Porsche "iManual" site: online manuals & videos!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:36 AM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Porsche "iManual" site: online manuals & videos!

I just realized that the owner's manual is online at Porsche's new "iManual" site. From what I can tell, it has the full manual, quite nicely converted from print and with searchable index (not full text, it appears). Navigation isn't great if you want to find a section you remember from the print manual, but search actually works great. And as an added bonus, Porsche also produced some videos, which are perfect to show the wife (who won't ever even touch the manual)

Apologies if this is old news--I at least wasn't aware of the site.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:48 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
It seems pretty skimpy, I wish it was the whole manual.

ChuckJ

Old 05-12-2012, 11:23 AM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
It is the whole manual. Look at the "show all sections" (or similar) at the bottom

Old 05-12-2012, 05:54 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chancludo
It is the whole manual. Look at the "show all sections" (or similar) at the bottom
Very good, thanks chancludo.

ChuckJ

Old 05-13-2012, 10:52 AM
[...] Navigation isn't great if you want to find a section you remember from the print manual [...]
Update: URL breaks down by page one-to-one and the SEO-suffix can be left off, making it quite easy to jump to exact pages:

Example
Original URL for page 13, "Theft Protection":
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/2012-911-carrera-owners-manual/6/13/Theft-protection

Modified URL:
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/2012-911-carrera-owners-manual/6/13/
So if you just change the last number from 1 to 266 you can jump to every page. Just make sure the URL ends with '/'.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
I just downloaded the imanual for the iPhone. App is comprehensive, with videos and full manual. Follow the link to see on itunes store and download.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/good...578575559?mt=8

Old 12-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Go123
I just downloaded the imanual for the iPhone. App is comprehensive, with videos and full manual. Follow the link to see on itunes store and download.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/good...578575559?mt=8
Does ist work for you? I rated it 1 star only because u can't scroll pages, both on iPhone and iPad. I scroll down, app snaps the page back to top. Silly. Appears as if they never tested it, even if that's hard to believe.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Does ist work for you? I rated it 1 star only because u can't scroll pages, both on iPhone and iPad. I scroll down, app snaps the page back to top. Silly. Appears as if they never tested it, even if that's hard to believe.
The scrolling seems to work fine, I am using iPhone 5, and it seems it was designed for the 4" screen, I don't think its is meant for the iPad.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Nice fine, downloading now

Old 12-05-2012, 03:31 AM
Nine XI will become famous soon enoughNine XI will become famous soon enough
Wow, this is great. With three months more until delivery I now have another distraction. The videos are nice and short and it will help my understanding of the 991 functions versus 997. Already bookemarked for future study!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM
The scrolling seems to work fine, I am using iPhone 5, and it seems it was designed for the 4" screen, I don't think its is meant for the iPad.
Ah, I see, this is a different app, by Porsche themselves. I was talking about the "MyPorsche" app, which looks like it is by Porsche but is actually not: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-p...523744729?mt=8 . This one doesn't scroll. The "Good To Know" app you mention is actually much better! Thanks for the find!

Only beef I have is that downloading car content is ridiculously slow. The 911 manuals should be only 256MB yet it took 90 minutes to download. Worse, anytime the phone goes to sleep, the download is stuck and you have to start over. But once it's downloaded, it's really good. BTW, it uses the full screen on my iPhone 5...

Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Ah, I see, this is a different app, by Porsche themselves. I was talking about the "MyPorsche" app, which looks like it is by Porsche but is actually not: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-p...523744729?mt=8 . This one doesn't scroll. The "Good To Know" app you mention is actually much better! Thanks for the find!

Only beef I have is that downloading car content is ridiculously slow. The 911 manuals should be only 256MB yet it took 90 minutes to download. Worse, anytime the phone goes to sleep, the download is stuck and you have to start over. But once it's downloaded, it's really good. BTW, it uses the full screen on my iPhone 5...
Download it on LTE, wifi for some reason is ridiculously slow. 2 mins when using the cellular network.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Download it on LTE, wifi for some reason is ridiculously slow. 2 mins when using the cellular network.
Gee, how about that for your daily helping of counter-intuitiveness? Thanks for the hint!

In other news, has anyone heard anything about these "online services" that are becoming available through the AHA Radio app?

Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
I ordered online services with my car. Unfortunately I won't have it until Jan so can't report any hands on experience. I did however download the Aha app and connected it to our Rover. It seems to work well there. I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet though. Seems you can stream music, podcasts, sports, etc thru it. I was not able to find the location storing option I had read about. But then again I have not used it much.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 PM
There is a detailed explanation of the aha app in the Good To Know iPhone app.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche "iManual" site: online manuals & videos!