How to change the front Spoiler lip to the Spasm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
This

Very simple to do, I did this as well. Took like 3 minutes.
+1. Easiest mod ever.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:30 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Angry How do you remove the spoiler lip?

Sorry, but been trying and trying to pull the spoiler lip off to no avail. Been told to pull straight out, but its not working for me. Are there slits under the car I need to pry out before pulling out? No matter how hard I pull, it is not coming out. Can anyone post pictures? Many thanks to all!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Sorry, but been trying and trying to pull the spoiler lip off to no avail. Been told to pull straight out, but its not working for me. Are there slits under the car I need to pry out before pulling out? No matter how hard I pull, it is not coming out. Can anyone post pictures? Many thanks to all!
You may have to slide right then pull down and out. I took this photo whilst my car was being prep'd. Hope it helps.

Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2012, 07:54 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Gee thanks Haku. I will give it a try and let you know if successful.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi, tried what Haku suggested, but no luck. Moved it to the right, moved it to the left, pulled hard from center, passenger side, and driver side, with no luck Pulled so hard, car was moving. Still nothing. Are there clips or tabs I need to get loose? Man, this is frustrating. Anyone else out there have the solution or suggestions? Any pics showing how you did it would be marvelous. Many thanks to all!

Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Silly question but you have unscrewed retainers as in #14 on the diagram?

Old 12-23-2012, 10:07 AM
I did not because, according to Wallin, the screws only hold in the rubber piece to the spoiler and the screws do not have to be removed to take off. Do you think they have to be removed? Thanks.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Just to be fair, I removed the 4 screws on the bottom of the spoiler lip. Pulled and puled and still can't get it off. For those who were able to get it off, what is the trick?? For the life of me, I sure cannot figure it out

Old 12-24-2013, 02:08 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
PorscheCrazy: Did you ever get the spoiler on?

Old 12-24-2013, 03:08 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
I am getting a chuckle out of this thread.

My car came with SPASM and thus the spoiler. The second day I had it, I backed out of a friends driveway, late at night 90 degrees to the street. SHAZAM. A loud POP and there it was laying in the driveway. Panic. One day old and I did that! I got a flashlight and crawled all over the place looking for mounting hardware. None. WTF. Then I noticed the tabs and lined it up and pushed. POP - perfectly reinstalled. For a while I was waiting to see what else would pop off and on.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by BradB
PorscheCrazy: Did you ever get the spoiler on?
Hey Brad - yeah, was finally able to and replaced the "horns" with the sport spoiler lip. What you need to do is to use a screwdriver or plastic tool to pry the tabs out from underneath both sides of the car and pull down and the lip will come off.

Pic of where to look to start prying and what it will look like once the spoiler is removed

Pic of the spoiler and what the tab looks like. You don't need to unscrew anything, just pry the circled part away from the body underneath the car.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	underside_zpsadeac162.jpg
Views:	2888
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	314590  
Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:09 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Thanks! My spoiler is on its way.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:52 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
Remind me of this thread, https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-anyone.html

No pry necessary if the rubber piece underneath which serves as locking mechanism was removed first, as I mentioned before.
Attached pdf is what need to be done as preliminary step before the infamous just pull out and pull down thingy.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NonPASMfrontlipRemoval_noted.pdf (194.2 KB, 699 views)
Old 12-25-2013, 10:27 AM
991CARRERA4 will become famous soon enough
Old 06-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
Porsche part #

Originally Posted by VEGAS9ELEVEN
I attempted to change it myself. Removed the 2 screws on each side (2 different size screws) and found myself pulling pretty hard to try and get it off. I should of probably lifted the vehicle first but after a few attempts I decided the smart move was to let the pros do it. Took it to the dealer here in Vegas and they installed it in about 5 minutes using a lift. Below is a link with pics of it installed (looks great and aggressive) and I also wanted to show off my new silver hood emblem. haha. FYI: the guys at the parts dept. at Freemont Porsche in Northern CA have been beating Suncoasts price on all parts and shipping. Good luck!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ictureid=25262
Anyone have the Porsche part # for this part? I want to call my dealer and order it but they always ask me to give them the part # first. Thank you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to change the front Spoiler lip to the Spasm