My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:16 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Lets keep in mind there were 4 991.1 turbos that I know of at the track

ES850 ( Shays car with 1300hp capable turbos )
ES750rs ( Fadis car with GT2rs turbos )
ES750 ( Black car with 71mm turbos )

Mikes By Design stage 4 ( with 68mm turbos )

Mikes car was quicker than all of them, and no one has even mentioned the other 2 cars except for Drag Times, where are there time slips? If you really want to see how these cars performed then lets see everyone post all there time slips we already know Mike has the quickest I bet he also has the most consistent. Fadi's time was awesome and Im sure he will get his times lower he has the turbos to do it.

Hey Mark, I don't know any of those details. But lets use Shift Sector as an example. Surface is horrible. But if one lane was better/worse and you and I raced and I won, and you wanted a rematch to swap lanes, I'd give you the chance. That's all I'm talking about here.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:25 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by arkadyzv
Its the same two faced stuff as it was before. Unfortunately marketing and exaggerations take precedence over facts and data. When all you do is play catch up, you take whatever you can get any way you can get it.

Because only one race happened, dont try to exaggerate it into a shoot out. Mike went faster in a figured out car vs a car fresh off the dyno with a novice driver with no seat time and drag racing experience in the known worse lane. If there was a team shoot out, only one team would show up, the same one that goes to all the other events and brings many cars each time, not just IG model pimping stage 4 fitness teas with long winded inspirational quotes.
Plus, Fadi did it on the left lane.. never on the rigjt lane

Old 03-15-2019, 02:27 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hey Mark, I don't know any of those details. But lets use Shift Sector as an example. Surface is horrible. But if one lane was better/worse and you and I raced and I won, and you wanted a rematch to swap lanes, I'd give you the chance. That's all I'm talking about here.
That's when you really want to have a true win and play good sport I guess

Old 03-15-2019, 02:28 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Its the same two faced stuff as it was before. Unfortunately marketing and exaggerations take precedence over facts and data. When all you do is play catch up, you take whatever you can get any way you can get it.

Because only one race happened, dont try to exaggerate it into a shoot out. Mike went faster in a figured out car vs a car fresh off the dyno with a novice driver with no seat time and drag racing experience in the known worse lane. If there was a team shoot out, only one team would show up, the same one that goes to all the other events and brings many cars each time, not just IG model pimping stage 4 fitness teas with long winded inspirational quotes.
Just providing the facts 4 991.1 Turbos went to the race track only 1 was the quickest of the night.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:38 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Adam I totally gotcha on that I would do the same. I was not there so I don't know what was or was not said or agreed to. But there were 4 cars there and Mike had the smallest turbos out there and went quicker than the 3 other cars.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Manuel,

If it was evident that the prep in the left lane was going off...as cars in the left had had been doing 9.5 then were starting to spin and progressively getting slower ETs,...and then a long anticipated race goes down with two cars who were both doing 9.5 with good prep earlier, and the car in the right lane clearly wins, and then the drivers agree to rematch and switch lanes...and then the driver in the right lane all of a sudden vanishes? You don't think that is a cowardly move?

I'm trying to figure this out since you were quick to celebrate this seeming victory.,.when to an observer this seems like a shady way to claim a win. Don't you agree?
Hi Adam,

Both lanes started slowing down so that’s completely beside the point. Mike’s was the only one that stayed consistent and he saw the times getting slower so he did not feel a need to run again. Other cars ran in the right lane is well and that produce the same results. I was there. Also, just to be straight, Fadi called out Mike, and it wasn’t toward the end of the event that Brooks from DragTimes asked me, “didn’t Fadi call out Mike’s car?”, I answered yes...then says, “he is not getting away from his call out let me get the cameras on Mike’s car and go get Fadi”, that is what happened. Mind you that Mike’s car ran 3 consistent 9.5’s and Fadi only ran one 9.5 slower than all 3 of Mike’s times.

Manuel

Old 03-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Arka and Marky,

I did not take my car to the event, one I was not invited LOL, two I am not a fan of 1/4 mile unless it’s a roll event, and three...we were trying to match the “apples to apples”-

Akra...to correct you, it wasn’t Ocala it was Naples, two different cities. Yes my car lost to Shay’s car, never said it hadn’t and yes, I called him out, actually I had been calling them out since early Saturday, but it wasn’t till late Sunday that they accepted. We all know that I had about 30 passes for the weekend and they were on their 3rd or 4th when we ran, no excuses here I lost fair and square. Also, you mention “team”, yes the By Design team like it or not always representing the Porsche brand like the rest of the shops and timers out there!

Manuel

Old 03-15-2019, 04:07 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Let me clarify some things here...

First, I never "called out" Mike. This track rental came about because I wanted to race Brooks since we have been talking about racing each other for months. Brooks suggested we get some cars to cover the price of the rental and I agreed. Mike asked to join (Or Shay invited him, I don't recall exactly) and I said 'of course he is welcome'. Once I knew he was coming and knowing he has a SBD car, I told him we will run and had some small talk. But to say "I called him out" is a lie. Why in the world would I 'call out' an SBD car on a fresh build that is new to me and ES? Makes no sense.

Second, Mike's best pass on his kit which he has had on for a year and has had "a lot of time into with fine tuning" WITH light weight seats and sprayed off ICs (throughout the whole night) was a 9.528@146.24 to my best pass of 9.588@146.51 (my car had OEM interior, no spraying off ICs). He also went 60-130 in 5.35 and I went 60-130 in 5.31. Given the circumstances in which these times were obtained, there is hardly anything to brag about, IMO.

Lastly, if MIke didn't feel a need to race again, then he shouldn't have told me he will. After I asked him to run again with switching lanes, he said..."Ya sure, let me just check the tune", and I replied "Ya man, whatever is cool, just let me know - it's all good". After 20 mins of not hearing anything from Mike, Shay told me Manuel did his victory dance and they packed the car into the trailer and left.

Regarding the lanes, honestly I did not put it all together until recently.

1. Mike consistently asked me for the right lane (he is from FL, he knows PBIR)
2. Brooks wanted the right lane all nigh (he is from FL, he knows PBIR)
3. A member on this forum (look at post #11 in this thread) told me before hand to NOT take the left lane - which I totally forgot about - because of the way the traction wears off in that lane.

Looking at the 3 above, is it a coincidence that Mike didn't want to switch lanes and re-run? Hmmm...

Regardless, I really don't care, lol. This isn't THAT serious to me. If it were, I wouldn't have raced Mike knowing I was slipping and sliding against Brooks. Just watch the video and it's very clear how bad my traction was - especially against Mike. I am just clarifying things for the people reading so they know the facts, and exactly how things went down.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:17 AM
Rohan Alexander will become famous soon enoughRohan Alexander will become famous soon enough
This is starting to sound like people having a cry!
who cares about left/right lanes. On that night there was one winner with the time slip to show. If you wanna go faster do a solo past in the right lane, Problem solved. These cars will all go faster with revised tunes and sure we will see it soon. They all doing really well to rep the P cars.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Let me clarify some things here...

First, I never "called out" Mike. This track rental came about because I wanted to race Brooks since we have been talking about racing each other for months. Brooks suggested we get some cars to cover the price of the rental and I agreed. Mike asked to join (Or Shay invited him, I don't recall exactly) and I said 'of course he is welcome'. Once I knew he was coming and knowing he has a SBD car, I told him we will run and had some small talk. But to say "I called him out" is a lie. Why in the world would I 'call out' an SBD car on a fresh build that is new to me and ES? Makes no sense.

Second, Mike's best pass on his kit which he has had on for a year and has had "a lot of time into with fine tuning" WITH light weight seats and sprayed off ICs (throughout the whole night) was a 9.528@146.24 to my best pass of 9.588@146.51 (my car had OEM interior, no spraying off ICs). He also went 60-130 in 5.35 and I went 60-130 in 5.31. Given the circumstances in which these times were obtained, there is hardly anything to brag about, IMO.

Lastly, if MIke didn't feel a need to race again, then he shouldn't have told me he will. After I asked him to run again with switching lanes, he said..."Ya sure, let me just check the tune", and I replied "Ya man, whatever is cool, just let me know - it's all good". After 20 mins of not hearing anything from Mike, Shay told me Manuel did his victory dance and they packed the car into the trailer and left.

Regarding the lanes, honestly I did not put it all together until recently.

1. Mike consistently asked me for the right lane (he is from FL, he knows PBIR)
2. Brooks wanted the right lane all nigh (he is from FL, he knows PBIR)
3. A member on this forum (look at post #11 in this thread) told me before hand to NOT take the left lane - which I totally forgot about - because of the way the traction wears off in that lane.

Looking at the 3 above, is it a coincidence that Mike didn't want to switch lanes and re-run? Hmmm...

Regardless, I really don't care, lol. This isn't THAT serious to me. If it were, I wouldn't have raced Mike knowing I was slipping and sliding against Brooks. Just watch the video and it's very clear how bad my traction was - especially against Mike. I am just clarifying things for the people reading so they know the facts, and exactly how things went down.
Hi Fadi,

You remind me of one of my teammates from the wrestling team back in the day, my coach would always tell him that he would be famous if he would write a book with all the excuses he had for being late to practice or not wanting to do certain drills during practice, LMAO. I think that this is right down your alley, who knows it maybe better than your YouTube channel. Regarding you insinuating or calling me a liar, I rather have a dialogue with you in person on your next trip to Florida.

Take care,

Manuel

P.S. Your were in Naples correct and in Ocala (the event were I was the fastest 991 TTS), well we have been spraying the IC's with ice cold water since then, you were in both events. Guess you did not learn

ACE Hardware store-

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...rayers/7438724

Old 03-16-2019, 11:41 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Hi Fadi,

You remind me of one of my teammates from the wrestling team back in the day, my coach would always tell him that he would be famous if he would write a book with all the excuses he had for being late to practice or not wanting to do certain drills during practice, LMAO. I think that this is right down your alley, who knows it maybe better than your YouTube channel. Regarding you insinuating or calling me a liar, I rather have a dialogue with you in person on your next trip to Florida.

Take care,

Manuel

P.S. Your were in Naples correct and in Ocala (the event were I was the fastest 991 TTS), well we have been spraying the IC's with ice cold water since then, you were in both events. Guess you did not learn

ACE Hardware store-

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...rayers/7438724
Nah, no excuses here. Just facts you don't like hearing being that they are not convenient to you.

Keep up the online threats . It's typically the number one resort when your defense is weak. I am happy to have a dialogue with you in person just as I did at PBIR when I approached you and Mike.

Thanks for the link, I'll have to try it out and see if it works, Maybe next time we meet you can actually run your own car instead of being someone else's water boy.

Cheers bud.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:05 PM
arkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Just providing the facts 4 991.1 Turbos went to the race track only 1 was the quickest of the night.
Yes no one has argued otherwise. Its drag racing anything can happen, its fastest A to B. You know all about how having more and not being able to go as fast as someone with less in a more figured out car.

Arka and Marky,

I did not take my car to the event, one I was not invited LOL, two I am not a fan of 1/4 mile unless it’s a roll event, and three...we were trying to match the “apples to apples”-

Akra...to correct you, it wasn’t Ocala it was Naples, two different cities. Yes my car lost to Shay’s car, never said it hadn’t and yes, I called him out, actually I had been calling them out since early Saturday, but it wasn’t till late Sunday that they accepted. We all know that I had about 30 passes for the weekend and they were on their 3rd or 4th when we ran, no excuses here I lost fair and square. Also, you mention “team”, yes the By Design team like it or not always representing the Porsche brand like the rest of the shops and timers out there!

Manuel
My original post was about sportsmanship, you just replied to everything I said and omitted the main point I was making. Calling out a competitor and then intentionally jumping him is bad sportsmanship, just like racing someone once and not running it back when the other car obviously spun bad and then making up a silly excuse to why you wont run it back after you got the GW you wanted.

Makes sense though when all you do is play catch up , you take a win any way you can get it.
I think that this is right down your alley, who knows it maybe better than your YouTube channel. Regarding you insinuating or calling me a liar, I rather have a dialogue with you in person on your next trip to Florida.

Yeah come see us. Our team will be in that toter filled with 5 cars, that drove down 1000 miles to race again. We can discuss sportsmanship, drag racing, what a shop and a tuner is, anything youd like.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:16 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
How about we setup a Boxing Ring too?? So once the racing is over, they can settle the other stuff in the Ring??

LOL

Come on folks... It's Man Made Machines, Parts, and MONEY!! With enough of all three and someone to cut a decent light, ANYBODY can be the fastest / quickest. But for us common folk (speaking for myself), it's just all about fun and enjoying living in times where a daily driven car can cut ET's that most Full Blown Race Cars from a couple of decades ago would have a hard time running.

Last edited by Big Swole; 03-16-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:48 PM
arkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Big Swole
How about we setup a Boxing Ring too?? So once the racing is over, they can settle the other stuff in the Ring??

LOL

Come on folks... It's Man Made Machines, Parts, and MONEY!! With enough of all three and someone to cut a decent light, ANYBODY can be the fastest / quickest. But for us common folk (speaking for myself), it's just all about fun and enjoying living in times where a daily driven car can cut ET's that most Full Blown Race Cars from a couple of decades ago would have a hard time running.

Lol it’s not that serious , the double standards, fake pimping and keeping people honest constantly gets tiring. I like data, real results and real competition not exaggerations and one sided stories used for marketing.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:00 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !

Lol it’s not that serious , the double standards, fake pimping and keeping people honest constantly gets tiring. I like data, real results and real competition not exaggerations and one sided stories used for marketing.

I was obviously joking about the ring...

I understand man...Been around other forums of a different performance world (Modded Diesel's) for a long while and it's all the same stuff dude. Everyone "cheers" or we used to call it "Nut Swings" for the people they use / spend money with for upgrades. No different here.

Everyone wants to be on top... I get it. If I had Fadi's (and many more here) Kinda money, I'm sure I'd have a B.A. build from someone also. But, I've always tried to keep it "light and fun" no matter what. It's not like anyone is winning HUGE money purses at these races.

Anyway.... I don't have a dog in the fight.. I just love watching other people with money willing to go all out to see what these already awesome cars can do with some mods / tuning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S