6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   SpeedART parts (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/272678-speedart-parts.html)

JB991 04-06-2012 08:34 PM

SpeedART parts

Anyone know someone who sells/deals with SpeedART parts? Forum vendors?

I'm really wanting the rear spoiler and diffuser.

http://www.motorward.com/2012/04/spe...ealed-in-full/

catchmyshadow 04-07-2012 02:25 PM

outside: nice!
wheels: okay
interior: yuck!

NSD991 04-07-2012 07:35 PM

I really like the rear spoiler as well. If you find out any info please post in this thread. Thanks

M3EvoBR 04-08-2012 06:59 AM

side skirt and front spoiler just don't belong to the car, they look like some sort of civic body kit.

SM_ATL 04-08-2012 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by JB991 (Post 3508347)
Anyone know someone who sells/deals with SpeedART parts? Forum vendors?

I'm really wanting the rear spoiler and diffuser.

http://www.motorward.com/2012/04/spe...ealed-in-full/

GMP Performance. They are forum vendors and have SpeedART parts.
My shop has the rear spoiler and springs on order. Hope to get delivery before next week...

BrandonH 04-08-2012 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by SM_ATL (Post 3509830)
My shop has the rear spoiler and springs on order. Hope to get delivery before next week...

How much are you lowering your car?

NSD991 04-08-2012 07:38 PM

Do you know if the spoiler will work with this spasm wing as it raises up a bit more? Also any info on pricing? Please pm if can. Thanks

SM_ATL 04-08-2012 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by NSD991 (Post 3509846)
Do you know if the spoiler will work with this spasm wing as it raises up a bit more? Also any info on pricing? Please pm if can. Thanks

Do not know about SPASM and did not ask the question since I do not have it, but looking at the geometry of the spoiler and knowing that it will still raise, I do not think there should be an issue with SPASM either.
Pricing listed on GMP performance website. Not too crazy (unlike the engine tune which costs a lot of $$$ for very few HP).

SM_ATL 04-08-2012 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by BrandonH (Post 3509842)
How much are you lowering your car?

I think a bit less than an inch according to what I read. I do not like cars that are slammed, rubbing is out of the question and I always stick to the 'one finger minimum' rule (between the tire and the fender). I'll post pics as soon as the job is done!

NSD991 04-08-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by SM_ATL (Post 3509856)
Do not know about SPASM and did not ask the question since I do not have it, but looking at the geometry of the spoiler and knowing that it will still raise, I do not think there should be an issue with SPASM either.
Pricing listed on GMP performance website. Not too crazy (unlike the engine tune which costs a lot of $$$ for very few HP).

Great thanks. Please post your impressions of the wing once you have it installed!

JB991 05-10-2012 03:30 PM

SM_ATL -- Any updates on these parts? Using you as my guinea pig if you don't mind. :)

SM_ATL 05-10-2012 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by JB991 (Post 3540748)
SM_ATL -- Any updates on these parts? Using you as my guinea pig if you don't mind. :)

Still no news :mad::mad::mad:
My shop is buying from Vivid who in turn gets it from the importer who has the exclusivity for the US. Last week, the parts were still in Germany. The spoiler would be ready but there were issues with the springs. It seems to be extremely difficult to get updates from the importer or SpeedART. I do not know which one of the two (or both?) are causing the issue.

I find this frustrating as springs are made by H&R and already being delivered in the US while SpeedART parts -that are way more expensive- are still nowhere to be seen. It also turns out that the first H&R shipments are already sold out.

I hope the parts will work well on the car because the service has been terrible so far. If I do not get a firm and solid answer with tracking information before the end of the week I'll probably cancel the order and move on with an OEM spoiler and SPASM springs (or H&R).

I'll keep you posted...

BrandonH 05-10-2012 08:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Not sure if you've seen the Techart kit but I think it trumps the Speedart package....I actually LOVE it......I emailed them and got some pricing and info....everything is available "except" the rear spoiler...available July.

** anyone know how to post pics NOT as an attachment?

SM_ATL 05-10-2012 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by BrandonH (Post 3540999)
Not sure if you've seen the Techart kit but I think it trumps the Speedart package....I actually LOVE it......I emailed them and got some pricing and info....everything is available "except" the rear spoiler...available July.

** anyone know how to post pics NOT as an attachment?

Not bad indeed :), but now that a Porsche aerokit cup option exists (I asked my shop if it would be available as spare parts already), I would be tempted to go OEM. Anyhow, I am just looking at lowering the car + rear spoiler for now.

robfxlr 05-10-2012 10:17 PM

I agree..................

..........................kinda does remind me of a Honda Civic spoiler kit. I'd leave her alone......