6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo-172/)
-   -   Another 991TT ES1100 running 8.9 @ 164 MPH (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo/430677-another-991tt-es1100-running-8-9-164-mph.html)

Emre@Esmotor 04-19-2019 08:07 AM

Another 991TT ES1100 running 8.9 @ 164 MPH

Hello guys,

We have chance to test one of our built 991 packages at drag strip yesterday in Qatar.

We are very proud to say that this it the 3rd 991TT in the World to run 8s and all of these cars have our complete packages!

Ambient temp was 32c (89F).

The car has our ES1200 package with GTX35 turbos, and has light seat and light doors.
Running only 28 psi of boost so far.

One day before it ran 9.2s and 9.0s and yesterday we dialed the launch a bit better and managed to run 8.94s @ 164mph (264kmh)

We plan to install upgraded rear axles and turn up the launch and boost in the future.

Here is the video

Enjoy...

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...310b762db0.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...4b48e86002.jpg

Big Swole 04-19-2019 02:25 PM

Wow! That's getting DOWN!!!

3llooi 04-19-2019 05:39 PM

Mashallah

All of those 3 991s are ESMOTOR cars !!

Good work

kouzman 04-19-2019 06:05 PM

8.9 with a 1.54 60ft! that's nuts!!! congrats guys.

993Godspeed 04-19-2019 06:19 PM

Sick!! Love the wastegate action before launch. Crazy. Congrats on another successful build.

Ansari991tts 04-21-2019 11:52 PM

Great work done ^^

Mark @ AIM Performance 04-23-2019 08:11 AM

Congrats on another 8 second build Emre !

longboarder 04-26-2019 01:20 PM

Pretty incredible to do that when it's so hot out. There's no magic -2,000 DA day out there so props for doing it in these conditions!

Let me guess, you can daily drive this car too?!?

Junkie 04-29-2019 04:05 PM

Thats strong, would be a blast on the street. Hows real world drivability with this combo?

arjayr33 04-29-2019 07:22 PM

streeability

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 4779731)
Thats strong, would be a blast on the street. Hows real world drivability with this combo?

Dave Briggs's 2014 Turbo S does high 8s and recently joined the 200 mph club takes his fam to dinner on that same car and he also drive it to work weather permitted.

08957 04-30-2019 01:04 AM

Very impressive looking car in the video - it looks like there is a lot of potential to go even faster with this car - great job

To address the questions here about what a car like that would drive like on the street - I have some thoughts after having owned a few fast cars and now having a 850 hp 997

I can only speak from experience with my modified 997 that when I am at 750 hp level it is at watch your ass carefully mode - and dnt get on it around a corner all the way and when I am on 850 E85 mode it is really a total handful on the street. Very often the tires break loose if there are any bumps in the pavement of when I am in 2nd or 3rd gear and rolling into boost

Yes - I CAN drive it on the road - out to dinner - to work - it starts up - idles and drives like a stock car until you get on boost - but it is a garage queen and I rarely drive it anyway as it is really just totally nuts and there is no sense driving this car around at the speed limit cruising along with traffic - its purpose is to feel the boost and the power and the reality is that the suspension and electronics are not up to the engine at this point - in practice 100 mph comes up in just a few clicks and with a lot of burning tires each time

The 991 Turbo S I just got which is stock I am sure would wind up the same way. They run well on prepared tracks going in a straight line but I would not advise trying to do any road racing on a car making that kind of power unless you are a F1 driver

Yes - having a lot more power than stock is wonderful and a lot of fun but it does have effects of the ability of the platform to manage the power and give you a well balanced machine - by definition when you make double the power of the factory engine you are out of balance of just about every electronic driving aide that is working in the background in these cars

I think there is a certain "sweet spot" somewhere around stage II or III where you get a really nice performance gain and where the car remains functional and generally safe. As your addiction or hobby progresses beyond that level the costs and dangers progress and the rewards diminish in my opinion

When you start to modify cars there is always a trade off and all to often those who modify the cars only look at the straight line performance and loose focus on other aspects of what makes a Porsche a Porsche. I have one high power Porsche. Now that I have that experience and know its ultimate conclusion I do not think I would build another

DanWeber 04-30-2019 02:56 PM

Congrats! Another one in the eights!!

arkadyzv 04-30-2019 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 08957 (Post 4779794)
Very impressive looking car in the video - it looks like there is a lot of potential to go even faster with this car - great job

To address the questions here about what a car like that would drive like on the street - I have some thoughts after having owned a few fast cars and now having a 850 hp 997

I can only speak from experience with my modified 997 that when I am at 750 hp level it is at watch your ass carefully mode - and dnt get on it around a corner all the way and when I am on 850 E85 mode it is really a total handful on the street. Very often the tires break loose if there are any bumps in the pavement of when I am in 2nd or 3rd gear and rolling into boost

Yes - I CAN drive it on the road - out to dinner - to work - it starts up - idles and drives like a stock car until you get on boost - but it is a garage queen and I rarely drive it anyway as it is really just totally nuts and there is no sense driving this car around at the speed limit cruising along with traffic - its purpose is to feel the boost and the power and the reality is that the suspension and electronics are not up to the engine at this point - in practice 100 mph comes up in just a few clicks and with a lot of burning tires each time

The 991 Turbo S I just got which is stock I am sure would wind up the same way. They run well on prepared tracks going in a straight line but I would not advise trying to do any road racing on a car making that kind of power unless you are a F1 driver

Yes - having a lot more power than stock is wonderful and a lot of fun but it does have effects of the ability of the platform to manage the power and give you a well balanced machine - by definition when you make double the power of the factory engine you are out of balance of just about every electronic driving aide that is working in the background in these cars

I think there is a certain "sweet spot" somewhere around stage II or III where you get a really nice performance gain and where the car remains functional and generally safe. As your addiction or hobby progresses beyond that level the costs and dangers progress and the rewards diminish in my opinion

When you start to modify cars there is always a trade off and all to often those who modify the cars only look at the straight line performance and loose focus on other aspects of what makes a Porsche a Porsche. I have one high power Porsche. Now that I have that experience and know its ultimate conclusion I do not think I would build another

You are very misinformed, a 750whp 997 drives nothing like a 750whp 991. A 750whp 991 drives exactly like a stock 991 except with more power. I dont know what makes you assume the balance is gone. Also if your 750whp 997 is having issues with traction till a 100 theres something seriously wrong.