4 mile world record /By-Design

Well there you have it my car is now the official World record holder its been a long Journey those of you that have had 991's for years know the story. 3 years ago before any of us had turbo upgrades this was the fastest stock turbo car in the US and we ran 10.19. Then 8 months later we set a record again at 9.71 with Tial 68's ( the US record was Jeffs car with nitrous at 9.70 ) and then we smoked the PDK clutch before there was PDK tuning, Sam and myself then went down the rabbit hole of aftermarket clutch and engine build we did a lot of R&D with this car and we have come out the other side. Sam has been by me on this 110% and I want to thank him and Jon Bray and Cobb for there awesome platform and there are many other people who helped with this project. I have been out testing more times than anyone can possible fathom but its all come down to this I have run 4 events in 2 months with zero issues first 1/2 mile event we ran 178.5 gps, second 1/2 mile event we set the US VTG record at 180.1 this last outing we just ran the 9.38 1/4 mile world record. For those of you that have seen my video post I also ran a 9.49 while testing the other night these cars are awesome. Oh ya I hung the wheels in the air

Attached Files
File Type: mov
9.38 short video.mov (4.36 MB, 96 views)

Last edited by Markblackwell; 12-17-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:02 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
pictures didnt load the first time

Last edited by Markblackwell; 12-17-2018 at 10:04 AM. Reason: its not loading pictures
Old 12-17-2018, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the accomplishment. I know there has been a lot of hard work and patience to make this all a reality. I can honestly say that effort tat Sam has put into this car and the drive of Mark to see this project through is truly astonishing. I have witnessed Sam's customer service first hand for the last year and his ability to manage his customers needs and can truly tell the world that I have never met someone in the aftermarket performance business that tries harder and puts more of an effort to satisfy their customers needs than Sam does. Mark has also shown a tremendous amount of dedication to see this through as well. You two make a great team and your times are a true testament to what this car is capable of.

Again, congrats to both of you guys. It is well deserved.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:38 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations for pushing the limits of the 991 Turbo S. Crazy a 9.30 is very fast in the 1/4 mile for a road car. I love the picture of the front wheels leaving the ground.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by M3 S3-R
Congratulations for pushing the limits of the 991 Turbo S. Crazy a 9.30 is very fast in the 1/4 mile for a road car. I love the picture of the front wheels leaving the ground.
Thank you we have tried a lot of things but it really is crazy how fast these cars are on the street

Old 12-17-2018, 03:36 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
I love seeing new records and times being set. You've been one of the pioneers of the platform and everyone who follows will benefit from your time, $, and determination. Congrats!!

Old 12-17-2018, 03:53 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Man all the hard work and dedication!! Congrats to ALL involved!

Old 12-17-2018, 07:10 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
was waiting for you to post this, congrats mark, thats so cool !!

Old 12-17-2018, 07:56 PM
swoobie is on a distinguished road
Wow!

Old 12-18-2018, 05:16 AM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Rare to see a wheel up on a P car congrats on the fast run!

Old 12-18-2018, 07:46 AM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car and great result, congratulations. Sam is always standing behind his products and his dedication is outstanding, so congratulations to him as well

Old 12-18-2018, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
Congrats on the accomplishment. I know there has been a lot of hard work and patience to make this all a reality. I can honestly say that effort tat Sam has put into this car and the drive of Mark to see this project through is truly astonishing. I have witnessed Sam's customer service first hand for the last year and his ability to manage his customers needs and can truly tell the world that I have never met someone in the aftermarket performance business that tries harder and puts more of an effort to satisfy their customers needs than Sam does. Mark has also shown a tremendous amount of dedication to see this through as well. You two make a great team and your times are a true testament to what this car is capable of.

Again, congrats to both of you guys. It is well deserved.
Thank you very much for all your hard work and support you guys have been a class act I couldn’t have done it without your help 🍻

Old 12-18-2018, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Stage7
I love seeing new records and times being set. You've been one of the pioneers of the platform and everyone who follows will benefit from your time, $, and determination. Congrats!!
Thank you it’s been a long road and we have tried many thing, we are still a work in progress but getting close to nailing it all down

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Man all the hard work and dedication!! Congrats to ALL involved!
thanks Bobby

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
was waiting for you to post this, congrats mark, thats so cool !!
Thank you I appreciate it very much

Old 12-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Outstanding Mark, Sam et al...hold it...I heard something about 8's in the background ?

Old 12-18-2018, 01:38 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Outstanding!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 991 VTG 1/4 mile world record /By-Design