Aero Cup Pkg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:15 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Aero Cup Pkg

Does anyone know when Aero Cup Pkg will become available? I have been told that it might be a long wait?

Old 01-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
They tell you it's a long wait to get the sale now, then six months from now you see them all over the place. It's alot of money. Wait for what you want.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:03 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Have you seen it??? Horrible from what I have seen.

Jason

Old 01-06-2012, 03:34 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
It was an option when the p. configurater first went up but it was rapidly removed...
still up on the European sites though... back looks hideous but the front is very cool!

Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JEllis
Have you seen it??? Horrible from what I have seen.

Jason
Does it look like the taco wing that came on the 996.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:13 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
Does it look like the taco wing that came on the 996.
I just don't like the way the 991 interal wing looks.... 997.2 was much nicer even though it was smaller.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUWR...yer_embedded#!

looks alright in this vid, I think I would wait an get mine with

Old 01-07-2012, 12:13 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
This video is not showing the aerokit cup!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I was just looking at my Porsche "After Sale" calendar and there is a pic of the aero kit rear wing. Looks pretty cool actually, wonder what the front will look like. The rear almost looks like the stock wing extended.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
It was an option when the p. configurater first went up but it was rapidly removed...
still up on the European sites though... back looks hideous but the front is very cool!
I wonder if that's what the GT3 front end will look like?

Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Regardless of the pkg name, I wonder what the implication of the duck tail are. It certainly removes the speed elevating spoiler - it is a stationary and unmoving body piece. I wonder what it does to the manual elevation button on the dash console that elevates the spoiler on demand. Also, the motors and mechanisms involved in elevating the spoiler deck. Would these still be in place and simply disabled? Or not there at all? If the latter is true Porsche should credit the buyer to have the ducktail - seems like a simpler design.

Last edited by EricP; 01-12-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Bruce
I wonder if that's what the GT3 front end will look like?
im also very interested to know what this new gt3 will look like.

Originally Posted by EricP
Porsche should credit the buyer to have the ducktail - seems like a simpler design.
ah yes but you know as well as I do that with porsche less is more.
or was so in the past with things like those fabric door pulls, it was kinda like having less and being charged more.

But seriously wouldnt you think that the gt3 wing will just be a wing like the 3.8 or 4.0 with metal uprights off the side of the ducktail?

I wonder wonder

I guess time will tell..

Old 01-13-2012, 08:17 AM
ncmavro is just really nicencmavro is just really nicencmavro is just really nicencmavro is just really nicencmavro is just really nice
Originally Posted by lopro
im also very interested to know what this new gt3 will look like.

ah yes but you know as well as I do that with porsche less is more.
or was so in the past with things like those fabric door pulls, it was kinda like having less and being charged more.

But seriously wouldnt you think that the gt3 wing will just be a wing like the 3.8 or 4.0 with metal uprights off the side of the ducktail?

I wonder wonder

I guess time will tell..
The whole less is more philosophy is a fairly recent development with Porsche if i am correct. Wasn't the 964 RS actually less expensive than the standard model because of a less spec-ed out interior i.e. fabric door pulls etc ? Now, the whole porsche charges more for the gt3 because its a lightweight 911 is horse manure, as they should since it has the mezger motor, but from what i understand the older RS models had the same block, just different suspension/interior/weight set ups. I wish porsche would bring back an RS model car with standard motors that would be more affordable than the gt3 line, as it would give more people the opportunity to have a hardcore 911 without paying a premium.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:14 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EricP
Regardless of the pkg name, I wonder what the implication of the duck tail are.
The pic in the calendar isn't a ducktail. It is a broad, fixed wing.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
That's fine but I'm talking about the Porsche ducktail. (like I said - unsure of pkg name) Just considering the implications of this factory option. The ducktail... I know it's not the aerocup pkg.

I decided against opening a new thread dedicated to this item

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aero Cup Pkg